The Mormonizing Of America

Mormonism is one religion I see little to no value in attempting to experience. Nothing about it interests me except for maybe polygamy, but I do not need Mormonism to practice polygamous relationships.

So why even bother with it.​

Mormons are not any weirder than you, goddess. Some nice ones, some doofus ones, some mean ones, just like most groupings.

Mormons are not any weirder than you, goddess. Some nice ones, some doofus ones, some mean ones, just like most groupings.

What are some things unique to Mormonism that I would not learn from other religions?
Well, it does have a different take on historical events.........

I am referring to lessons, wisdom, rituals, traditions, but if their take on history is part of that, so be it. Lets hear something. What precious culture can be learnt in Mormonism that can not already be learnt in Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, and Islam?

For example, Judaism has the Kabbalah, and outside of it there is great deal of culture and tradition in Judaism, some of which was absorbed from other ancient religions, but still, much of it is seemingly unique to the Jews today. Christianity stresses the importance of Jesus Christ and have developed rituals around him, and their entire belief system revolves around Jesus and accepting Him as your Lord and Savior. Catholics also have a great deal of rituals, traditions, and culture, hell, they even got fucking exorcisms (Sumerians beat them to it), and they got the Pope and the Vatican. Islam... well, I have more to learn about Islam, but they got the prophet Muhammed, Mecca, and fucking Jihad.

Is there anything important or epic that the branch of Mormonism contributes to the great tree of Godly religions?

What are some things unique to Mormonism that I would not learn from other religions?

I am referring to lessons, wisdom, rituals, traditions, but if their take on history is part of that, so be it. Lets hear something. What precious culture can be learnt in Mormonism that can not already be learnt in Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, and Islam?

For example, Judaism has the Kabbalah, and outside of it there is great deal of culture and tradition in Judaism, some of which was absorbed from other ancient religions, but still, much of it is seemingly unique to the Jews today. Christianity stresses the importance of Jesus Christ and have developed rituals around him, and their entire belief system revolves around Jesus and accepting Him as your Lord and Savior. Catholics also have a great deal of rituals, traditions, and culture, hell, they even got fucking exorcisms (Sumerians beat them to it), and they got the Pope and the Vatican. Islam... well, I have more to learn about Islam, but they got the prophet Muhammed, Mecca, and fucking Jihad.

Is there anything important or epic that the branch of Mormonism contributes to the great tree of Godly religions?

Give it time--it might.

Remember, Mormonism is a new born compared to the other religions. I am sure if it survives a millennium, it, too, will have its perks and detractions just like the others.

We have the Book of Mormon. And the Church is led by a Prophet of God.

The $1,000,000 question is whether the spectacular results which arise from Mormonism's rise are a result of doctrine or does the doctrine attract the kind of people who would be successful regardless of whether they joined or not?

what does Mormonism offer that other religions dont?

the power of God in it's fulness.

it has the power to make bad men good and good men better.

it gas the keys of the kingdom. To godliness, exaltation and eternal life.

in other words it has everything good

From RGS:
We have the Book of Mormon. And the Church is led by a Prophet of God.
You mean the one that said that there are men living on the moon? Or the one that said Men are living on the Sun?

You believe Blacks are "Cursed"?

You believe the "Apostles" (Top 12) are actual Prophets and that they are more important than other Temple Goers?

Mormons believe ALL THAT!

You better repent RGS!

="RetiredGySgt, post: 9823889, member: 5176"][We have the Book of Mormon. And the Church is led by a Prophet of God.
You mean the one that said that there are men living on the moon? Or the one that said Men are living on the Sun?

You believe Blacks are "Cursed"?

You believe the "Apostles" (Top 12) are actual Prophets and that they are more important than other Temple Goers?

Mormons believe ALL THAT!

You better repent RGS!
[/QUOTE]
There was a revelation long ago that removed the stint on Black people. As for the rest you can believe what ever you want, doesn't make it true.

When Brigham Young said the Sun and Moon were inhabited was that just a Revelation or was it Prophesy?

Careful now, don't wanna' risk your becoming a God in the afterlife!

When Brigham Young said the Sun and Moon were inhabited was that just a Revelation or was it Prophesy?

Careful now, don't wanna' risk your becoming a God in the afterlife!

Christian religion: Jesus died and was reborn. Jesus turned water into wine.
Liberal Religion: Diversity is our strength. Race is only a social construction.

Believing in things that are just no so is not a hallmark only of Mormonism. Liberals believe in their religious nonsense, Christians believe in theirs, Jews believe in their nonsense.

Why not instead look at how the black box of religious belief results in social metrics. Salt Lake City has one of the highest levels of social mobility in the nation, that is some of the greatest movement up and down the income ladder. If you are born poor in SLC you have a far better chance moving up through the income quintiles than you would in Seattle or Los Angeles or Boston, all cities run by liberals.

Mormons families are more stable, less plagued by alcoholism and divorce, they have more children, they're more middle class, they have lower rates of single motherhood, drug abuse, etc. These are actual life influencing consequences, so why put emphasis on the beliefs if the beliefs produce these results?

The Mormonizing of America Stephen Mansfield

It's an older article but I saw it last night and it's good. And I figured it would be a good balance to that other thread.

How about if you tell us a little about the Mormon doctrine. I'm just reading up on this, so tell me if the below is correct.

Lehi is the first Mormon to arrive in America. He lived in Jerusalem in 600 BC. They were all evil in Jerusalem, every single one of them, man, woman, child, and fetuses, so God put him on a boat and lead him to America. That's right, in 600 BC....in a boat.

Is that correct?

The Mormonizing of America Stephen Mansfield

It's an older article but I saw it last night and it's good. And I figured it would be a good balance to that other thread.

How about if you tell us a little about the Mormon doctrine. I'm just reading up on this, so tell me if the below is correct.

Lehi is the first Mormon to arrive in America. He lived in Jerusalem in 600 BC. They were all evil in Jerusalem, every single one of them, man, woman, child, and fetuses, so God put him on a boat and lead him to America. That's right, in 600 BC....in a boat.

Is that correct?
-Help single mothers with welfare and this won't incentivize out of wedlock birth.
-Help children with Head Start and you will improve their performance as students later in life.
-Multiculturalism is good for society.
-Higher tax rates increase tax revenue/gdp in an economy.
-A woman should focus on establishing herself in a career before she seeks out a mate and starts a family.
-Race is only a social construction.

All religions have their stupid beliefs.

Forum List

Back