The Latest: Israeli official: Tlaib, Omar barred from entry

RE The Latest: Israeli official: Tlaib, Omar barred from entry
⁜→ ForeverYoung436, Shusha, Coyote, et al,

I would like to make a couple of observations about the statement released.

But let me say upfront, the Honorable Rashida Tiab [Congresswoment (D-Mich)] is allowed to say anything she wants, as a Representative of the people from her Congressional District. But she is not a Representative of the American People and has no authority to act as an emissary of the American People.

Having said that:

EXCERPT • Congresswoman Tlaib’s Statement on Travel to Palestine & Israel“ said:
Racism and the politics of hate is thriving in Israel and the American people should fear what this will mean for the relationship between our two nations. If you truly believe in democracy, then the close alignment of Netanyahu with Trump's hate agenda must prompt a re-evaluation of our unwavering support for the State of Israel. The denial of entry of a congressional delegation is not only about Congresswoman Omar and I, but also about the deep-rooted racism within Israel that is taking us further away from peace. The Israeli and Palestinian people need us to be more courageous and to be honest brokers of peace. Being silent and not condemning the human rights violations of the Israeli government is a disservice to all who live there, including my incredibly strong and loving grandmother.
(DATA)

CIA FACT BOOK Data:

√ Israel: (2018 est.)

◈ Jewish 74.4%
• 76.9 % of which Born in Israel
• 15.9% Born in Africa
• 02.6% Asian Born​
◈ Arab 20.9% That is ≈ 8 Million Citizens
◈ other 4.7%​

(COMMENT)

The Arabs (Muslims or otherwise) in Israel have equal voting rights. Arabs currently hold ten seats in the Knesset. (Q: Ask yourself: How many Jews are included in the senior levels of Government in the West Bank or Gaza Strip?)

Consider this:
When the Congresswoman says Racism and the politics of hate is thriving in Israel - you might want to contrast it with these items:

New UNRWA textbooks for Palestinians demonize Israel and Jews
According to the Palestinian schoolbooks, Jews have no rights whatsoever in the region but only "greedy ambitions." The books also say that Jews have no holy places.
By Danielle Ziri September 28, 2017

◈ Palestinian kids taught to hate Israel in UN-funded camps ... →
https://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-kids-taught-to-hate-israel-in-un-funded...
Aug 14, 2013 · Palestinian kids taught to hate Israel in UN-funded camps, clip shows Teachers at UNRWA summer camps filmed declaring ‘Jews are the wolf,’ telling young campers they will return to

PALESTINIAN LEADER SAYS “KILL ALL JEWS” – SURPRISES …→
July 20, 2019 - Pickering Postpalestinian-leader-says-kill-all-jews...
You have Jews everywhere and we must attack every Jew on the globe by way of slaughter and killing, if God permits,” I’m not sure what he means by “warming up.” Perhaps he is referring to the helicopter at the Munich Olympics full of bound Israeli hostages which the Palestinian terrorists tossed a hand grenade into, killing them all.

You know I could go on and on, like this, but you get the point. The Hostile Arab Palestinians pass hatred on from generation to generation. When the Congresswoman speaks of the "the politics of hate" you can be sure that she is also thinking in terms of:

• Woman in the home of the fighting family, whether she is a mother or a sister, plays the most important role in looking after the family, rearing the children and embuing them with moral values and thoughts derived from Islam. She has to teach them to perform the religious duties in preparation for the role of fighting awaiting them. That is why it is necessary to pay great attention to schools and the curriculum followed in educating Moslem girls, so that they would grow up to be good mothers, aware of their role in the battle of liberation.

• There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad.

• Jihad and the armed resistance is the right and real method for the liberation of Palestine, and the restoration of all the rights, together with, of course, all forms of political and diplomatic struggle including in the media, public and legal [spheres]; with the need to mobilize all the energies of the nation in the battle.

• Armed struggle is the only way to liberate Palestine.

You've seen these all before. These are direct quotes from Hostile Arab Palestinian policy, charter and Covenant documents. Nothing knew here. What is important to remember is that the Arab Palestinians tend to frame their exagerated "damands" as some sort of "rights" that have extended an obligation on the Israelis. But the Israelis have taken nothing away from the Arab Palestinians. When the Israelis took control of the West Bank (including Jerusalem), it was territory under the sovereignty of the Hashemite Kingdom. And when the Peace Treaty was concluded (1995), the negotiated outcome was between the parties to the conflict (Israel and Jordan).

