Abortion providers as Nuremburg Defendants

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
If abortion becomes illegal, will ex-providers be like Nuremburg Defendants?

Years ago I went to a “pro life” meeting. I don’t recall the official name of the organization. By the way, I think that abortion should be allowed under certain circumstances. I was a visitor. I like to try to really understand the view points of other people.

I talked one-on-one with one of the gust speakers – to try to understand his perspective of the issue of Abortion. I asked him what he wanted to see in America. He advocated outlawing abortion and prosecuting those who had provided for abortions even when it was legal for providers to have done so. I asked him how he reasoned that doing so was just. I asked him about the phrase “ex post facto”. He explained that he knew the legal principal and then asked me if I knew about the “Nuremburg trials”. He said that Nazis were punished after the war for executing Jews, a practice that was legal and the Nazis were following orders.

He explained that some things are so evil and heinous to human psyche that the world, so to speak, is justified in punishing those who commit such atrocities even though it was legal to commit such wrongs when they were done.

Any comments?

Years ago I went to a “pro life” meeting. I don’t recall the official name of the organization. By the way, I think that abortion should be allowed under certain circumstances. I was a visitor. I like to try to really understand the view points of other people.

I talked one-on-one with one of the gust speakers – to try to understand his perspective of the issue of Abortion. I asked him what he wanted to see in America. He advocated outlawing abortion and prosecuting those who had provided for abortions even when it was legal for providers to have done so. I asked him how he reasoned that doing so was just. I asked him about the phrase “ex post facto”. He explained that he knew the legal principal and then asked me if I knew about the “Nuremburg trials”. He said that Nazis were punished after the war for executing Jews, a practice that was legal and the Nazis were following orders.

He explained that some things are so evil and heinous to human psyche that the world, so to speak, is justified in punishing those who commit such atrocities even though it was legal to commit such wrongs when they were done.

Any comments?

I wonder why he was only for prosecuting doctors, why not those seeking abortions as well. Wouldn't they be accessories to murder, in the very least?
My opinion is that this guy is mentally ill whatever his reasoning is. Probably one step away from taking the law into his own hands and doing the "will of God".
He has a right to express his opinions but I would hope people are keeping an eye on him.
Doctors who continue to provide abortions in these scary times deserve some kind of medal, IMO. If humankind does succeed in surviving the threat over population poses for our species, I think they and those who choose not to add to the problem will be recognized as having made sacrifices and wise choices for the greater good of the planet and our species.

perhaps..as long as the killing stopped I would leave the guilt and sentence or reprieve for these past acts of these doctors and patients for god to judge

Doesn't god judge everyone? If I was god, I would be very disappointed with those who invoked my name in defense of their very selfish and perverted will to turn women into breeding stock.

Funny thing is that men think like breeding stock.

I always imagine Sunni with a ring through his nose.
bull_nose_mid.jpg

Last edited:

Any comments?

It makes sense if you believe abortion is murder. If you don't, it doesn't make sense.

What I'm more interested in is what will happen when medical science progresses to the point when a fetus because viable at, say, 8 weeks? Will the courts allow the woman to end the life of her baby at that time or will they demand that she give up the baby to some type of incubator so that it can be adopted at a later date?

[
QUOTE=Anguille;914921]I wonder why he was only for prosecuting doctors, why not those seeking abortions as well. Wouldn't they be accessories to murder, in the very least?
My opinion is that this guy is mentally ill whatever his reasoning is. Probably one step away from taking the law into his own hands and doing the "will of God".
He has a right to express his opinions but I would hope people are keeping an eye on him.

if you oppose abortion your a danger and need to be watched...liberal fascism

Doctors who continue to provide abortions in these scary times deserve some kind of medal, IMO. If humankind does succeed in surviving the threat over population poses for our species, I think they and those who choose not to add to the problem will be recognized as having made sacrifices and wise choices for the greater good of the planet and our species.
[/QUOTE]

you mean child sacrifice for the good of all like satanist...or the Mayans did ?

If abortion is made illegal, then would miscarriages prompt a police investigation?

if you oppose abortion your a danger and need to be watched...liberal fascism

If you advocate violence against against medical professionals performing legal procedures you need to be watched.
If you twist words of fellow posters rather than discuss the issues with honesty you should just be ignored, attention paid to you aborted, so to speak. Because there are plenty of posters here interested in meaningful debate, on all sides of the issue.

you mean child sacrifice for the good of all like satanist...or the Mayans did ?

Abortion is not child sacrifice. It's not a religious act. The Greeks regularly performed infanticide by abandoning infants on mountain sides. They did not have recourse to modern abortion drugs and techniques that prevent cells or a fetus from developing into a child. That was also not a religious act.
Nowadays, those young girls whose parents denounce abortion and teenage sex, go into denial that they are pregnant (or are perhaps ignorant of the causes and signs of pregnancy since they have been kept in the dark by parents and school systems that won't teach sex education). When they give birth in some public restroom somewhere, they abandon the infant there or in some dumpster nearby because they've never been taught respect for human life.
Denying education and choice to young girls is a religious act on par with those who used them for sacrifices to their gods. In a way it is more sinister because it deludes young women into sacrificing themselves.
There are also some who believe their god wants them to protect men and women from the tyranny of the anti-choice, anti freedom movement. That is about as close to associating abortion with a religious act as can be done.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back