The Mormonizing Of America

percysunshine hit the mark: the LDS are the original community organizers except the Puritans maybe.

Rik is having a mini seizure.

From RGS:
We have the Book of Mormon. And the Church is led by a Prophet of God.
You mean the one that said that there are men living on the moon? Or the one that said Men are living on the Sun?

You believe Blacks are "Cursed"?

You believe the "Apostles" (Top 12) are actual Prophets and that they are more important than other Temple Goers?

Mormons believe ALL THAT!

You better repent RGS!

"You believe Blacks are "Cursed"?"

No longer part of Church doctrine.

C'mon, an atheist can at least justify the study of Christianity or Islam by their profound influence on history for millennia. Mormonism? Maybe to reinforce the lesson that religion can instill belief in the silliest of stories imaginable. Some of their stuff is downright weird, weirder than talking snakes or zombies rising from their graves on the crucifixion of the Christ. Did someone mention Southpark?

Even Christians scratch their heads in wonder at how gullible people can be. And if you don't believe Mormonism was born as a cult led by Joseph Smith then just maybe you are biased (a Mormon yourself) or don't have a grasp on what constitutes a cult. I wouldn't argue too much with someone who said all "religions" start as cults but man, Mormonism is a cult on steroids.

Mormonism is one religion I see little to no value in attempting to experience. Nothing about it interests me except for maybe polygamy, but I do not need Mormonism to practice polygamous relationships.

So why even bother with it.​

No mainstream religions practice polygamy. Polygany on the other hand. :)

Mormons usually remind me of those people in the Fallout games who spend their whole lives locked up in a Vault.

From RGS:
We have the Book of Mormon. And the Church is led by a Prophet of God.
You mean the one that said that there are men living on the moon? Or the one that said Men are living on the Sun?

You believe Blacks are "Cursed"?

You believe the "Apostles" (Top 12) are actual Prophets and that they are more important than other Temple Goers?

Mormons believe ALL THAT!

You better repent RGS!

"You believe Blacks are "Cursed"?"

No longer part of Church doctrine.

So, they're having to remove parts of their doctrine to make it more socially acceptable?

Yup. Look it up.

Did the atheists ever admit to murdering 100 million people in the 20th century?

Careful where you throw stones.

Yup. Look it up.

Did the atheists ever admit to murdering 100 million people in the 20th century?

Careful where you throw stones.

Oh, so now we're talking politics? Would it be fair to bring up the Christian George W Bush? He illegally invaded Iraq, killing over 100 thousand innocent Iraqi's. Atheists do not belong to any one political group, or any religious group for that matter.

You brought up mass murder, Carla, in a religious context, so I expanded it to atheist believers and mass murderers.

You have been taught on the Board that you can't have it both ways without being called out for it.

The Mormonizing of America Stephen Mansfield

It's an older article but I saw it last night and it's good. And I figured it would be a good balance to that other thread.

How about if you tell us a little about the Mormon doctrine. I'm just reading up on this, so tell me if the below is correct.

Lehi is the first Mormon to arrive in America. He lived in Jerusalem in 600 BC. They were all evil in Jerusalem, every single one of them, man, woman, child, and fetuses, so God put him on a boat and lead him to America. That's right, in 600 BC....in a boat.

Is that correct?
Lehi, his sons and their families and another man and his sons and their families were guided through the wilderness to a far off coast and there taught how to construct a vessel to cross the sea. and yes they arrived it what would become the America's

That's pretty amazing for 600 bc, is it not? If everyone in Jerusalem was evil...just bad to the bone, every single one of them, when did they become good people?

The Mormonizing of America Stephen Mansfield

It's an older article but I saw it last night and it's good. And I figured it would be a good balance to that other thread.

How about if you tell us a little about the Mormon doctrine. I'm just reading up on this, so tell me if the below is correct.

Lehi is the first Mormon to arrive in America. He lived in Jerusalem in 600 BC. They were all evil in Jerusalem, every single one of them, man, woman, child, and fetuses, so God put him on a boat and lead him to America. That's right, in 600 BC....in a boat.

Is that correct?
Lehi, his sons and their families and another man and his sons and their families were guided through the wilderness to a far off coast and there taught how to construct a vessel to cross the sea. and yes they arrived it what would become the America's

That's pretty amazing for 600 bc, is it not? If everyone in Jerusalem was evil...just bad to the bone, every single one of them, when did they become good people?

Silly comment, girl. Try to point out something significant.

Forum List

Back