The main message of christianity?

And yet so-called Christians don’t follow any of that.

Are all Christians "so-called Christians" or just some?

Perfection is not reached in an instant. Perhaps have a little empathy and kindness of people on their journey. We cannot truly know the troubles, trials, and tribulations of others--even those close to us.
That would be some. Not all.

I am not talking about imperfection. I am talking about evil.

For example. A real Christian wouldn’t support separating parents from children.

A real Christian wouldn’t support discrimination against other human beings.

A christian pretty much discriminates different lifestyles etc. and different believes, and many more. For example its stated in the bible "whoever denies that jesus is the christ is the satan" so actually i discriminate against everyone who is not christian to begin with. Also with forms of sexuality its true too. For example a man sleeps with a girl but has a wife etc. the infidelity etc.

First, we have to clarify that "Christianity" as it is seen in the world today must be distinguished from the expressions of Jesus himself.
So, if we can agree on the question being 'what is the main message of Jesus', allow me to offer that the single biggest message is that a person has and is responsible for a direct connection with the 'Creator'. There is no intercessor, no book, saint, holy person or other necessity than the access to 'The One' provided in Jesus. Everyone is free and bears his/her responsibility for life. This direct connection is available to all at any time.
Whether or not one is a 'Christian' or believes in Jesus, this is the message of the teachings represented in his words as they have come down to us.

I think a key message was that we can change (i.e. repent).

The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

Homilies of Father Paul Yi: Fr. Cedric Pisegna Mission 2nd Night: Sept. 28, 2015

The main message of Christianity is one of fear. Fear god and obey him (it's a guy), and pay up, or you're going to a very nasty place.

For example. A real Christian wouldn’t support separating parents from children.

A real parent would not choose to walk into a situation that would separate them from their children.

Many parents, when learning that crossing illegally means separating them from their children, choose to return, with their children across the border in which they crossed illegally. Others, once reaching a country like Mexico where they are safe, then, family intact, choose to enter into the U.S. asylum process from a legal vantage point. Others choose to bring their children illegally across the border, but have family here that U.S. officials can place their children with until they (the parents) have their time in court. Parents who have no one to care for their children can rely on the U.S. government to take care of their children while they have their day in court over illegally crossing a border into another country.

Let's call on the parents to be real parents--not "so-called parents."

Plus, you do realize that some illegals pay to use children who are not their own in order to get preferential treatment? We need to secure the border. We need for people who wish to enter the country to follow the process of legal immigration. If that process needs to be stream-lined, then our government should do that.

Number one sign someone is running a con: They go straight for the heart strings. Unfortunately, a good part of illegal immigration are people running a con. This does a huge disservice to people in legitimate need. Those are the people we all want to help, as quickly as possible--something that cannot be done when it is also part of the job weeding out the others. I recommend reading and studying the whole situation, We have to get a handle on ALL of it, not just the separation of families--which by the way, I find abhorrent. So abhorrent that as a parent I would NEVER do ANYTHING that could put my own children in that situation.

The main message of Christianity is one of fear. Fear god and obey him (it's a guy), and pay up, or you're going to a very nasty place.
Karl Marx had this exact same argument against religion.

Come out come out come out Virginia don't let 'em wait
You Catholic girls start much too late
Oh sooner or later it comes down to faith
Oh I might as well be the one
You know that only the good die young

A real parent would not choose to walk into a situation that would separate them from their children.

Many parents, when learning that crossing illegally means separating them from their children, choose to return, with their children across the border in which they crossed illegally. Others, once reaching a country like Mexico where they are safe, then, family intact, choose to enter into the U.S. asylum process from a legal vantage point. Others choose to bring their children illegally across the border, but have family here that U.S. officials can place their children with until they (the parents) have their time in court. Parents who have no one to care for their children can rely on the U.S. government to take care of their children while they have their day in court over illegally crossing a border into another country.

Let's call on the parents to be real parents--not "so-called parents."

Plus, you do realize that some illegals pay to use children who are not their own in order to get preferential treatment? We need to secure the border. We need for people who wish to enter the country to follow the process of legal immigration. If that process needs to be stream-lined, then our government should do that.

