The main message of christianity?

I had discussion with this one girl (she is nice) but said the main message of jesus contradicts "condemning" faggs or sexual deviants and that we cannot "judge" and that the main message is love thy neighbour and homosexuality is not a sin

I replied

No, one may condemn others if they do something wrong. You do not have to tolerate everything, nobody does, you do not have to do everything and even should not tolerate everything. In the Bible, anyone who opposes the laws of God is warned a few times and punished.

1.Corinthians

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.
[a]

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”And the main message doesnt contradict condemning sexual immorality or sins

The main message is indeed love thy neighbour as yourself and love thy Lord with all your heart But who loves his son chastise him

Proverbs 13:24 English Standard Version (ESV)
24 Whoever spares the rod hates his son,
but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.[a]

Proverbs 3:12 English Standard Version (ESV)
12 for the Lord reproves him whom he loves,
as a father the son in whom he delights.Also its clear homosexuality is a sin not only in the old testament (leviticus) but also in the new (romans)

Romans
God's Wrath on Unrighteousness
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
God botherers can manipulate the Bible to mean whatever they want it to mean. I believe it was written that way on purpose, so they could use it to justify whatever they wanted. Just yesterday Jeff Sessions used it to justify separating children from their mothers. The same quote used to justify slavery if I recall correctly. Preschers used a biblical quite to justify the rowandan genocide. "Spare the rod and soil the child" is used as justification for child abuse. And of course there's the discrimination mentioned in the op.

Don't buy into it.

So what do you think is the message of the bible if any at all? Is the message sodomy and rainbow love? The message is indeed peace and love but not the summer of love type. Do you agree or not?

I agree, we do not have the authority to judge another. This is reserved for the God and He alone. But still I got that detest feeling when I googled the following----

"Spitting on Christians"

I wanted to judge the act harshly but alas, it is not for me to do so

Who said we dont have the authority to judge another who said this? Makes no sense.

Jesus said by their fruits you will know them and the bad fruits will be thrown into fire.

And yet so-called Christians don’t follow any of that.

Are all Christians "so-called Christians" or just some?

Perfection is not reached in an instant. Perhaps have a little empathy and kindness of people on their journey. We cannot truly know the troubles, trials, and tribulations of others--even those close to us.

Perfection is not reached in an instant. Perhaps have a little empathy and kindness of people on their journey. We cannot truly know the troubles, trials, and tribulations of others--even those close to us.

I think do not judge another means exactly what you said not about those people who are blasphemous, rebell against God spit on christians and everything which is holy etc. Read Romans again what I posted.

Also imagine someone calls himself christian and brother is bishop and does that, does that mean the congregation has no right to excommunicate or expell him or to rule to court about him?

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I had discussion with this one girl (she is nice) but said the main message of jesus contradicts "condemning" faggs or sexual deviants and that we cannot "judge" and that the main message is love thy neighbour and homosexuality is not a sin

I replied

No, one may condemn others if they do something wrong. You do not have to tolerate everything, nobody does, you do not have to do everything and even should not tolerate everything. In the Bible, anyone who opposes the laws of God is warned a few times and punished.

1.Corinthians

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.
[a]

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”And the main message doesnt contradict condemning sexual immorality or sins

The main message is indeed love thy neighbour as yourself and love thy Lord with all your heart But who loves his son chastise him

as a father the son in whom he delights.Also its clear homosexuality is a sin not only in the old testament (leviticus) but also in the new (romans)

Romans
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
The main message is so simple few seem to grasp it: love God with all your heart and love your neighbor like you would yourself.

That is it.

I replied

1.Corinthians

[a]

Romans

The main message is so simple few seem to grasp it: love God with all your heart and love your neighbor like you would yourself.

That is it.

true but who loves god follows his commandments jesus was asked what is the main commandment and he said there are only 2 love thy neighbour as you would yourself and love thy god with all your heart, but you cant love god and rebell against everything god stood against, also if you lover your son you dont spare the rod.

I replied

1.Corinthians

[a]

Romans

God botherers can manipulate the Bible to mean whatever they want it to mean. I believe it was written that way on purpose, so they could use it to justify whatever they wanted. Just yesterday Jeff Sessions used it to justify separating children from their mothers. The same quote used to justify slavery if I recall correctly. Preschers used a biblical quite to justify the rowandan genocide. "Spare the rod and soil the child" is used as justification for child abuse. And of course there's the discrimination mentioned in the op.

Don't buy into it.

