Should Non-Christians Get Christmas Off?

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
I'm sure this has been asked before but... Should non-Christians get December 25th off or should they have to work?

In my opinion if you are one of the activists or people complaining about a Christmas tree or a cross then you should not get the day off...

Funny how some of these people sure do hate Christianity but they don't have a problem celebrating Christmas... LOL

Yeah they should get the day off. If they didn't get the day off we would have a lot of one week converts.

I actually agree but the problem is there aren't as many non-christians as christians which would mean that someone would have to give up Christmas in order to supervise these non christians if they weren't management.

I do laugh at people who bitch and complain about things but then don't see the hypocrisy in their enjoyment and benefit regarding the things they are bitching about.

it is a National Holiday....OF COURSE they should get the day off or Holiday pay if they work it, like everyone else in our Nation!

it is a National Holiday....OF COURSE they should get the day off or Holiday pay if they work it, like everyone else in our Nation!

Christmas is a religious holiday though...

I always wanted to be able to take Kwanza, Hannaka and the Chinese new year off even though I don't practice them....so far no luck. :lol:

Christmas is a religious holiday though...

I always wanted to be able to take Kwanza, Hannaka and the Chinese new year off even though I don't practice them....so far no luck. :lol:

it is a federal holiday as with other federal holidays, in all states it is also a state holiday and each state has pay requirements for them for private businesses to follow...

i mispoke with national holiday, because that would mean all businesses would be required to close, but they are not....

private businesses have to follow state regulations pertaining to their State holidays as far as pay, on that day.....

if the business closes for the day then all workers are off, if it is opened that day....then these private businesses can work anyone they like this day, if all budhists then fine, if all muslim then fine, if all christian then fine, they just need to follow the state holiday pay guidelines.

all government offices are closed.

at least this is how i understand it to be....

I'm sure this has been asked before but... Should non-Christians get December 25th off or should they have to work?

In my opinion if you are one of the activists or people complaining about a Christmas tree or a cross then you should not get the day off...

Funny how some of these people sure do hate Christianity but they don't have a problem celebrating Christmas... LOL

May as well ask why non-Christians get Sunday off too ! :lol:

If you have a federal or state holiday, and then say certain people can't make use of the time off due to their religious views (or lack thereof) then you have huge Constitutional problems. You are discriminating against people solely on the basis of religious viewpoint. Therefore, once you enshrine the holiday in state or federal law, you have to allow everyone to avail themselves of it equally, whether they are religious or not.

I invite some dogma junkies to invoke the idea that non-christians should not get off of work for xmas... So, when we strip xmas from the list of national holidays that only xtians observe they will have made their own weepy little beds to lay on.

Christmas is a paid holiday. I'll gladly work christmas if they give me another day off.
The fact that christmas is a holiday is probably an economic one. Since there are so many christians who would take the day off anyway and would not be patronizing any businesses, it makes no sense for a business to stay open.

Last edited:
gee being the pagan bitch i am...i normally work christmas so the christians can have the day off....we are such a thoughtless bunch arent we?

It should be up to their employer.

and you are an example of what..christian compassion or christian tolerance?

gee being the pagan bitch i am...i normally work christmas so the christians can have the day off....we are such a thoughtless bunch arent we?

The joke is on them because I'd be paid double time for working that day.

I'm in the healthcare industry and many non-Christians do work on Christmas. Many Christians do too. They rotate holidays.

I worked THanksgiving and Christmas for years. Anyone who's worked shift work (or had a trial to deal with around the holidays) has worked.

Of course everyone should get Christmas off. It's a Federal holiday. I'm all for more federal holidays. I think we should declare Ramadan (is that right?) a federal holiday, and provide a federal holiday for every Hindu god or goddess including the rat one.

Everyone should get to declare their own birthday a federal holiday as well. If it falls on a weekend, they should be able to choose whether to take the Friday before or the Monday after off.

We should have a tire changing (as in from regular to studs) federal holiday..and possible a tire changing (as in fixing a flat) federal holiday.

As it is, I get the usual federal holidays off....which include Christmas and THanksgiving, but I have to work the days around them, very sad. However we have a "Governor's day" which is a sort of floater day off that we can choose to use on the day before or after either of those holidays.

Oh, and I have bouqois (pardon the spelling, I never get it right, I should just spell it phonetically and say screw it) vacation which I never use. 3 weeks of federal holiday, and more piling up....

Yes, it's a FEDERAL holiday.

And for years now there has been an organization of non-Christians that volunteer to work for Christians on Christmas in jobs like nursing and the like. IMO, those non-Christians are more Christian like than some of the Christians I know.

How strange I've never heard of them. NObody ever volunteered to work Christmas for me. To think all those years I could have actually celebrated by spending the entire day with my family because there are all these Christian-like non-Christians going around doing nice things for Christians who don't deserve it...

How strange I've never heard of them. NObody ever volunteered to work Christmas for me. To think all those years I could have actually celebrated by spending the entire day with my family because there are all these Christian-like non-Christians going around doing nice things for Christians who don't deserve it...

Ummm, I'm a Christian. I didn't say no Christians deserved the day off, I said the people who volunteer to work that day are more Christian like than some of the "Christians" I know. Trust me, I've met some bad Christians. Some great ones too. Truth is that you will find good and bad everywhere. I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I hate all Christians.

Its a federal holiday so they answer is yes, Christmas isn't even really a "Christian" holiday anways, its a knock European pagan holiday created by fanatical so called "Christians".

Forum List

Back