The Milgram Experiment..The Power of Authority

I have no doubt that if I was asked to zap somebody I would have refused.

I just think it was a twisted thing to do in the first place.

and most everyone who zapped somebody would've said what you just did before it all took place.

plus, pay attention. it wasn't the zapping that horrifies those that actually read about the study and comprehend what they read. What is at issue is the increasing the zap after the cries.

remember: the participants were all volunteers. everything started off pretty tame. sort of like your ignorance

Why were those who challenged authority in the minority? So entrenched is obedience it may void personal codes of conduct.
Almost everyone did challenge authority. And many went on and "shocked" the dude anyway. btw, there were no real shocks. The guy was an actor.

Pretty cool though that no one on this thread questioned the experts.

:lol:

had to be egregious.

Yah well let me tell you about one of my egregious crimes.

I don't believe in heterogenious classroom placements.

That, coupled with my rather long explaination about why I think the idea is absurd was enough to keep me from getting my contract renewed.

The "liberals" thought I'd betrayed them.

The majority of German's just kept their mouths shut and looked the other way out of fear they would be next. I know for a family member lived it.

The majority of German's just kept their mouths shut and looked the other way out of fear they would be next. I know for a family member lived it.
Yeah, I'd say it has less to do with not questioning authority and more to do with fear. Or the belief that what you are ordered to do is the correct thing to do. Though there are also those that just go along because they couldn't be bothered.

This is kind of a useless study...it doesn't prove anything that isn't already basically known.

Yah well let me tell you about one of my egregious crimes.

I don't believe in heterogenious[sic] classroom placements.

That, coupled with my rather long explaination[sic] about why I think the idea is absurd was enough to keep me from getting my contract renewed.

The "liberals" thought I'd betrayed them.
no contract? no job.

sigh

they weren't liberals they were progressives. and btw, why were you concerned with classroom replacements if that wasn't in your job description? just asking.

Originally Posted by YWN666 View Post
I remember studying this experiment in my college days. Amazing that some people can so easily be lead to harm others.

Me too. I remember wondering at the time...and who the hell forced this guy to come up with such a sick experiment? How did he determine it was okay to go to such drastic lengths in order to prove something? Did the end justify the means of his experiment? I think not.

Drastic lengths? No one was actually hurt in the experiment. The subjects thought they were harming others but they really were not.

Yeah, I'd say it has less to do with not questioning authority and more to do with fear. Or the belief that what you are ordered to do is the correct thing to do. Though there are also those that just go along because they couldn't be bothered.

This is kind of a useless study...it doesn't prove anything that isn't already basically known.

what it proves is most people are full of shit when they say they would not do what they think is supposed to be bad when told to do so by authority figures,

and it was hate in Germany along with fear,. Hate of Jews, hate of the Brits and French who kicked their fukin' Germoronic asses in in WWI.

Last edited:
Well it was fear but it was also survival in their minds. I've asked questions to my family member about this topic and it was very hard for her to talk about it because she still has loads of guilt. She was only 13 when Hitler died and yet you would think that she committed the crimes. She was a Nazi and still have some thought processes of a Nazi but she doesn't see it or aware of it. The doctrinarian of Children was the key and it was done to perfection!

This is why I think it is dangerous for our Government to be so entrenched in our schools. The Marxist, radical progressives understood this was the key to change America and it started years ago. You can see examples through the years all over the place.

Can we see another Hitler in our day? Well to a certain degree YES! I do not think we would see concentration camps like before however the control of people without a doubt.

This family member who has been so liberal in her thinking throughout her life actually said to me that Obama scares the shit out of her because he resembles Hitler to her.

Go figure!

Well it was fear but it was also survival in their minds. I've asked questions to my family member about this topic and it was very hard for her to talk about it because she still has loads of guilt. She was only 13 when Hitler died and yet you would think that she committed the crimes. She was a Nazi and still have some thought processes of a Nazi but she doesn't see it or aware of it. The doctrinarian of Children was the key and it was done to perfection!

This is why I think it is dangerous for our Government to be so entrenched in our schools. The Marxist, radical progressives understood this was the key to change America and it started years ago. You can see examples through the years all over the place.
It wasn't government in the schools, it was ideological hyper-patriotism.

and your marxist blah, blah, blah, is so out of touch with today's reality as to be not very funny.

Can we see another Hitler in our day? Well to a certain degree YES! I do not think we would see concentration camps like before however the control of people without a doubt.

This family member who has been so liberal in her thinking throughout her life actually said to me that Obama scares the shit out of her because he resembles Hitler to her.

Go figure!

yawn

Go ahead and Yawn, by the time the light of day is upon you, it will be too late.

those were the days (sighing nostalgically)

you could perform an experiment without caring about the well being of the subjects and the results were more telling than today's namby pamby psych experiments where you have to worry about everyone's "feelings"

I guess is what I'm trying to say is the Progressives have taken some tactic's the Nazi used and redesigned them to fit their agenda of "Change"

Edit to add: Sorry this went off topic. I will refrain and not hijack the thread.

Last edited:
Like Bush and Clinton, Obama is a likable guy who is being attacked as some sort of super duper enemy. WTF, do most of you people live in world's where super heroes and villains are real?

fuk!!!

rainpiss.jpg

Go ahead and Yawn, by the time the light of day is upon you, it will be too late.

Forum List

Back