The Logistics of Deporting 11,000,000 people...help please.

deport 11 million people spread from one end of the country to the other, and all points between???

11 million, is that all ? Hang on for a second ...

upload_2014-11-25_12-57-47.jpeg

there. It's done.

I often hear about the conservative plans to deport the illegal aliens who are here.

I was hoping to get the logistics solved. If you believe the figure of 11,000,0000 illegals being here, how would you go about such a feat? What if the illegal alien had a child while he or she was here; would you separate the family since the baby is a citizen?

Sounds pretty impractical to me.

Easy... set up 150 sub-centers around the nation, each feeding into 75 primary centers, which file to 4 deportation centers which are immediately adjacent to international airports... Flights and semi-trucks pulling cattle cars loaded leaving every 15 minutes every day, for as long as it takes... .

These are fed by the use of the millions of municipalities to round up their respective aliens, each loading their respective aliens into their respective sub-centers.

150 sub-centers. Okay. What do they do?
75 primary centers. Okay. What do they do?
4 deportation centers. Then you load people onto planes, trucks, and "cattle" cars and then what?

Fly where?
Drive where?

Mexico City? The border?

You act like there aren't current deportations going on right now, or that people have not been deported in the past. Why the process is so difficult to grasp by you is a mystery?

I often hear about the conservative plans to deport the illegal aliens who are here.

I was hoping to get the logistics solved. If you believe the figure of 11,000,0000 illegals being here, how would you go about such a feat? What if the illegal alien had a child while he or she was here; would you separate the family since the baby is a citizen?

Easy... set up 150 sub-centers around the nation, each feeding into 75 primary centers, which file to 4 deportation centers which are immediately adjacent to international airports... Flights and semi-trucks pulling cattle cars loaded leaving every 15 minutes every day, for as long as it takes... .

These are fed by the use of the millions of municipalities to round up their respective aliens, each loading their respective aliens into their respective sub-centers.

4 deportation centers. Then you load people onto planes, trucks, and "cattle" cars and then what?

Fly where?
Drive where?

Mexico City? The border?

You act like there aren't current deportations going on right now, or that people have not been deported in the past. Why the process is so difficult to grasp by you is a mystery?

The scale (mentioned in the title of the OP) is the X factor. If you wish to continue the current level of deportations along with the current level of crossings (both legal and illegal), nothing will change since we have explained the status quo.

If you wish to ramp up the number of deportations, the infrastructure comes into question; just like if you add 4 million people to a city, the current highways aren't going to be able to handle it.

Hence the question, the logistics of doing it.

Easy to say that you just put them on the first flight out of the country...what if the receiving country doesn't want them--contests their identity?

Why you think getting rid of 11,000,000 people will be the same as the revolving door we have now is a mystery.

Fly where?
Drive where?

Mexico City? The border?

The scale (mentioned in the title of the OP) is the X factor. If you wish to continue the current level of deportations along with the current level of crossings (both legal and illegal), nothing will change since we have explained the status quo.

If you wish to ramp up the number of deportations, the infrastructure comes into question; just like if you add 4 million people to a city, the current highways aren't going to be able to handle it.

Easy to say that you just put them on the first flight out of the country...what if the receiving country doesn't want them--contests their identity?

Why you think getting rid of 11,000,000 people will be the same as the revolving door we have now is a mystery.

But I've seen no one that has suggested that everyone gets deported at once, or by a certain time. I think people have repeatedly said that the border issue needs to be addressed first, or starting any kind of accelerated deportation model is a huge waste of time and money. You seem entirely concerned about the logistics of it as if we haven't done this in the past by asking how we physically move them, or where we drop them off, etc... which seem like minor issues at best in the larger scheme of things.

Fly where?
Drive where?

Mexico City? The border?

Well, there's an additional problem with "putting people on a plane out of the country." It's called law. People have a right to fair and impartial hearing, with legal counsel, before they get kicked out. Some other people might not like that, but the sad fact is that I personally don't think those people should be allowed to vote, but then ... the law says stupid fck,s get to vote too ... so they do. So, what happens is if the govt tries loading up the planes, the lawyers go to federal court, and courts say "fed govt, now you know we told you these folks get hearing first." And, the courts have the power to fine govt and even order the DOJ send out federal marshalls to arrest govt officials.

