The Most Exciting Inning Evahhhhhh!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Yesterday...October 14, 2015...the fifth game of the Toronto Blue Jays, LA Dodgers series.....the ALDS...

Wow! Just wow!!!
They say in every baseball game, you see something you've never seen before!
Amen to that!

Game tied in the sixth inning....

Seventh inning:
"Toronto tied the game, 2-2, on Edwin Encarnacion's home run in the sixth, but Texas reclaimed a 3-2 lead on a fluke play that started the seventh inning on a bizarre path that would define this series.

[LA's] Rougned Odor was on third base with two outs when Shin-Soo Choo took a fastball for ball two. Blue Jays catcher Russell Martin tried to throw the ball back to relief pitcher Aaron Sanchez, but it hit Choo's hand, holding the bat, and ricocheted toward third base. Odor broke home and scored.

[OMG!!!!! Jaw meet floor!!! ]

Umpire Dale Scott called a dead ball and sent Odor back to third, but Rangers manager Jeff Banister asked Scott to convene with the other umpires to discuss the play. They reversed the decision and allowed Odor's run to count, calling a crew-chief review for a rule check in a sequence that prompted Blue Jays manager John Gibbons to initiate an official protest, which Toronto withdrew after its victory.

[The stands went nuts!!! Looked like it was all over for the birds!!]

"It never happened in my life before. I don't really know what the rule is. He was in the box.

[Then....the Dodgers make three errors to load the bases!!!!!]

[Then this:]

The Blue Jays' dramatic comeback put an end to one of the most bizarre and tense postseason games in recent memory."
Blue Jays beat Rangers in wild ALDS Game 5

I've watched a lot of baseball and that inning was something else. That's why the baseball playoffs are so entertaining.

I'm a Yankee fan...but it will be tough deciding whether to root for the Jays or the Cubs....
I have no favorite team here so I'm rooting for the Cubs to go all the way and break the curse of the Billy Goat.
I'm a Royals fan and the Cubs are my favorite team in the NL so it would be a dream come true for me to see a Royals/Cubs world series. they are one step closer to my dream matchup,here's hoping.I at least got my wish that they both advanced this far.:thup:

I of course am going to be pulling for the Royals but I will be happy for the Cubs and Cubs fans as well if they win,their fans have suffered for so long they deserve a world series title and i think they will win it all sometime in the near future if not this year.

Hmm....The Dodgers are playing the Mets....game 5 is tonight. Freudian slip maybe? When I lived in Brooklyn we rooted for the Yankees and the Mets.

Remember that silly song, meet the mets?

:thup:

GO DODGERS!!!

I never met anyone from Chicago that I ever liked. Cubs are done.....curses work!
Sure makes it fun. The Red Sox finally broke the curse of the Bambino in 2004.
yeah thats why i think they have an excellent chance because till that point i always believed in curses and never thought the sox would break that curse ,them winning though made ms stop believing in curses though so curses are all in the past.

I never met anyone from Chicago that I ever liked. Cubs are done.....curses work!
yeah thats why i think they have an excellent chance because till that point i always believed in curses and never thought the sox would break that curse ,them winning though made ms stop believing in curses though so curses are all in the past.

Curses only work when directed at Chicago.......:laugh:.

Curses only work when directed at Chicago.......:laugh:.

You're speaking of a team in the midst of a 107 year re-building program....

Forum List

Back