The Lying A-Holes have stuck it to us again

No, with very few exceptions. The first $250,000 in profit from the sale of a personal residence won’t be taxed, or the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple. The tax falls on relatively few — those with high incomes from other sources.

This is a TAX ON THE MIDDLECLASS you Obamarrhoidal LIEbturd Twit !!!

Seldom will you get a MIDDLECLASS person NOT LIVING in a house between $250,000 and $750,000.....maybe even $1 million.

It's not the value of the home, but the amount of the profit. A couple would have to sell their million dollar home for 1.5 to have to pay anything.

Yeh it's OK because it's the other guy who's getting shafted.....same old thought process from the lefties.As long as we get to spend someone Else's money because those of us on the left have that right because life has been unfair to us and we don't have something so we have the right to take it from someone who does.:(

Yeah, with the left it's okay as long as someone else pays for it.

Yes...I know

Its tough living in a million dollar home. Everybody is always picking on you

My home is far from that value on the low side. It is paid for, though.

I was talking with someone and mentioned that in passing and they exclaimed, "You're house is paid for? Your rich!"

The point being, that if you have anything at all, you have more than somebody and they would like to take it away from you.

Why are you or I entitled to take away something that doesn't belong to either of us simply because the third party from whom it will be taken has more than either of us?

I don't understand this logic.

And that has as much to do with Health Care as does reporting all purchases in excess of 600 to the IRS.

I can't wait for ObamaCare to be declared unconstitutional, then it all goes away!
Repeal of the healthcare law, would only hasten the day that we have a single payer system. The increase in healthcare cost with or without the healthcare law will continue. In 2000 we had 39 million uninsured. That rose to 48 million by 2008. It's now 59 million. As the recession wines down, the demand for affordable healthcare will again take center stage. Once the uninsured reaches a larger enough number, there will be no other viable option other than a single payer system.

Yeh it's OK because it's the other guy who's getting shafted.....same old thought process from the lefties.As long as we get to spend someone Else's money because those of us on the left have that right because life has been unfair to us and we don't have something so we have the right to take it from someone who does.:(

Yes...I know

How much longer before they decide a 100K home is luxurious and needs taxed? You don't see it. They crawl into our lives in baby steps and then begin to take bites. Or you do see it and do not care.

No, with very few exceptions. The first $250,000 in profit from the sale of a personal residence won’t be taxed, or the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple. The tax falls on relatively few — those with high incomes from other sources.

What was it doing in the health care bill? Thank god the party of KNOW voted NO.

:yawn:

I don't need the news, I have a history book

Not one Republican voted for your bullshit. sucks to be you donut?

Four words...Worst Congress in History. Nuff said. :(

You know Libo

Come to think of it, this Congress will be known as one of the best in history. With the passing of the healthcare bill, economic stimulus and overcoming a massive recession they will go down as one of our greatest sessions of Congress.

Now, lets look back at what the Republican led Congress accomplished.......

Oh yea....they got us into two wars. I wonder how history will rank that one?

What was the unemployment rate while the Reps controlled Congress? GNP? All economic indicators? Growth rate of the economy? Inflation?

The response to 9/11 was absolutely misguided and over the top, but comparing one set of results to the other is a no brainer.

I guess we'll just wait until November 2 to see how that comparison plays out in the minds of each individual voter in the voting booth.

Every Republican or TEA Party candidate just needs to ask if you are better off now than you were 4 years ago: When Harry met Nancy.

Last edited:
Four words...Worst Congress in History. Nuff said. :(

You know Libo

Come to think of it, this Congress will be known as one of the best in history. With the passing of the healthcare bill, economic stimulus and overcoming a massive recession they will go down as one of our greatest sessions of Congress.

Now, lets look back at what the Republican led Congress accomplished.......

Oh yea....they got us into two wars. I wonder how history will rank that one?

What was the unemployment rate while the Reps controlled Congress? GNP? All economic indicators? Growth rate of the economy? Inflation?

The response to 9/11 was absolutely misguided and over the top, but comparing one set of results to the other is a no brainer.

I guess we'll just wait until November 2 to see how that comparison plays out in the minds of each individual voter in the voting booth.

Every Republican or TEA Party candidate just needs to ask if you are better off now than you were 4 years ago: When Harry met Nancy.

The problem with that congress was a little thing about a couple of wars they started. In 2006 the American people sent them packing. The Democratic Congress took over in Jan 2007 just as the greatest recession in 70 years was starting.

