The Liberal Myth that the Rich Pay "Virtually No Taxes"

You want no government. You're mentally retarded.

Where on earth did I say that?

You have the IQ of an oyster

There can be no government without revenue to pay for it. You stated unequivocally that you believe the government has no right to take anyone's money.

You're a retard.

There are other ways to tax than by confiscation of earnings moron

I don't hear you telling us what those ways are.

You really are dumb aren't you?

I'm smart enough to see when you make claims you can't support.

Uhhhh, there are two threads going right now in which liberals have claimed that the rich "pay virtually nothing" in taxes and/or that "the rich pay less in taxes than the middle class," etc., etc. Those comments, and many others I've seen/heard in recent years, prompted me to write this thread.

If the wealthy are paying 17% effective tax rate compared to the 50% they should be paying, does that qualify as "virtually nothing"?

You make two dubious assumptions and then proceed from there.

Why should anyone have an effective tax rate of 50%?

Does your fuzzy-math claim about a 17% effective tax rate include all the taxes that the rich pay in state and county taxes? I am barely in the top 20% and my state takes about 5% of my gross income and refunds about $100 of that money to me each year. And, good grief, I pay many thousands of dollars in state sales tax and county property tax. Two of my relatives own businesses, and they pay a huge amount in state and county business and property taxes. Does your 17% figure include state and county taxes?

Why?

Because that is where our tax rate used to be before we were running up record debt. It is where our tax rate used to be when taxes actually paid more for infrastructure, education and healthcare. It is where our tax rate used to be when the Government actually accomplished things

We have seen what Supply Side tax rates have done for this country...time to fix the mistake

You are totally confused. Every major tax cut has been followed by a huge increase in federal revenue. So you can't blame tax cuts for the rise in the debt. If we had just held spending to a growth rate that mirrored inflation after 2003, the debt would have gone no higher than maybe $6 trillion, we would have had a balanced budget by 2007, and would have paid down a sizable chunk of the national debt by now.

We added two wars in 2001 and 2003.

Tax cuts do not increase revenue. No cause and effect has ever been proven.

Tax cuts don't cost anything either

Where on earth did I say that?

You have the IQ of an oyster

There can be no government without revenue to pay for it. You stated unequivocally that you believe the government has no right to take anyone's money.

You're a retard.

You never herd of the proposition for the fair tax?

Are you that out of touch?

You're a retard.

A consumption tax takes my money.

I'm sorry you can't see the difference between levying taxes and confiscating income

If the rich pay "virtually nothing" in taxes, as liberals continue to claim, how is it that they pay the majority of federal personal income taxes? According to federal income tax data, the top 1% pay about 45% of all federal income taxes. The top 10% pay at least 60% of all federal income taxes. And the top 20% pay over 80% of all federal income taxes.

Top 1% pay nearly half of federal income taxes

Top 10 Percent of Earners Paid 68 Percent of Federal Income Taxes

Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax

STEPHEN MOORE: Do the rich pay their fair share of taxes?

Do the rich pay lower taxes than the middle class?

The Rich Pay More than Their Fair Share of Taxes | Economics21

What's more, the top 1% pay around 24% of all federal taxes (income taxes, corporate taxes, tariffs, etc.). The top 10% pay over 50% of all federal taxes.

1 Percenters Pay 24 Percent and Top 10 Percent Pay 53.3 Percent of All Federal Taxes

And this is on top of the huge amount of county and state taxes that the rich pay, especially rich people who own businesses. I have two relatives who own businesses, and I can't believe how much they get soaked in county and state taxes, especially property taxes.

Liberals who go around peddling the kool-aid myth that "the rich pay virtually no taxes" or that "the average rich person pays less than a middle-income earner" obviously don't know any rich people and/or any business owners and are basing these silly claims on grossly misleading "studies" churned out by liberal think tanks and economists.
So what? We clearly need more.

America's Infrastructure Is Slowly Falling Apart | VICE | United States

And then we learn this:

Forbes 400 richest Americans list shows Jeff Bezos made $16B in a year

They aren't paying enough and no one understands why you are crying for them.

If the rich pay "virtually nothing" in taxes, as liberals continue to claim, how is it that they pay the majority of federal personal income taxes? According to federal income tax data, the top 1% pay about 45% of all federal income taxes. The top 10% pay at least 60% of all federal income taxes. And the top 20% pay over 80% of all federal income taxes.