So what do you think is the message of the bible if any at all? Is the message sodomy and rainbow love? The message is indeed peace and love but not the summer of love type. Do you agree or not?
The only message in the Bible is "obey me".

The main message of christianity?

Get on yer knees, get off yer knees...
Get on yer knees, get off yer knees...
Repeat for infinity.

When did anyone even see Jesus and Paul in the same place? Paul's self proclaimed authority isn't backed up by anything other than Paul's self proclaimed authority. Please show me where I am wrong.

I think you are right but his drastic change from christhunting jew to christian and martyrdom for christ probably means he was serious. and it is generally accepted, its also part of the bible. you didnt die a martyr death for christ. yet you judge paul the apostle and the authority of the bible.

What we do know is that he gave his life for the faith he had persecuted. At his conversion, a prophet named Ananias was sent to him to show him what things he must suffer. In an early letter he catalogued some of those sufferings. It is a long list. His beheading was but the culmination of a life of sacrifice "poured out as a drink offering" to his Lord Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 2:6). Apostolic Beheading; the Death of Paul

So he started believing his own lies that he told to gain his position. Big deal. TV preachers do that all the time. Consider Paul as the forerunner to Pat Robertson.

well back at that time he didnt had to gain much from being a christian apostle. it was not a position of dominance or wealth or power.

Of course it was. He was treated like a God when he visited the churches. After all, he was making proclamations about things that Jesus never mentioned, and overruling things that Jesus actually said, and he claimed the authority of God to do that..

Then tell me what he overruled? And i think it is divine that wherever he went the church set deep roots. It was the work of god. If he wasnt apostle he would die a unknown man.

Too many to list here.
Paul Contradicts Jesus

Lots of famous dead people who weren't apostles

I replied

1.Corinthians

[a]

Romans

That is it.

true but who loves god follows his commandments jesus was asked what is the main commandment and he said there are only 2 love thy neighbour as you would yourself and love thy god with all your heart, but you cant love god and rebell against everything god stood against, also if you lover your son you dont spare the rod.
If you love your son....you understand what it is to be a child and act accordingly.

If you love God you understand that God’s message is passed on by men, and can be corrupted in the process.

We don’t stone women.

We don’t kill gays.

We don’t kill disobedient children.

I think Jesus had it right with his one commandment.

I think you are right but his drastic change from christhunting jew to christian and martyrdom for christ probably means he was serious. and it is generally accepted, its also part of the bible. you didnt die a martyr death for christ. yet you judge paul the apostle and the authority of the bible.

What we do know is that he gave his life for the faith he had persecuted. At his conversion, a prophet named Ananias was sent to him to show him what things he must suffer. In an early letter he catalogued some of those sufferings. It is a long list. His beheading was but the culmination of a life of sacrifice "poured out as a drink offering" to his Lord Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 2:6). Apostolic Beheading; the Death of Paul

So he started believing his own lies that he told to gain his position. Big deal. TV preachers do that all the time. Consider Paul as the forerunner to Pat Robertson.

well back at that time he didnt had to gain much from being a christian apostle. it was not a position of dominance or wealth or power.

Of course it was. He was treated like a God when he visited the churches. After all, he was making proclamations about things that Jesus never mentioned, and overruling things that Jesus actually said, and he claimed the authority of God to do that..

Then tell me what he overruled? And i think it is divine that wherever he went the church set deep roots. It was the work of god. If he wasnt apostle he would die a unknown man.

Too many to list here.
Paul Contradicts Jesus

I think this was written by muslims usually muslims dont like paul and they believe in the gospel of barnabas, im sure if you go through this and the context there is no contradiction just cherrypicked, well there are also similar things which point out contradictions in the bible as a whole. as a orthodox christian i do not believe the bible is literaly the word of god like evangelicals do or jehovahs witnesses, the people is holy and inspired by sacred man who wrote it, but it cannot be taken literally obviously word by word. i believe jesus lives in the church that he is among us and the we receive his blood and flesh through communion, church service and repentance. evangelicals dont even have communion.

I replied

1.Corinthians

[a]

Romans

That is it.

If you love your son....you understand what it is to be a child and act accordingly.

If you love God you understand that God’s message is passed on by men, and can be corrupted in the process.

We don’t stone women.

We don’t kill gays.

well those are extremes, but we do bless gays and give them authority and equal rights. which is wrong. you understand how it is to be another or try it you dont judge thats true. Thats not the same with what i said. I think there is a fine difference.