Just my two-cents worth...

Most Respectfully,
R

The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement is a bigoted outfit. It singles out the Jewish State for censure and boycotting in a way that is not applied to any other state, including states that have done far worse things in the Middle East in recent years than Israel has.

RE The Latest: Israeli official: Tlaib, Omar barred from entry
⁜→ ForeverYoung436, Shusha, Coyote, et al,

I would like to make a couple of observations about the statement released.

But let me say upfront, the Honorable Rashida Tiab [Congresswoment (D-Mich)] is allowed to say anything she wants, as a Representative of the people from her Congressional District. But she is not a Representative of the American People and has no authority to act as an emissary of the American People.

Having said that:

EXCERPT • Congresswoman Tlaib’s Statement on Travel to Palestine & Israel“ said:
Racism and the politics of hate is thriving in Israel and the American people should fear what this will mean for the relationship between our two nations. If you truly believe in democracy, then the close alignment of Netanyahu with Trump's hate agenda must prompt a re-evaluation of our unwavering support for the State of Israel. The denial of entry of a congressional delegation is not only about Congresswoman Omar and I, but also about the deep-rooted racism within Israel that is taking us further away from peace. The Israeli and Palestinian people need us to be more courageous and to be honest brokers of peace. Being silent and not condemning the human rights violations of the Israeli government is a disservice to all who live there, including my incredibly strong and loving grandmother.
(DATA)

CIA FACT BOOK Data:

√ Israel: (2018 est.)

◈ Jewish 74.4%
• 76.9 % of which Born in Israel
• 15.9% Born in Africa
• 02.6% Asian Born​
◈ Arab 20.9% That is ≈ 8 Million Citizens
◈ other 4.7%​
(COMMENT)

The Arabs (Muslims or otherwise) in Israel have equal voting rights. Arabs currently hold ten seats in the Knesset. (Q: Ask yourself: How many Jews are included in the senior levels of Government in the West Bank or Gaza Strip?)

Consider this:
When the Congresswoman says Racism and the politics of hate is thriving in Israel - you might want to contrast it with these items:

New UNRWA textbooks for Palestinians demonize Israel and Jews

According to the Palestinian schoolbooks, Jews have no rights whatsoever in the region but only "greedy ambitions." The books also say that Jews have no holy places.
By Danielle Ziri September 28, 2017

◈ Palestinian kids taught to hate Israel in UN-funded camps ... →
https://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-kids-taught-to-hate-israel-in-un-funded...
Aug 14, 2013 · Palestinian kids taught to hate Israel in UN-funded camps, clip shows Teachers at UNRWA summer camps filmed declaring ‘Jews are the wolf,’ telling young campers they will return to

PALESTINIAN LEADER SAYS “KILL ALL JEWS” – SURPRISES …→
July 20, 2019 - Pickering Postpalestinian-leader-says-kill-all-jews...
You have Jews everywhere and we must attack every Jew on the globe by way of slaughter and killing, if God permits,” I’m not sure what he means by “warming up.” Perhaps he is referring to the helicopter at the Munich Olympics full of bound Israeli hostages which the Palestinian terrorists tossed a hand grenade into, killing them all.

You know I could go on and on, like this, but you get the point. The Hostile Arab Palestinians pass hatred on from generation to generation. When the Congresswoman speaks of the "the politics of hate" you can be sure that she is also thinking in terms of:

• Woman in the home of the fighting family, whether she is a mother or a sister, plays the most important role in looking after the family, rearing the children and embuing them with moral values and thoughts derived from Islam. She has to teach them to perform the religious duties in preparation for the role of fighting awaiting them. That is why it is necessary to pay great attention to schools and the curriculum followed in educating Moslem girls, so that they would grow up to be good mothers, aware of their role in the battle of liberation.

• There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad.

• Jihad and the armed resistance is the right and real method for the liberation of Palestine, and the restoration of all the rights, together with, of course, all forms of political and diplomatic struggle including in the media, public and legal [spheres]; with the need to mobilize all the energies of the nation in the battle.

• Armed struggle is the only way to liberate Palestine.

