The Most Disgusting Song of All Time

Things aren't "obvious" just because you and like two other people think they are, especially when you fail to present any resemblance of a compelling argument.

And that's why you're stupid you can't even understand the argument

tapatalk post

Alright, this is a total waste of time. Feel like I'm talking to an angry teenager or something (all you've offered to the discussion is that "I'm stupid").

I'll stick to my optimistic view, and you can stick to your sad, negative and angry view. I'd like to note that you're the first person I've ever met who dislikes ALL art that takes the viewer or listener temporarily to a utopia. Really, it's a bit sad.

I'm going to go enjoy life for a bit, so talk later. Cheer up, lol...

You go right ahead and stick your optimism of fascism I'll stick to reality thank you

tapatalk post

Relax....this is about politics.

1. Here the song at issue:

"Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too"
"Imagine," by John Lennon

Yup....the universal anthem of Liberalism: "Imagine," by John Lennon.

2. No countries...the end of sovereignty.....only United Nations global government.
Unelected elites making the rules for all of us. Imagine.

a. ‘Global governance, the idea of all humankind united under one common political authority, has not existed so far in human history. This is not to say that it hasn’t been debated, called for, fought for…and as recently as the 20th century, enforced on large swaths of the planet….called communism.... data is available documenting the deleterious effects: responsible for over 100 million slaughtered. How to explain its endorsement by the Western elites? Simple: it is a religious belief called, among other things, Liberalism.
"Sovereignty or Submission: Will Americans Rule Themselves or be Ruled by Others?" by John Fonte

3. Imagaine....if there were no counties, it stands to reason, "Nothing to kill or die for."
I'm guessing that we could find a few things that people kill or die for in both the history of mankind and the penal code. Any disagree?

4. And, possibly the most invidious lie told, and believed by Liberals..."more have died because of religion...." Got that covered: " And no religion too" Imagine.
a. First World War (1914–18): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15 million
Russian Civil War (1917–22): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9 million
Soviet Union, Stalin’s regime (1924–53): . . . . . . . . . 20 million
Second World War (1937–45): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 55 million
Chinese Civil War (1945–49): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.5 million
People’s Republic of China, Mao Zedong’s
regime (1949–75): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 50 million
Korean War (1950–53): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.8 million
North Korea (1948 et seq.): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 million
Rwanda and Burundi (1959–95): . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.35 million
What was the religious basis for those? The only religion I see in there is the religion of Leftism.

5. And, of course, the attraction of Liberalism for many is no recriminations, no judgments about anyone....after all, each person is entitled to his or her personal morality...true? Got that covered, too:
"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us

Above us only sky"

6. And, if there is no societal morality, then " Imagine all the people
Living for today..." Yup...'do your own thing.'

7. But there is some good news.....

" Often as people mature they out-grow their naïve embrace of leftist ideology and begin to see things in their true light,...' John Lennon was a closet Republican, who felt a little embarrassed by his former radicalism, at the time of his death - according to the tragic Beatles star's last personal assistant.'

He says, "John, basically, made it very clear that if he were an American he would vote for Reagan because he was really sour on (Democrat) Jimmy Carter. By 1979 he looked back on that guy and was embarrassed by that guy's naiveté."(He wrote 'Imagine' in 1970).

This new revelation about the late rock & roll legend should give us all pause to reflect upon the hollow nature of liberalism. For those of us who have misguided friends, family and associates who continue to cling to the factually devoid ideology of the left, be patient yet unrelenting in exposing these lost souls to the truth and Imagine them discovering the world of reality."
Blog: Imagine John Lennon as a Republican

So.....perhaps there is hope?

Maybe?

a bit of a stretch, to say the least...

But of course, you are flatly wrong.

The song is absolutely NOT merely a retelling of or an endorsement of Buddhist beliefs.

Lol, it most definitely is a retelling of beliefs that are consistent with Buddhism. "Imagine” says that once we remove or do away with our divisions (no countries, no possessions, no greed), we would all live “as one” in harmony. Don't think there's any room for argument here.

Newsflash, to help you try to keep up. "No religion too" would INCLUDE Buddhism.

Buddhist beliefs do not demand or even call forr the disbelief of Buddhist beliefs.

How about I help you try and keep up, lol (looks like you need it).

