The Logistics of Deporting 11,000,000 people...help please.

I often hear about the conservative plans to deport the illegal aliens who are here.

I was hoping to get the logistics solved. If you believe the figure of 11,000,0000 illegals being here, how would you go about such a feat? What if the illegal alien had a child while he or she was here; would you separate the family since the baby is a citizen?

Sounds pretty impractical to me.

Easy... set up 150 sub-centers around the nation, each feeding into 75 primary centers, which file to 4 deportation centers which are immediately adjacent to international airports... Flights and semi-trucks pulling cattle cars loaded leaving every 15 minutes every day, for as long as it takes... .

These are fed by the use of the millions of municipalities to round up their respective aliens, each loading their respective aliens into their respective sub-centers.

Several problems. First, we don't catch anywhere near that many illegals. Second, administrative hearings. Third, they come back.

Those are challenges, not problems... Catch them as they come along, process them, deport them. It's not as big a deal as it is being made out to be.
It's a very big deal to tear apart a family by slapping cuffs on granny and sending her away. Do you see the PR disaster our detention/deportation policy already is? Now multiply that on an industrial scale, we would lose all moral authority in our international dealings and be no better than any of the "bad guys" we are supposed to be morally superior to.

Yeah... the illegal alien gang-banger that raped butchered that little girl in california, who was on his 4th return... he was every bit the innocent granma.

At some point these ridiculous reductions to the absurd play out. We've pretty much hit that point.

I often hear about the conservative plans to deport the illegal aliens who are here.

I was hoping to get the logistics solved. If you believe the figure of 11,000,0000 illegals being here, how would you go about such a feat? What if the illegal alien had a child while he or she was here; would you separate the family since the baby is a citizen?

As American citizens, the babies have no need for visas to enter almost any country the parents are likely to be from. The practicalities. buses, lots of buses.

Lots of buses and $137BILLION.

And, how would you find them?
That's a bargain!

Anyway, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an illegal in some parts of the country. Where can you find them, lol!

I could probably fill ten buses...tomorrow.

Okay, you drive the bus to the Mexican border...then what? You disboard them and tell them to walk back across the bridge to Mexico.

• What if the Mexican border patrol (their side) doesn't allow them back in.
  • What if you have someone from Panama...are you just going to take them to Mexico?

We could use trains....

An the trains would go where?

I'm a politicall conservative person and know a lot of other conservative people here in the predominantly conservative state of Indiana.

I know no one who believes that 11-million immigrants can be deported.

Those i know do believe that the border can be effectively closed off and a large proportion of illegal immigrants can be incentivized to self deport by foing nothing more than enforcing existing laws rather than their being ignored.

I totally agree that a fence from San Diego to Brownsville TX needs to be built...yesterday. It has nothing to do with medical care, grapefruit, or non-assimilants. When you can make a bomb in your nation and drive it into mine in a pick-up truck or a suit case, it's time to shut down free immigration across both borders.

No need to spend another dime on deportation, for now...

Simply modify our laws to...

1. make it a felony to knowingly give a job to an Illegal Alien - with every single hire in the country passing through e-verify, et al

2. make it a felony to knowingly sell or rent housing to an Illegal Alien

3. make it a felony to knowingly sell or rent a vehicle to an Illegal Alien

4. make it a serious misdemeanor to knowingly provide medical services to an Illegal Alien - except emergency humanitarian life-saving or condition-stabilizing measures

5. make it a serious misdemeanor to knowingly provide educational services to an Illegal Alien

6. make it a felony to knowingly provide banking or financial or money wire-transfer services to an Illegal Alien

7. make it a felony to knowingly act as the agent for an Illegal Alien in order to circumvent (1) thru (6) above

And whatever else we think might be required, in order to make our soil 'legally toxic' to Illegal Aliens.

Including the banning of 'Sanctuary' status for any polity (city, county, state, etc.), on behalf of Illegal Aliens.

Give 'em fair warning... oh, say, six months, before the new range of laws goes into effect, then...