You've seen these all before. These are direct quotes from Hostile Arab Palestinian policy, charter and Covenant documents. Nothing knew here. What is important to remember is that the Arab Palestinians tend to frame their exagerated "damands" as some sort of "rights" that have extended an obligation on the Israelis. But the Israelis have taken nothing away from the Arab Palestinians. When the Israelis took control of the West Bank (including Jerusalem), it was territory under the sovereignty of the Hashemite Kingdom. And when the Peace Treaty was concluded (1995), the negotiated outcome was between the parties to the conflict (Israel and Jordan).

Just my two-cents worth...

Most Respectfully,
R
Did Israel send you its updated book of talking points?

The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement is a bigoted outfit. It singles out the Jewish State for censure and boycotting in a way that is not applied to any other state, including states that have done far worse things in the Middle East in recent years than Israel has.
BDS is a Palestinian call to end the occupation. Israel singles itself out as the only country occupying Palestine.

BDS is a Palestinian call to end the occupation. Israel singles itself out as the only country occupying Palestine.

Be quiet.

When you claim that Israel is “occupying” your alleged “Magical Kingdom of Pal’istan”, are you referring to the “country of Pal’istan” that you insist was created by the Treaty of Lausanne in 1924?

When you claim that Israel is “occupying” your alleged “Magical Kingdom of Pal’istan”, are you referring to the “country of Pal’istan” that you insist was created by the Treaty of Lausanne in 1924?
What a stupid post. :290968001256257790-final:

Explain this alleged “occupation”.

LMAO the world will be so much better off without liars like you.

There is no such thing as Palestine and we should have a BDS movement for every mostly Muslim country given how they treat women, gays and apostates. Funny how you don’t mention that.

It is the behavior of our president I find more disturbing.

Agreed. He's an embarrassment.

Edited to add: I don't think his silly comments influenced the Israeli government, though. They made the decision they made for their own reasons.

I think Trump and Netanyahu have a lot in common, they are both power hungry bullies. The US has long had divergent views on IP. Has a US representative ever before been barred? I don’t think so. There really is no good reason to have done so, none, but of course it is Israel’s right to do so.

The US has been a steadfast ally and source of support for Israel (and vice versa) both financially and politically over the decades. Despite what some say that support continued through the Obama Administration. Netanyahu is facing a difficult election I believe. Is he playing to his base? Unlike Trump, Netanyahu is politically savvy, has self control and is not thin skinned. I am guessing he see’s a political advantage here. To attempt to marginalize two outspoken critics of his policies?

I am most disturbed by Trump. When you hold a position of power, you speak from power and words carry meaning, intended or unintended. To openly throw two US representatives, of his country, to be publicly humiliated by another country in this manner, is unprecedented. I don’t care what view point they represent, we have always shown a united public face however much we squabbled internally. These actions by Trump are, at best unAmerican and at worst show how easily this president can be played through his ego.

God save us from ourselves :(

How many of the actions AGAINST Trump have been unprecedented? DOes any of those bother you? You expect Trump to just sit there like a pinata while you libs keep taking swings at him?

Home don't play that.
Will you ever quit apologizing for Trump? Seriously!

You made a point. I addressed it seriously. All you did was dodge my questions that you didn't want to answer.

Perhaps, because you don't like thinking of their answers?

Coyote. You and yours are the bad guys here. On some level you know that. That is why you get uncomfortable when you see questions like that.

The Israel government has decided not to allow UC Congresswomen Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) to enter the country Friday as part of a US Congressional delegation. The decision is being criticized, mostly by Democrats and the left. I feel it is the right decision.

I understand the arguments in favor of allowing these two disreputable politicians to come to Israel. Many of Israel's allies think it is a good opportunity for the country to demonstrate to Omar and Tlaib what Israel is really all about and to show its freedoms and transparency. Others predict that the two would proceed to act like the clowns they are and embarrass themselves and the Palestinian cause.

Here is why I disagree.

First of all, the free and democratic nations of the world have had enough of hostile people crossing their borders, not just in Israel, but Europe and the US as well. At some point, any country has to stand up and say, "You cannot enter our country."

Just as the US had a policy of not admitting communists during the Cold War because they were dedicated to overthrowing our democracy, Israel should have the right to deny entry to those who wish to do it harm-destroy it even. These two characters planned to advance the Boycott, Divest and Sanctions movement (BDS) which is designed to bring the Jewish state to its knees through economic pressure and isolation.