Buddhism asks the practitioner to meditate and discover what are called “universal concepts” for him/herself. Buddha “owned” those concepts no more than a math teacher “owns” math. He was a simply a teacher (as opposed to Jesus who was a teacher but also actively asked his followers to worship him as God).

I never claimed that John Lennon was asking folks to "become Buddhists", I simply said that the ideas John Lennon covered in the song were extremely consistent with the teachings of Buddha and asked that since you guys hate this song do you ALSO hate Buddhism as well.

You should brush up on your spiritualism; there's a very interesting world out there!

^ :lmao:

Hoo'kay.

Yeah. Sure.

"Imagine" is a retelling of Buddhism.

:lmao:

So you're claiming that unequivocally this song is not of a spiritual nature and is instead strictly political? Is that right? Did you get a chance to talk to Lennon about this before he passed, lol? Well I claim that this song is spiritual and my opinion is as good as yours.

Also, are you claiming that "removing all divisions" is not a Buddhist principle? That - lol - would be quite a tough sell.

Do you do ANY research prior to spouting off?

{Lennon stated: "'Imagine', which says: 'Imagine that there was no more religion, no more country, no more politics,' is virtually the Communist manifesto, even though I'm not particularly a Communist and I do not belong to any movement."}

Imagine (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you're claiming that unequivocally this song is not of a spiritual nature and is instead strictly political? Is that right? Did you get a chance to talk to Lennon about this before he passed, lol? Well I claim that this song is spiritual and my opinion is as good as yours.

Also, are you claiming that "removing all divisions" is not a Buddhist principle? That - lol - would be quite a tough sell.

{Lennon stated: "'Imagine', which says: 'Imagine that there was no more religion, no more country, no more politics,' is virtually the Communist manifesto, even though I'm not particularly a Communist and I do not belong to any movement."}

A great big thank you to Uncensored who just DESTROYED the deniers!!

Great!!!!

Well why didn’t you just post that comment at the beginning? You could have saved us all some time, lol.

I stand by my opinion that Lennon wrote this song as a fantasy piece describing his idea of a "utopia" or paradise. You quoted it yourself; Lennon says explicitly that he’s not a communist, nor does he subscribe to any particular movement. "Imagine" is a tune that touches on some rather universal concepts of what a utopia (or “heaven on Earth”) would look like.

Wouldn’t a Christian consider “heaven” to be a place with no greed, no hunger, no nationalities, no possessions, and essentially “no religions” because there’s no longer a need for faith/questioning/or humanistic rituals? Wouldn’t we all be a part of a single brotherhood with no divisions, etc? Wouldn't there be nothing to kill or die for?

If a Christian said those things about Heaven - would you consider him/her to be a Communist? Probably not.

Again, I stand by my opinion that this song is meant to be a fantasy piece, and not to be taken literally as some blueprint on how to actually reorganize all of the world's governments.

Last edited:

Well why didn’t you just post that comment at the beginning? You could have saved us all some time, lol.

I stand by my opinion that Lennon wrote this song as a fantasy piece describing his idea of a "utopia" or paradise. You quoted it yourself; Lennon says explicitly that he’s not a communist, nor does he subscribe to any particular movement. "Imagine" is a tune that touches on some rather universal concepts of what a utopia (or “heaven on Earth”) would look like.

Wouldn’t a Christian consider “heaven” to be a place with no greed, no hunger, no nationalities, no possessions, and essentially “no religions” because there’s no longer a need for faith/questioning/or humanistic rituals? Wouldn’t we all be a part of a single brotherhood with no divisions, etc? Wouldn't there be nothing to kill or die for?

If a Christian said those things about Heaven - would you consider him/her to be a Communist? Probably not.

Again, I stand by my opinion that this song is meant to be a fantasy piece, and not to be taken literally as some blueprint on how to actually reorganize all of the world's governments.

Kev....you should have left your post with the first sentence alone.

Hey, I’m just saying you guys are putting this song in a box (ie by implying that Lennon wrote this to brainwash kids into becoming Russian Fascists) whereas I don’t think that was the intention by the writer.

Isn’t it a fair point that a Christian would describe “heaven” as a place with no greed, nothing to kill or die for, no nationalities, no hunger, and a “brotherhood of man”? I just don’t get why these concepts are so controversial when coming from the mouth of Lennon.

Last edited:

It's self-explanatory in the song.

The "utopia" is the Communism that Marx wrote of.