Number one sign someone is running a con: They go straight for the heart strings. Unfortunately, a good part of illegal immigration are people running a con. This does a huge disservice to people in legitimate need. Those are the people we all want to help, as quickly as possible--something that cannot be done when it is also part of the job weeding out the others. I recommend reading and studying the whole situation, We have to get a handle on ALL of it, not just the separation of families--which by the way, I find abhorrent. So abhorrent that as a parent I would NEVER do ANYTHING that could put my own children in that situation.

Per your last sentence. Many of those parents are fleeing truly horrific situations that endanger their children and governments that are incapable of or unwilling to address. As a parent would you leave your children in that situation or do whatever you could to get them in to a safer place?

We can get a handle on the whole situation without this horrible policy or denigrating the parents as not “real parents” because they have to make difficult decisions that we will never have to face.

Per your last sentence. Many of those parents are fleeing truly horrific situations that endanger their children and governments that are incapable of or unwilling to address. As a parent would you leave your children in that situation or do whatever you could to get them in to a safer place?

We can get a handle on the whole situation without this horrible policy or denigrating the parents as not “real parents” because they have to make difficult decisions that we will never have to face.

Truly, I don't forget that, which is why I want the border secured and a simpler way of legal entry. For those who choose illegal entry, not to play us, but because they are truly desperate, are assured that when they choose illegal entry, their children will be cared for. Separated, yet cared for, is greatly preferable to a dead child. I totally get that. I would choose that myself--but only if forced.

I also get being played (comes with teaching Middle School) ;) Con artists are experts at distracting with tugs of the heartstrings so that they can get rich or more powerful from duping their sometimes all too willing dupes. People who could enter legally are using children (often not their own) to try to slip in illegally. Some are involved in human/child trafficking. We owe these children just as much as we owe the children who are temporarily separated because of choices their parents either opted to make--or, in some cases--were forced to make. Statistics bear out that eighty percent fall into the first category. They need to step out of the way--or be swept out of the way--so that we can get to that twenty percent who desperately need help, who are not playing the system. These are the ones we cannot let fall through the cracks due to the greed of others.

And yet so-called Christians don’t follow any of that.

Are all Christians "so-called Christians" or just some?

Perfection is not reached in an instant. Perhaps have a little empathy and kindness of people on their journey. We cannot truly know the troubles, trials, and tribulations of others--even those close to us.
That would be some. Not all.

I am not talking about imperfection. I am talking about evil.

A real Christian wouldn’t support discrimination against other human beings.

Parents are separated from children for violating the law everyday and have been since the courts were created. We have a department in every county and city in America dedicated to taking children from parents who can’t take care of them. So please stop with the lies that you have any problem with the government taking children from their families.

If you have a problem with any aspect of the the specific policy state the reason. But please don’t insult are intelligence and lie by saying you are outraged that parents are separated from their children by the government when you don’t actually have a problem with that

I had discussion with this one girl (she is nice) but said the main message of jesus contradicts "condemning" faggs or sexual deviants and that we cannot "judge" and that the main message is love thy neighbour and homosexuality is not a sin

I replied

No, one may condemn others if they do something wrong. You do not have to tolerate everything, nobody does, you do not have to do everything and even should not tolerate everything. In the Bible, anyone who opposes the laws of God is warned a few times and punished.

1.Corinthians

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.
[a]

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”And the main message doesnt contradict condemning sexual immorality or sins

The main message is indeed love thy neighbour as yourself and love thy Lord with all your heart But who loves his son chastise him

Proverbs 13:24 English Standard Version (ESV)
24 Whoever spares the rod hates his son,
but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.[a]

Proverbs 3:12 English Standard Version (ESV)
12 for the Lord reproves him whom he loves,
as a father the son in whom he delights.Also its clear homosexuality is a sin not only in the old testament (leviticus) but also in the new (romans)

Romans
God's Wrath on Unrighteousness
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
The main message is so simple few seem to grasp it: love God with all your heart and love your neighbor like you would yourself.

That is it.
Yea, ditto.

The Gospel is the kingdom, or the church, what Christ died for, the means by which God reveals His glory on the earth again.

And the church preaches these two commandments.

When I read comments about the current policy of separating children from their parents---

Those who are in favor of this policy use past events to justify what is going on now. These people are ignoring their own moral vales (if they have any) just to conform to the majority view. In short, they are puppets on a string. The devil is smiling at you this day as you twist and turn because of the guilt you cannot hide from.