Implementation Day... put teeth into those laws... and make 'em stick.

Then sit back and watch the fun... as hordes of Illegal Aliens fall all over themselves, scrambling for the border, before Implementation Day...

Heading home at the speed of light... of their own volition.. under their own power... at their own expense... and not costing us a dime in deportation costs.

And, of course, making our soil 'toxic' for future Illegals, as well... discouraging them from even bothering to try... and staying home.

Win-Win.

Easy... set up 150 sub-centers around the nation, each feeding into 75 primary centers, which file to 4 deportation centers which are immediately adjacent to international airports... Flights and semi-trucks pulling cattle cars loaded leaving every 15 minutes every day, for as long as it takes... .

These are fed by the use of the millions of municipalities to round up their respective aliens, each loading their respective aliens into their respective sub-centers.

150 sub-centers. Okay. What do they do?
75 primary centers. Okay. What do they do?
4 deportation centers. Then you load people onto planes, trucks, and "cattle" cars and then what?

Fly where?
Drive where?

Mexico City? The border?

Several problems. First, we don't catch anywhere near that many illegals. Second, administrative hearings. Third, they come back.

Those are challenges, not problems... Catch them as they come along, process them, deport them. It's not as big a deal as it is being made out to be.

Constructing 229 facilities isn't a big deal?

1. make it a felony to knowingly give a job to an Illegal Alien - with every single hire in the country passing through e-verify, et al

4. make it a serious misdemeanor to knowingly provide medical services to an Illegal Alien - except emergency humanitarian life-saving or condition-stabilizing measures

5. make it a serious misdemeanor to knowingly provide educational services to an Illegal Alien

6. make it a felony to knowingly provide banking or financial or money wire-transfer services to an Illegal Alien

7. make it a felony to knowingly act as the agent for an Illegal Alien in order to circumvent (1) thru (6) above

And whatever else we think might be required, in order to make our soil 'legally toxic' to Illegal Aliens.

Including the banning of 'Sanctuary' status for any polity (city, county, state, etc.), on behalf of Illegal Aliens.

Give 'em fair warning... oh, say, six months, before the new range of laws goes into effect, then...

Then sit back and watch the fun... as hordes of Illegal Aliens fall all over themselves, scrambling for the border, before Implementation Day...

Heading home at the speed of light... of their own volition.. under their own power... at their own expense... and not costing us a dime in deportation costs.

And, of course, making our soil 'toxic' for future Illegals, as well... discouraging them from even bothering to try... and staying home.

Win-Win.
I doubt it would have the "fun" remedy you think it would but I don't see any flaws with what you want to do on the legal end of it.

Win-Win.
Virtually none of that is acceptable to a majority of Americans. We should go for what is doable and forget the hyperbole.

No one is going anywhere.

The question is will those undocumented continue to remain undocumented indefinitely or do we implement reform and bring a resolution to the issue.

Reform does not mean 'path to citizenship'.

Reform means changing procedures and processes and laws, and then pursuing-enforcing those changes.

Path to citizenship = Shamnesty - by inches and degrees.

Generally speaking, in today's political context, 'Immigration Reform' = codespeak for Shamnesty.

Before 1965 we had OPEN borders with Canada and Mexico without a problem.

The ONLY thing the bureaucrats should do is ABOLISH the welfare state.

You call what you do "discussion"?:finger3:

It's discussion not debate. Discussion is merely an exchange of info between two interested parties. Debate is a discussion where you try to change the other person's mind. I do not engage in debate. Never have and never will. That's one of the benefits of knowing you're right.

Why would we deport anyone? Take away their ability to earn a living, and they will leave on their own.

Mark

Good luck getting an answer on that one. Even if we deported one million illegals a year, which is logistically damn near impossible, it would take eleven years to get rid of them all and that is assuming more still aren't coming.

The answer isn't making it harder to come here; the solution is making it easier. Both parties are going about this the wrong way. We need to simplify it back to how it was during the Ellis Island days.

During the "Ellis Island" days, Americans were not compelled to support the immigrants that came here. Those days are gone.