:dig:

Hey, I’m just saying you guys are putting this song in a box (ie by implying that Lennon wrote this to brainwash kids into becoming Russian Fascists) whereas I don’t think that was the intention by the writer.

Isn’t it a fair point that a Christian would describe “heaven” as a place with no greed, nothing to kill or die for, no nationalities, no hunger, and a “brotherhood of man”? I just don’t get why these concepts are so controversial when coming from the mouth of Lennon.

Lennon was a seriously fucked up dude. His moods were largely controlled by which drugs. and how much of them, he was on. On acid, he was just stupid; on meth, he got mean. On heroin he became the philosopher.

He wrote of the beauty of no possessions from his 5th Ave. Penthouse. And Lennon had a deep contempt for religion, ALL religion, including Buddhism. In fact, save for Hinduism, due to that fraud, the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Buddhism was top of his list for contempt. To believe that Lennon wrote anything positive about Buddhism post 1968 is absurd. Eastern religion burned him, and he had a deep-seated and public hatred of it.

{To a sneering John Lennon, he was a money-grubbing, sex-obsessed fraud who cynically abused his influence over The Beatles and many other awed celebrities who worshipped, cross-legged, at his painted feet during the Flower Power era.}

Lennon was right. The Giggling Guru was a shameless old fraud | Mail Online

The issue here Kevin, is that you really don't know anything about John Lennon.

Good example of why wikipedia isn't considered a good source of information. The quote is incomplete and being taken out of context. Lennon was responding to a question in such a way as to mean the song could be interpreted that way if the listener so desired and admiting that it could be interpreted the way being implied by the interviewer. He didn't imply that it was his meaning or meant to be his meaning. He was actually mocking the interviewer in a polite way.

Lennon was a seriously fucked up dude. His moods were largely controlled by which drugs. and how much of them, he was on. On acid, he was just stupid; on meth, he got mean. On heroin he became the philosopher.

He wrote of the beauty of no possessions from his 5th Ave. Penthouse. And Lennon had a deep contempt for religion, ALL religion, including Buddhism. In fact, save for Hinduism, due to that fraud, the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Buddhism was top of his list for contempt. To believe that Lennon wrote anything positive about Buddhism post 1968 is absurd. Eastern religion burned him, and he had a deep-seated and public hatred of it.

{To a sneering John Lennon, he was a money-grubbing, sex-obsessed fraud who cynically abused his influence over The Beatles and many other awed celebrities who worshipped, cross-legged, at his painted feet during the Flower Power era.}

Lennon was right. The Giggling Guru was a shameless old fraud | Mail Online

The issue here Kevin, is that you really don't know anything about John Lennon.

Hey, I'm not discounting all you say and certainly here for an open debate. But, for "shits and giggles" - if a Christian were to describe "heaven" to you (ie an idealized paradise), would it be outrageous to assume it might be a place:

Where there's nothing to kill or die for
No greed
No hunger
No countries
No governments
No religion (as in no conflicting faiths, people KNOW for certain there is a God as we know there's a Sun that the Earth circles about)

Couldn't that fit the description of a heaven?

Last edited:

Anyone who researches what inspired Lennon and his inspiration for Imagine beyond wikipedia will discover he claimed two sources for his inspiration. One was a poem by his wife Yoko, the other was a Christian prayer book they kept and used in their home. Lennon had professed to be an athiest in his twenties, but he had grown up as a Christian and even learned to sing as a choirboy. While he didn't profess to actually return to the religion in a formal way, he did admit that he had been reexamining the words of Jesus.

Anyone who researches what inspired Lennon and his inspiration for Imagine beyond wikipedia will discover he claimed two sources for his inspiration. One was a poem by his wife Yoko, the other was a Christian prayer book they kept and used in their home. Lennon had professed to be an athiest in his twenties, but he had grown up as a Christian and even learned to sing as a choirboy. While he didn't profess to actually return to the religion in a formal way, he did admit that he had been reexamining the words of Jesus.

The bullshit you people come up with is just amazing.

The bullshit you people come up with is just amazing.

"You don't need the package. Just as you don't need the Cristian package or the Marxist package to get the message.
People always got the image I was anti-Christ. I am not. I'm a most religious fellow. I was brought up a Christian and I only now understand some of the things Christ was saying in those parables." John Lennon Playboy interview Sept. 8-Sept. 28, 1980 Published Jan. 1981

Check it out. It's easy if you try.

Forum List

Back