The myth of "far right Christian fundamentalism"

Progressives view all children as sexual entities, remember...they will demonize anyone who stands against that. The perverts, according to them, are the men who seek to protect children from sexual activity...

Yeah, that thread already went down.

So again....why is it all progressives think that men who want to protect the innocence of children are perverts?

I can only surmise it's because they want those kids available for sexual predation. I mean, what other reason could there be?

the base your speaking of didnt used to vote.

they were courted by the republican party

Now they are harming the very party that courted their vote.

Not so.

It was Carter who appealed to the Evangelicals.....

1. Sullivan makes clear that ignoring such voters, as the party has done for the last forty years, has proven a recipe for political decline and electoral defeat. The story includes Jimmy Carter, whose frank talk about faith got him half the evangelical vote in 1976, and who went on to pursue policies on issues like abortion and the Equal Rights Amendment that outraged his evangelical base, creating an opportunity the Republican Party shrewdly exploited. As Sullivan observes, "the idea of organizing evangelicals into a conservative political force was the brainchild of a group of mostly secular New Right activists who saw conservative Christians as 'the greatest tract of virgin timber on the political landscape.'"
Ascension - Baumann

2. The evangelical entrance into the politics first occurred in the mid 1970s with the election of Jimmy Carter as president. http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3468303208.html

I keep waiting for you to get something right.

Do you think the problem stems from your political persuasion?

It exists, but not in the form that the left identifies it. They maintain that ANYONE who opposes abortion and is Christian and a Republican is a *fundie*..and an extremist.

It's just not true.

Of course, the same people maintain that the Tea Party is a white supremecist group, too.

They aren't committed to truth. It's all about propaganda and painting a picture to fool the people.

It exists, but not in the form that the left identifies it. They maintain that ANYONE who opposes abortion and is Christian and a Republican is a *fundie*..and an extremist.

It's just not true.
OK, so correct it.

What is true and what isn't true?

Yeah, that thread already went down.

So again....why is it all progressives think that men who want to protect the innocence of children are perverts?

I can only surmise it's because they want those kids available for sexual predation. I mean, what other reason could there be?

Because I view my daughter as a person not a possession. I raised her to be an independent individual, not a dependent cook, maid and babysitter. I didn't raise her to be subservient to a man, I raised her to be an equal. I don't see her as a second class citizen, I see her as someone who can be anything she wants to be and should be paid equally for her abilities.

It's just not true.

"They" do, huh?

:link: ?

Is that what this thread is? A strawman?

Of course, the same people maintain that the Tea Party is a white supremecist group, too.

They aren't committed to truth. It's all about propaganda and painting a picture to fool the people.

That's why the very first tea party convention in Nashville kicked off the convention with a racist xenophobic rant by Tom Tancredo to wild applause.

That's why the very first tea party convention in Nashville kicked off the convention with a racist xenophobic rant by Tom Tancredo to wild applause.

Sure, sure.

PS...a liberal nutcase sent a bomb to Sheriff Joe...obviously, all liberals are terrorists.

Sure, sure.

Feb. 5 2010
Tea Party convention kicks off with racist rant

Tea Party convention's racial brouhaha: Obama won because Jim Crow-era law not on books - Tancredo

Racist Shirts Popular at Tea Party Convention

We all know that the Moral Majority, Oral Roberts University, Pat Robertson, Bob Jones University, Liberty University, the Creationist Museum in Kentucky, the Family Research Council, etc., etc., are all mainstream manifestations of the Christian community, not "far right"...at least, not from the viewpoint of the folks who turn on their TV's on Sunday morning who are putting their hands on the screen in order to be healed of arthritis by some dude speaking in tongues.

University of Washington Study Concretely Links Tea Party Members With Authoritarianism, Racism, Homophobia

Some of the most shocking statistics are as follows:

1. Only one third of Tea Party adherents believe that the government should not engage in a) warantless wiretapping and b) racial and religious profiling. Skeptics of the Tea Party are against these practices about 75% of the time, as are 53-57% of those who consider themselves "middle of the road."

2. Only a little more than half of the Tea Party (54%) believes that the government should not be able to hold alleged criminals indefinetly, compared to 90% of skeptics and 79% of "moderates" who oppose that practice.

3. 72% of Tea Partiers believe that slavery and centuries of government oppression and discrimination that ended, on paper, not 50 years ago, do not constitute significant barriers to the upward mobility of blacks, compared to only 28% of skeptics, and 55% of "moderates." 88% of the Tea Party also believes that the injustices faced by blacks are the same as the injustices faced by early European immigrants.

4. Concurrent with the above statistics, 73% of Tea Partiers believe that economic hardships faced by blacks are due purely to their own laziness.

5. By and large, Tea Partiers are much more likely to think of blacks and Hispanics as lazy, untrustworthy and stupid, and Asians and whites as hard-working, honest and intelligent.

6. A little less than one third of the Tea Party (32%) support equal rights for adoption regardless of sexuality, as opposed to 80% support among Tea Party skeptics. Tea Partiers also are 11% less likely to support equal rights for LGBTQ people in the work place than skeptics (62 to 73%).

7. More than half of the Tea Party (54%) believes that legal immigration should be reduced, and 56% believe that immigrants are in the process of taking their jobs, which are in fact being outsourced, not taken. In contrast, only 34% of skeptics believe immigration quotas should be reduced, and less than that (31%) blame immigrants, not multinational corporations that are contracting out labor at a tremendous rate, for a loss of jobs.

Sure, sure.

Feb. 5 2010
Tea Party convention kicks off with racist rant

Tea Party convention's racial brouhaha: Obama won because Jim Crow-era law not on books - Tancredo

Racist Shirts Popular at Tea Party Convention

:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Great propaganda there, mein kommandant

We all know that the Moral Majority, Oral Roberts University, Pat Robertson, Bob Jones University, Liberty University, the Creationist Museum in Kentucky, the Family Research Council, etc., etc., are all mainstream manifestations of the Christian community, not "far right"...at least, not from the viewpoint of the folks who turn on their TV's on Sunday morning who are putting their hands on the screen in order to be healed of arthritis by some dude speaking in tongues.

And we all know the above and many others have a powerful, undue influence in Republican Party politics and policy making; these are the folks doing the ‘primarying.’

Forum List

Back