The Lost Ones - The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

I often think of a few people who have gone away. Like others, I get blue, and I usually use the Blues as a cathartic tool. Great tool for dealing with being blue. I remember a story about the Matriarch, Rose Kennedy. I retell it in my own words: Rose was in conversation and it was mentioned that she knew something about time healing wounds. Rose replied that she didn't believe time healed wounds. She said that wounds scar over with scabs that can be torn open.

For me there are the times of melancholy, and the times of true sorrow. The kind of emotions that dig deep opening up old wounds, tearing away scabs. But I accept all experiences in life -- the good, the bad, and the ugly, for they all go together to inform ones life.

Dante has lived as a drifter, a loner, a nomad. He's never seen a sight that didn't look better looking back.

I was born under a wandrin' star
Wheels are made for rollin'
Mules are made to pack
I've never seen a sight that didn't look better looking back

Mud can make you prisoner, and the plains can bake you dry
Snow can burn your eyes, but only people make you cry
Home is made for comin' from, for dreams of goin' to
Which with any luck will never come true

Do I know where hell is?
Hell is in hello
Heaven is goodbye for ever, it's time for me to go
A wandrin' wandrin' star

When I get to heaven tie me to a tree
Or I'll begin to roam, and soon you know where I will be
A wandrin' wandrin' star

Songwriters: Alan Jay Lerner / Frederick Loewe

Love is but a song we sing
Fear's the way we die
You can make the mountains ring
Or make the angels cry
Though the bird is on the wing
And you may not know why

Come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another right now

Some may come and some may go
He will surely pass
When the one that left us here
Returns for us at last
We are but a moment's sunlight
Fading in the grass

Come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together

Come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together

Come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together

If you hear the song I sing
You will understand, listen
You hold the key to love and fear
All in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both
It's there at your command

Come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together

Come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together

I said come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Right now
Right now

Songwriters: Chet Powers

Fine if you like sentimental drivel and have consistently failed to reasonably cope with life's little jokes .

Could not stand the idea of walking around with a sick bag all the time , ready to catch my failures to be positive and resourceful. imho .

Yeah, it was the main PX area in Danang--a compound between 1st Marine Division HQ and Danang Air Base.
I know my Cousin (USArmy), was initially stationed there, but forget the year(s).

Our next door neighbor was in the US Marines during the conflict: When we were young (boys), Robert Nashawaty, would baby sit for my Mom. He has a twin brother Robert.

Richard Nashawaty.jpg

Fine if you like sentimental drivel and have consistently failed to reasonably cope with life's little jokes .

Could not stand the idea of walking around with a sick bag all the time , ready to catch my failures to be positive and resourceful. imho .
btw, I am known for laughing in the face of life. It's scares and saddens many people. Being a survivor of life's little jokes -- like the joke life is playing on Palestinians and Israelis.

You appear to take it all far too seriously. You even started a thread with your Sick Bag thing: Thurday , August 24 will be Sick Bag Day. You have no idea how others have coped, and with what they have lived through. You look to be in denial of much, as if playing the Happy Wanderer will make reality go away. Sentiment? It's what makes humans, human. It helps create art, music, literature...creates bonds between people. If you see others saying they live in sentimentality -- it appears you've given far too much away, that you seek to keep hidden.

or...

I could be as wrong and full of shit as you are here.

:auiqs.jpg:

Joke is, you've added nothing here. please don't take offense. It's all a joke. thank you

Forum List

Back