Fly where?
Drive where?

Mexico City? The border?

But I've seen no one that has suggested that everyone gets deported at once, or by a certain time. I think people have repeatedly said that the border issue needs to be addressed first, or starting any kind of accelerated deportation model is a huge waste of time and money. You seem entirely concerned about the logistics of it as if we haven't done this in the past by asking how we physically move them, or where we drop them off, etc... which seem like minor issues at best in the larger scheme of things.
How's this fence thing work again?

The logistics seem pretty simple to me. No one said we had to round them all up and ship 'em out all in one group. One at a time will be just fine.

Since virtually every country in the world recognizes that parental custody rights supercede almost every other concern, the citizenship of the minor child would be irrelevant until such time as he is old enough to assert those rights on his own behalf, just as is the case with children born to an American and a foreign national while overseas. In other words, the kid goes with his parents. Give us a call when you're 18, hon.

Frankly, assigning citizenship to the child of two illegals simply because they manage to drop the kid on this side of the border is a ludicrous interpretation of the law to begin with.

Good luck getting an answer on that one. Even if we deported one million illegals a year, which is logistically damn near impossible, it would take eleven years to get rid of them all and that is assuming more still aren't coming.

The answer isn't making it harder to come here; the solution is making it easier. Both parties are going about this the wrong way. We need to simplify it back to how it was during the Ellis Island days.

Why would we want to make it easier to come here? What is the benefit to the United States in this policy (because, you know, immigration policy IS supposed to be about the best interests of this country and its legal residents)?

The solution is kick liberals out of office so we never have the problem in the first place.

...just like Bush and Reagan did?

Close the border. Enforce the law. Deport criminals. Tax remittances. Provide emergency stabilization medical care and deportation. Deduct costs of such medical care to any foreign aid provided to the sending country.

At a hundred illegals per bus, we could do it in a mere 110,000 bus loads.

Or we could jam them in at 200 per bus and be rid of them in only 55,00 bus loads.

The question remains once we get them out of here is who is going to do the work they once did?

Americans? Fat chance.

In the industry which employs the highest percentage of illegals, farmworkers, they still only make up about 28% of the workforce. That means that Americans already ARE doing the work the illegals do.

There is no one so penurious as a leftist suddenly confronted with the possibility of a) following the law, and b) benefitting the best interests of the United States. It is particularly amusing since there is no other occasion on which leftists can even be persuaded to consider financial costs on the taxpayers' dime, let alone view them as important.

The solution is kick liberals out of office so we never have the problem in the first place.

...just like Bush and Reagan did?

Actually, Bush and Reagan issued executive orders allowing illegal children to remain with parents who had since corrected their immigration status. It was intended to close an unintended loophole that Congress hadn't planned for in its duly- and Constitutionally-passed legislation. This goes to demonstrate what I just said: virtually every country recognizes that parental custody supercedes almost every other concern.

As American citizens, the babies have no need for visas to enter almost any country the parents are likely to be from. The practicalities. buses, lots of buses.

Lots of buses and $137BILLION.

And, how would you find them?
That's a bargain!

Anyway, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an illegal in some parts of the country. Where can you find them, lol!

Leftists apparently think finding illegals is some sort of "Where's Waldo?" scenario.

It is pretty impractical. Illegal immigrants are vastly numerous, they move, we don't know who they are, and they can return when we deport them. I have a much more realistic solution: target the dealers of illegal labors, the employers. Employers are less numerous, generally stay put, they advertise, and they're already here.

That's called "... cutting off the limbs to kill the tree."

Nope. Make E*verify mandatory. If you have a new employee, you're required to E*verify their abvility to work legally before they start working. It can be done online in seconds. It can be done over the phone in minutes. The system is already in place. It already exists. All you have to do is make it mandatory and put some teeth behind it.

If an employer uses E*verify and the results show the worker is authorized to work in this country....then no matter what happens, the employer is legally covered. If they don't check or employ someone who E*verify shows can't work, then they do a minimum of 1 year in prison.