Now we all know Conservatives claim that a recession of that magnitude can be initiated in a few months. But the American voter knew better and still sent the Republicans packing in 2008. To this day, they still blame the Republicans for that recession

This is a TAX ON THE MIDDLECLASS you Obamarrhoidal LIEbturd Twit !!!

Seldom will you get a MIDDLECLASS person NOT LIVING in a house between $250,000 and $750,000.....maybe even $1 million.

Sorry g-man

You missed the boat again. It is not a $250,000 house. It is a $250,000 PROFIT for single and a $500,000 PROFIT for married. That means you are living in a house worth $750,000 plus depending on when you bought.

It also means you do not pay a tax on the first $500,000 of PROFIT only on what you made above that

Far from your typical middle class

Yes...I know

How much longer before they decide a 100K home is luxurious and needs taxed? You don't see it. They crawl into our lives in baby steps and then begin to take bites. Or you do see it and do not care.

How much longer before they decide a 100K home is luxurious and needs taxed?

When they do.....you can start a thread on it

For now, lets talk about the bill at hand

Beginning January 1, 2013, ObamaCare imposes a 3.8% Medicare tax on unearned income, including the sale of single family homes, townhouses, co-ops, condominiums, and even rental income.

ObamaCare Flatlines: ObamaCare Taxes Home Sales - Clobbers Middle-Class Americans - Blog - GOP.gov

bumpnz.jpg

Merged with existing thread.

Last edited:
He needs to find a way to pay for this thing right? Oh and just a reminder,we start to pay into this right away with the majority of the effect of this disaster not kicking in until 4 years from now....

How do you like Obama now America...

Americans who think Obamacare should have done more outnumber those who think the government should stay out of health care by 2-to-1.

Only one in 5 people think the government should stay completely away from health care.

40% believe Obamacare did not go far enough to change the health care system.

Last edited:
Americans who think Obamacare should have done more outnumber those who think the government should stay out of health care by 2-to-1.

And yet a plurality of voters are ready to vote Obama's party out of office and install an opposition party that will not pursue that goal. Boy, that's a headscratcher, huh.

Beginning January 1, 2013, ObamaCare imposes a 3.8% Medicare tax on unearned income, including the sale of single family homes, townhouses, co-ops, condominiums, and even rental income.

ObamaCare Flatlines: ObamaCare Taxes Home Sales - Clobbers Middle-Class Americans - Blog - GOP.gov

There is already a thread on this somewhere, but it was pointed out and proven that this tax only effects individuals with incomes of more than $250k or married couples with more than $500k and even then the first $200k or $250k (can't remember which) of their house profits from the sale are exempt from the tax.

Not saying that this makes it a good law, but just pointing out the middle class will not be hit with this.

And yet a plurality of voters are ready to vote Obama's party out of office and install an opposition party that will not pursue that goal. Boy, that's a headscratcher, huh.

That would be because Obamacare does not help. More people OPPOSE the current law then support it. More people TOLD their representatives in Congress they opposed it before they voted on it. One can be for health care and understand the GARBAGE that we got stuck with is not it.

Here’s how it would play out, according to Snopes.com, a well-respected nonpartisan website that confirms or debunks rumors and urban legends: If a couple with a combined income of over $250,000 wanted to scale back by selling their $2 million residence, and they made a $750,000 profit on the sale, they would have to pay an additional 3.8 percent tax on $250,000 (the $750,000 profit minus the $500,000 capital gains threshold), for a total “health care law tax” of $9,500 over and above the normal capital gains levy.

The national median existing-home price for all housing types was $170,700 in March, according to the National Association of Realtors. And because Internal Revenue Service figures show that less than 2 percent of all tax-paying households have incomes of $250,000 or more, most of us won’t be subject to the 3.8 percent tax.

Fact check: Investment income tax only affects 'high earners? | jacksonville.com

On one of the financial shows that I try to watch on the weekend, Wayne Rogers just noted in passing that in 2012 a new tax will go into effect that is defined within the body of the swindle labeled the Healthcare Reform Bill.

A tax of 3.8% will be assessed on the sales of all homes.

What??!!?!

How is this even associated with healthcare?

Every bastard who voted for this abortion should be taken out back and stoned, then shot then jailed for life.

"You won't know what's in it until it is passed."

There is nothing a conservatarian won't believe if it fits their meme.

Forum List

Back