GOP Choice: Power or Sick Children Left Behind

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

Whether you are a conservative, a liberal, a progressive, a populist, a right wing loon, a left wing moonie, a libertine Libertarian, or a much dreaded centrist who is willing to do what the founders and framers did -- compromise, the GOP has given you a choice: Power or Sick Children Left Behind.

GOP 'Pledge to America' Looks Unlikely to Inspire - Newsweek

Way to go GOP. Way to go. :evil:

I love it. The Republicans want to "invest" in a middle defense that doesn't work. In fact, nothing they have done for decades has worked. At least they're consistent.

Think of all those Democratic scientists Republicans want to keep employed working on their non-workable missile defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whether you are a conservative, a liberal, a progressive, a populist, a right wing loon, a left wing moonie, a libertine Libertarian, or a much dreaded centrist who is willing to do what the founders and framers did -- compromise, the GOP has given you a choice: Power or Sick Children Left Behind.

Oh well. We'll see this thread OP idea come to fruition as the election cycle ramps up.

Looks like the left wants to play the politics of fear card. I think I'll just ignore threads like this until after the election and focus on the positive things candidates bring to the table.

I'm looking for candidates with real world business experience, a record of careful spending on their campaigns and private lives, those with weak ties to their parties and mostly plan oriented/positive ads.

Looks like the left wants to play the politics of fear card. I think I'll just ignore threads like this until after the election and focus on the positive things candidates bring to the table.

I'm looking for candidates with real world business experience, a record of careful spending on their campaigns and private lives, those with weak ties to their parties and mostly plan oriented/positive ads.

Exactly. This thread is one of desparation...and goofy. There will be more frequent goofy threads as the election draws near. Their handlers have taught them well.

Dante has the right wingers at a loss for words. When confronted with truths, the right just gets unhinged or runs away. The head in the sand approach is what they did for years of conservative fiscal policies that drove the world economies into a ditch.

Exactly. This thread is one of desparation...and goofy. There will be more frequent goofy threads as the election draws near. Their handlers have taught them well.

The libs will spread all kinds of lies. Fortunately they have lied so much they have no credibility.
Hope n Change?
Cut the cabinet budget $100M
Health care reform will reduce costs
The stimulus will save the economy
Cash for clunkers will revive the auto industry
Talking to Iran is the way to go
etc etc etc.

The libs will spread all kinds of lies. Fortunately they have lied so much they have no credibility.
Hope n Change?
Cut the cabinet budget $100M
Health care reform will reduce costs
The stimulus will save the economy
Cash for clunkers will revive the auto industry
Talking to Iran is the way to go
etc etc etc.

None. But yet it's their way or the highway...and their highway dead ends at a rather steep cliff.

Obama is in his second year. He isn't doing bad compared to where other Presidents were in their second years. Reagan was written off.

One election and we shall see. The GOP is in trouble with health care arguments.

Obama's been written off by his own party and the whole of America.

I was around for Reagan, and that never happened with him.

Obama is in his second year. He isn't doing bad compared to where other Presidents were in their second years. Reagan was written off.

One election and we shall see. The GOP is in trouble with health care arguments.

Reagan was written off? You wanna stand with that statement? Really? He was re-elected in a LANDSLIDE.

Obama is lucky to have 42% from CNN.

Obama Approval Hits an All-Time Low in CNN Poll

Eight points lower than three weeks ago...and still sinking.

Wake up and deal with reality. Lou Cannon's first bio and the poll numbers you can easily google.

unemployment: under Reagan, the rate hit 10.8 percent by November 1982 ... . It was still at 8.3 percent in December 1983 and at 7.5 percent in August 1984

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/21/AR2010082101591.html

Last edited:
And one other point Dauntless?

Reagan didn't go aroung the world apologizing for his Nation or it's people. He embraced them 100%...

Reagan talked about American Exceptionalism, All I ever hear Obama talk about is how we have to learn to live with not being exceptional.

Wake up and deal with reality. Lou Cannon's first bio and the poll numbers you can easily google.

unemployment: under Reagan, the rate hit 10.8 percent by November 1982

Reagan's first term offers measuring stick for Obama

We are dealing with reality. You on the other hand are stuck back a few decades. Eight point drop in three weeks leading up to an election. Does that look like sunshine and happiness to you?

unemployment: under Reagan, the rate hit 10.8 percent by November 1982

Reagan's first term offers measuring stick for Obama

Recovering from WHOM?The same ASSHOLE pimping a book called "The Whitehouse Diaries". That piece of dogsqueeze of an ex president still won't shut the Hell up.

And those MAILAISE numbers came down by the end of Reagan's term.
He worked with a Democrat Congress to get tax cuts passed across the board that set off the greatest period of growth this nation has seen.

*NEXT*

The Chillun!

It's fo da Chillun!!

Progressives want nothing for themselves, the lives fo da' Chillun!

Look at em! Look at the chillun!

pantuhoff_igor-pantuhof__blond_girl_with_flower_in_h~300~10053_20070424_2712302_4195477.jpg

Forum List

Back