A few dozen high profile employers going to jail over this issue, and employers will get the message. Labor for illegal workers will dry up. And with no work, folks will self deport. Resolving much of the 11 million folks who are here.

The solution is reasonable (it takes only seconds to verify), plausible (the system already exists) and fair (if you verify, you're covered as an employer).

... and, when you do this, and it works perfectly, you will have 11 million people who can't feed themselves. Are we going to let them starve (because, under your program, that's their choices - either stay and starve or go home and starve). You know as well as I do that we will create a welfare structure that supports and cares for them.

I absolutely agree that E*verify will help to control the illegal employment issue, but it is nonsensical to think that employment is the ONLY reason they come. What do they get when they get here? Freedom, free education, free welfare, and free healthcare. Still beats the hell out of what they have back home.

Whether they starve is not my problem. Where they starve is, and it shouldn't be here.

At a hundred illegals per bus, we could do it in a mere 110,000 bus loads.

Or we could jam them in at 200 per bus and be rid of them in only 55,00 bus loads.

The question remains once we get them out of here is who is going to do the work they once did?

Americans? Fat chance.

Okay, busses, where does the bus go? For example, do we drive it to Nogales, stop 50 feet from the border, disboard the occupants and tell them to march across the border?

A follow up or two?;
  • what if some of them came from Panama? Do we still send them back to Mexico?
  • What if Mexico didn't want them?
  • What if the Mexicans on the other side of the border doesn't want the actual Mexicans we're telling to march across the bridge?

Are you aware that we already have deportation processes in place, and working, and that you can just look them the fuck up instead of sitting here with your thumb up your ass, asking ignorant questions and trying to reinvent the wheel all by your mentally-challenged lonesome?

... and, when you do this, and it works perfectly, you will have 11 million people who can't feed themselves. Are we going to let them starve (because, under your program, that's their choices - either stay and starve or go home and starve). You know as well as I do that we will create a welfare structure that supports and cares for them.

I absolutely agree that E*verify will help to control the illegal employment issue, but it is nonsensical to think that employment is the ONLY reason they come. What do they get when they get here? Freedom, free education, free welfare, and free healthcare. Still beats the hell out of what they have back home.
Why are you sure we'd create a welfare system? Adult illegal aliens get basic free stabilization medical treatment, but not much else is legally mandated. Kids get educations. But, if a guy can't pass everify, we could deport him and his dependents.

Plus, illegals are helping pay for the public school system anyway every time they pay sales tax on something they buy or make a rent payment to their landlord. It does add to the cost of education, however, when more money has to be spent on classes to teach their children English. We've been having that issue in Vegas.

No, they aren't "helping to pay for" shit. On balance, they are an enormous drain on the economy. The pissant amount they dribble into the system through sales tax - and if you think they're paying rent to a legitimate landlord who dutifully files taxes, you're insane - is a drop in the bucket compared to what they take out.

There is no one so penurious as a leftist suddenly confronted with the possibility of a) following the law, and b) benefitting the best interests of the United States. It is particularly amusing since there is no other occasion on which leftists can even be persuaded to consider financial costs on the taxpayers' dime, let alone view them as important.

yeah, track down, arrest, lock up, then deport 11 million people ... shit like that is FREE to taxpayers.

view that.

Why are you sure we'd create a welfare system? Adult illegal aliens get basic free stabilization medical treatment, but not much else is legally mandated. Kids get educations. But, if a guy can't pass everify, we could deport him and his dependents.

Plus, illegals are helping pay for the public school system anyway every time they pay sales tax on something they buy or make a rent payment to their landlord. It does add to the cost of education, however, when more money has to be spent on classes to teach their children English. We've been having that issue in Vegas.

Not sure if it's ever been calculated but if the illegal aliens are counting toward school funding for the districts but if they are, I wonder how the districts would react to the lesser funding.

It's been calculated a lot. You'd be sure of this if you spent less time speculating on what reality might possibly be and more time bringing it up to par by looking this shit up for yourself.

Please understand that the answer to you saying, "I don't know if someone has thought of this yet . . ." is always going to be, "Yes, they have, because virtually everyone is smarter than you and years ahead of anything you can come up with, so go look and find out."

Forum List

Back