What's more, the top 1% pay around 24% of all federal taxes (income taxes, corporate taxes, tariffs, etc.). The top 10% pay over 50% of all federal taxes.

1 Percenters Pay 24 Percent and Top 10 Percent Pay 53.3 Percent of All Federal Taxes

And this is on top of the huge amount of county and state taxes that the rich pay, especially rich people who own businesses. I have two relatives who own businesses, and I can't believe how much they get soaked in county and state taxes, especially property taxes.

Liberals who go around peddling the kool-aid myth that "the rich pay virtually no taxes" or that "the average rich person pays less than a middle-income earner" obviously don't know any rich people and/or any business owners and are basing these silly claims on grossly misleading "studies" churned out by liberal think tanks and economists.

And then we learn this:

So tell me why should any dollar be taxed more than any other dollar and why do so many people who earn dollars pay no tax on those dollars but other people pay almost 40% tax on some of their dollars?

I'm sorry you can't see the difference between levying taxes and confiscating income
http://www.businessinsider.com/ayn-rand-is-ruining-the-american-economy-2013-9

And then we learn this:

So tell me why should any dollar be taxed more than any other dollar and why do so many people who earn dollars pay no tax on those dollars but other people pay almost 40% tax on some of their dollars?
Maybe you need to take a few college classes and find out. You must not went to a liberal university if you have to ask that stupid fucking question.

And then we learn this:

Maybe you need to take a few college classes and find out. You must not went to a liberal university if you have to ask that stupid fucking question.

So you can't explain it.

There is no reason that can justify the confiscation of 40% of one's earnings

Requiring me to pay a tax on transactions is taking my income by force, albeit legal force.

"Buuuuuuuuuuussssssssshhhhhhhhh!"

Over 6 years, after/during 9/11/01, the economic problems that followed, and 2 wars, Bush's administration added $2.5 Trillion in new debt. After promising to cut the debt in half by the end of his 1st term he had added over $6 trillion in new debt, more than EVERY US President in history...COMBINED.

Obama and Libs immediately tacked on almost $1 trillion in new debt by showing their 'pork-filled wet dream' Stimulus bill, which contained over 7,000 pieces of pork (after Obama promised to eliminate pork), through. But enough of the FACTS....let's get back to our previously scheduled Liberal death wail....

'Buuuuuuuusssssshhhhhhh!

:lmao:

Requiring me to pay a tax on transactions is taking my income by force, albeit legal force.
No because you are not forced to partake in any transactions

And then we learn this:

For starters it's common sense that money spent on necessities and basics should be taxed less than money that isn't.

What a stupid op.

Where are those liberals who make the claim that the ultra rich pay virtully nothing in the way of income taxes....where are those people other than in the head of the OP.
pelosi-reid-obama-top-ten-dangerous-liberals-620x347.jpg

Over 6 years, after/during 9/11/01, the economic problems that followed, and 2 wars, Bush's administration added $2.5 Trillion in new debt. After promising to cut the debt in half by the end of his 1st term he had added over $6 trillion in new debt, more than EVERY US President in history...COMBINED.

Obama and Libs immediately tacked on almost $1 trillion in new debt by showing their 'pork-filled wet dream' Stimulus bill, which contained over 7,000 pieces of pork (after Obama promised to eliminate pork), through. But enough of the FACTS....let's get back to our previously scheduled Liberal death wail....

'Buuuuuuuusssssshhhhhhh!

Revenues went UP and the budget was balanced after Clinton's 93 tax increase.

And then we learn this:

For starters it's common sense that money spent on necessities and basics should be taxed less than money that isn't.

No it's not common sense

The argument of marginal utility is nothing but the rankest rationalization

If we are going to tax a dollar earned then all earned dollars should be taxed equally just like every gallon of gas is taxed equally

'Buuuuuuuusssssshhhhhhh!

Revenues went UP and the budget was balanced after Clinton's 93 tax increase.
Two words

Tech Bubble

Tech Bubble
GREAT point to bring back up. The only time he tried to do anything to Wall Street / the economy was to impose some restrictions on the tech companies (went after Microsoft, right?!)....immediately after which they / the tech bubble just TANKED.

Forum List

Back