Those who oppose separating children from their parents are speaking from their hearts and soul. God embraces you into His arms as a member of His family. The warmth of His embrace will comfort you day in and day out.

I had discussion with this one girl (she is nice) but said the main message of jesus contradicts "condemning" faggs or sexual deviants and that we cannot "judge" and that the main message is love thy neighbour and homosexuality is not a sin

I replied

No, one may condemn others if they do something wrong. You do not have to tolerate everything, nobody does, you do not have to do everything and even should not tolerate everything. In the Bible, anyone who opposes the laws of God is warned a few times and punished.

1.Corinthians

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.
[a]

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”And the main message doesnt contradict condemning sexual immorality or sins

The main message is indeed love thy neighbour as yourself and love thy Lord with all your heart But who loves his son chastise him

as a father the son in whom he delights.Also its clear homosexuality is a sin not only in the old testament (leviticus) but also in the new (romans)

Romans
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

Yes. Paul was big on pronouncing judgement. Fortunately, he didn't have the authority to do that. Seems the arrogant hypocrite thought he could overrule Jesus's teachings, and just spout anything he wanted as if he had the authority of God. He didn't. That's a lot like our president views the constitution.

Paul did indeed have the authority. He was a good and faithful servant of Christ who spoke through the Holy Spirit, preaching unto his own death. He ran the good race.

Mort, ya did good to correct the nice girl. She added to the word, and is a good example of why we are directed not to do so.
Like Satan, she told 99% of the truth so you would believe the 1% lie.
........love thy neighbor = truth. Homosexuality is not a sin = lie.

I replied

1.Corinthians

[a]

Romans

Yes. Paul was big on pronouncing judgement. Fortunately, he didn't have the authority to do that. Seems the arrogant hypocrite thought he could overrule Jesus's teachings, and just spout anything he wanted as if he had the authority of God. He didn't. That's a lot like our president views the constitution.

Paul did indeed have the authority. He was a good and faithful servant of Christ who spoke through the Holy Spirit, preaching unto his own death. He ran the good race.

Mort, ya did good to correct the nice girl. She added to the word, and is a good example of why we are directed not to do so.
Like Satan, she told 99% of the truth so you would believe the 1% lie.
........love thy neighbor = truth. Homosexuality is not a sin = lie.

So, other than Paul claiming he had authority, what makes you think he did? Did his claimed authority allow him to countermand what Jesus had said? Was Jesus wrong, and Paul right?

I can't find a Jesus quote anywhere in the Bible that says, "If it feels good, do it." Maybe it was Moses that said God was a proponent of homosexuality?
No. No one said it. They said the opposite:

Leviticus 18:12 "'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."
Leviticus 20:13"' If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
^ There ya go. Pretty self explanatory. ^

So was Moses also pretending to speak for God without authority?

God and Jesus are one in the same. Yesterday, today and tomorrow whether talking through Moses, Christ, or Paul...

Last edited:
I can't find a Jesus quote anywhere in the Bible that says, "If it feels good, do it." Maybe it was Moses that said God was a proponent of homosexuality?
No. No one said it. They said the opposite:

Leviticus 18:12 "'Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."
Leviticus 20:13"' If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
^ There ya go. Pretty self explanatory. ^

So was Moses also pretending to speak for God without authority?

God and Jesus are one in the same. Yesterday, today and tomorrow whether talking through Moses, Christ, or Paul...

So what is your opinion about the transition between the old and new testiments? Do you think all the old laws continue in full force after the New Testiment, or do you think there was a new covenant with the death of Jesus? It doesn't matter to me which you choose. It just makes a difference in which passages I point out.

Christ didn't do away with the Law. He fulfilled it.
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Because of Christ we are under a new covenant:
Hebrew 9:15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called receive the promised eternal inheritance --now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Christ didn't do away with the Law. He fulfilled it.
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Because of Christ we are under a new covenant:
Hebrew 9:15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called receive the promised eternal inheritance --now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Can't have it both ways. Either new rules, or old rules. This is another example of ignoring the parts that don't fit what you CHOOSE to believe.

^Do you think those are my opinions? Are you are saying that Christ didn't fulfill the Law? Or that He is not the mediator for the new covenant?
Christ fulfilled the Law and gave us one rule:
Love your Father in Heaven and each other.

What parts do you think I am ignoring?

Forum List

Back