Too many to list here.
Paul Contradicts Jesus

I think this was written by muslims usually muslims dont like paul and they believe in the gospel of barnabas, im sure if you go through this and the context there is no contradiction just cherrypicked, well there are also similar things which point out contradictions in the bible as a whole. as a orthodox christian i do not believe the bible is literaly the word of god like evangelicals do or jehovahs witnesses, the people is holy and inspired by sacred man who wrote it, but it cannot be taken literally obviously word by word. i believe jesus lives in the church that he is among us and the we receive his blood and flesh through communion, church service and repentance. evangelicals dont even have communion.

The bible verses are there for you to read. No context problems. The words are the same if you are Christian, Muslim, or Atheist. You are free to ignore the ways Paul ignored and over ruled Jesus, but that doesn't make them go away. When it comes to eternal life, do you care more about what the bible actually says, or what somebody told you it says?

I replied

1.Corinthians

[a]

Romans

That is it.

We don’t stone women.

We don’t kill gays.

well those are extremes, but we do bless gays and give them authority and equal rights. which is wrong. you understand how it is to be another or try it you dont judge thats true. Thats not the same with what i said. I think there is a fine difference.

Sure. The difference is you choose to ignore the parts that you don't agree with.

Too many to list here.
Paul Contradicts Jesus

The bible verses are there for you to read. No context problems. The words are the same if you are Christian, Muslim, or Atheist. You are free to ignore the ways Paul ignored and over ruled Jesus, but that doesn't make them go away. When it comes to eternal life, do you care more about what the bible actually says, or what somebody told you it says?

well you can say jesus contradicted himself so he was not the son of god and the he said that he is not

90 Verses That Say: Jesus is Not God Nor the Literal Son of God

as a christian i believe this is cherrypicked and to discredit christians.

the bible didnt came from heaven like it said about the quran the bible was composed over a long period of time by christians, and was canonised in 300AD by the orthodox/catholic church (back then it was the same). now 1500 years after tradition and church practice comes a few evangelicals and think they know better the bible, and lots of them preach on TV and then again split up with eatch other etc. well i like evangelicals and im friends with them etc. but there are such and such very liberal ones and very conservative ones etc. but i dont believe exactly what they believe

I replied

1.Corinthians

[a]

Romans

That is it.

We don’t stone women.

We don’t kill gays.

Sure. The difference is you choose to ignore the parts that you don't agree with.

which parts? i believe the bible gives us instructions and is sacred but not literal the word of god which needs to be followed by every letter to letter, which is impossible, that rather could be the believe of a jew because christians anyways dont follow the 360 commandments of the jew law.

This thread is painful to read. Four pages and no one, not even the Christians can state the main message of Christianity.

the main message of Christianity is that God loves you. He loves you so much that He became a mortal and does for your sins. And then He did the unthinkable, He rose from the dead ensuring that everyone who ever lived will do likewise.

"The Son of God became a man so that men can become the sons of God."

that is the main message of Christianity.

everything is an appendage to that.

"we love because He loved us first '

We repent and obey because we love Him. It's a natural outgrowth of knowing He loves us.

Our love for others is a good principle but it's not the main message.

If you don't know that He loves you, you won't know love to begin with. And you can't share what you don't have.I

if you haven't felt the love of God for you, plead with Him for it. If you have, plead for it to come again and stay with you. Feast upon the love of God. Repent

This thread is painful to read. Four pages and no one, not even the Christians can state the main message of Christianity.

the main message of Christianity is that God loves you. He loves you so much that He became a mortal and does for your sins. And then He did the unthinkable, He rose from the dead ensuring that everyone who ever lived will do likewise.

"The Son of God became a man so that men can become the sons of God."

that is the main message of Christianity.

everything is an appendage to that.

"we love because He loved us first '

We repent and obey because we love Him. It's a natural outgrowth of knowing He loves us.

Our love for others is a good principle but it's not the main message.

If you don't know that He loves you, you won't know love to begin with. And you can't share what you don't have.I

if you haven't felt the love of God for you, plead with Him for it. If you have, plead for it to come again and stay with you. Feast upon the love of God. Repent

I know what the main message of christianity is but my thread is more in context of sin and christianity, that the message of christianity contradicts being against sin, and that many things which christians consider sinful are not sins, thats what this girl said literally her words "who says homosexuality is a sin didnt understood jesus"

That would be some. Not all.

I am not talking about imperfection. I am talking about evil.

For example. A real Christian wouldn’t support separating parents from children.

A real Christian wouldn’t support discrimination against other human beings.

Forum List

Back