Mark

It is pretty impractical. Illegal immigrants are vastly numerous, they move, we don't know who they are, and they can return when we deport them. I have a much more realistic solution: target the dealers of illegal labors, the employers. Employers are less numerous, generally stay put, they advertise, and they're already here.

That's called "... cutting off the limbs to kill the tree."

Nope. Make E*verify mandatory. If you have a new employee, you're required to E*verify their abvility to work legally before they start working. It can be done online in seconds. It can be done over the phone in minutes. The system is already in place. It already exists. All you have to do is make it mandatory and put some teeth behind it.

If an employer uses E*verify and the results show the worker is authorized to work in this country....then no matter what happens, the employer is legally covered. If they don't check or employ someone who E*verify shows can't work, then they do a minimum of 1 year in prison.

A few dozen high profile employers going to jail over this issue, and employers will get the message. Labor for illegal workers will dry up. And with no work, folks will self deport. Resolving much of the 11 million folks who are here.

The solution is reasonable (it takes only seconds to verify), plausible (the system already exists) and fair (if you verify, you're covered as an employer).

I have run a business. EVERY employer is already required to fill out an I-9 form for every employee.

The laws are in place. Simply enforce them.

Mark

It is pretty impractical. Illegal immigrants are vastly numerous, they move, we don't know who they are, and they can return when we deport them. I have a much more realistic solution: target the dealers of illegal labors, the employers. Employers are less numerous, generally stay put, they advertise, and they're already here.

Nope. Make E*verify mandatory. If you have a new employee, you're required to E*verify their abvility to work legally before they start working. It can be done online in seconds. It can be done over the phone in minutes. The system is already in place. It already exists. All you have to do is make it mandatory and put some teeth behind it.

If an employer uses E*verify and the results show the worker is authorized to work in this country....then no matter what happens, the employer is legally covered. If they don't check or employ someone who E*verify shows can't work, then they do a minimum of 1 year in prison.

A few dozen high profile employers going to jail over this issue, and employers will get the message. Labor for illegal workers will dry up. And with no work, folks will self deport. Resolving much of the 11 million folks who are here.

The solution is reasonable (it takes only seconds to verify), plausible (the system already exists) and fair (if you verify, you're covered as an employer).

I have run a business. EVERY employer is already required to fill out an I-9 form for every employee.

Mark

But, if you enforce it, you'll have to deport the illegal, and fine the company!!!! Whatever are you thinking????

1. Americans, even the foaming at the mouth immigrant haters on this forum, will not do a lot of the work illegal labor does. Those who think they would are full of shit. Migrant work is called that for a reason. Very few Americans are going to leave their suburban tract house, climb into their SUV, and travel from farm to farm over hundreds of miles to pick lettuce on one farm for a couple weeks, and then pick blueberries on another farm far away for a couple weeks, and then pick apples on another farm even farther away for a couple weeks. This blazing fact has been proven every time there is a crackdown on illegals on farms. The crops rot in the ground, and on the vine and branch, even when the farmers raise the wage to 20 bucks an hour.

2. E-Verify is great, until it isn't. This idea of punishing employers for hiring illegals exposes the ignorance of the proponents of that idea. If a farmer needs 50 laborers to bring in the crops, but our fucked up immigration quota system only provides him 30 laborers, he has no choice but to hire 20 illegals. Instead of treating the symptom, fix the goddam disease! Straighten out our quota system. Oh, but that would require...you know...the Republicans to allow an immigration bill to come up for a vote in the House. Dumbasses.

If the facts matched your beliefs, you might have a point. Meatpacking and construction jobs in this country have been gutted by illegal immigrants doing the work for less than Americans can afford to do it for. Maybe you would think differently if they took YOUR JOB.

Mark

Mark

But, if you enforce it, you'll have to deport the illegal, and fine the company!!!! Whatever are you thinking????

If you enforce the law, no deportation is necessary. If you are excluded from making money, you will leave on your own.

Mark

Forum List

Back