Nor am I concerned about the "slap in the face" to our Congress in denying two Congresswomen entry. It's not a slap in the face of President Trump, who supports the Israeli decision. If anything, it's just another embarrassment to Omar and Tlaib as well as their party for supporting them. In short, the Democrats have shown that they are no friends of Israel. So let them stand with Omar and Tlaib. It just further exposes them for what they are.

In addition, this is a good opportunity to tell the whole Palestinian movement and its supporters that this country stands with Israel-not the Palestinians. Even the Arab world considers them undesirable other than as pawns to beat up on Israel.

I hope Israel does not bend to pressure on this. The Palestinian cause should not be our cause. Thank God we have a president who realizes that.

Israel has made the right decision in barring Omar and Tlaib

The Israel government has decided not to allow UC Congresswomen Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) to enter the country Friday as part of a US Congressional delegation. The decision is being criticized, mostly by Democrats and the left. I feel it is the right decision.

I understand the arguments in favor of allowing these two disreputable politicians to come to Israel. Many of Israel's allies think it is a good opportunity for the country to demonstrate to Omar and Tlaib what Israel is really all about and to show its freedoms and transparency. Others predict that the two would proceed to act like the clowns they are and embarrass themselves and the Palestinian cause.

Here is why I disagree.

First of all, the free and democratic nations of the world have had enough of hostile people crossing their borders, not just in Israel, but Europe and the US as well. At some point, any country has to stand up and say, "You cannot enter our country."

Just as the US had a policy of not admitting communists during the Cold War because they were dedicated to overthrowing our democracy, Israel should have the right to deny entry to those who wish to do it harm-destroy it even. These two characters planned to advance the Boycott, Divest and Sanctions movement (BDS) which is designed to bring the Jewish state to its knees through economic pressure and isolation.

Nor am I concerned about the "slap in the face" to our Congress in denying two Congresswomen entry. It's not a slap in the face of President Trump, who supports the Israeli decision. If anything, it's just another embarrassment to Omar and Tlaib as well as their party for supporting them. In short, the Democrats have shown that they are no friends of Israel. So let them stand with Omar and Tlaib. It just further exposes them for what they are.

In addition, this is a good opportunity to tell the whole Palestinian movement and its supporters that this country stands with Israel-not the Palestinians. Even the Arab world considers them undesirable other than as pawns to beat up on Israel.

I hope Israel does not bend to pressure on this. The Palestinian cause should not be our cause. Thank God we have a president who realizes that.

I don't disagree with what you said, but I think the reason to deny them entry is much simpler. We all know that the only reason they wanted to go to Israel was to stoke the conflict between the Palestinians and Israelis which would have almost certainly have led to more violence and that is sufficient reason to deny them entry. The argument for allowing them in is that because they are members of Congress they should be allowed to cause more violence and perhaps death among Israelis and Palestinians, which is a bizarre argument ever for Democrats to make.

Here is why I disagree.

I don't disagree with what you said, but I think the reason to deny them entry is much simpler. We all know that the only reason they wanted to go to Israel was to stoke the conflict between the Palestinians and Israelis which would have almost certainly have led to more violence and that is sufficient reason to deny them entry. The argument for allowing them in is that because they are members of Congress they should be allowed to cause more violence and perhaps death among Israelis and Palestinians, which is a bizarre argument ever for Democrats to make.

I don't require any reason to deny anyone entry to my house.

Members of Congress are entitled to no special treatment. They do not represent Congress nor the United States entire, but only the people in their districts, if that.

The Palestinian groups that were part of Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) canceled trip to Israel and the West Bank have a public record of openly expressing anti-Semitism, supporting the BDS movement, as well as fostering sympathy of and links to terrorist groups.

According to the itinerary released by Israel’s public broadcaster Kan, the congresswomen were scheduled to meet with people from Palestinian groups Miftah, who was also sponsoring the trip, and the Defense for Children International-Palestine (DCI-P).

“While we do not support policies that would block these U.S. lawmakers from entering, we note how they exploit their standing to partner with groups such as Miftah that promote anti-Jewish hate and advocate against peace and coexistence, as well as at least one NGO linked to the PFLP terror group, the so-called Defense for Children International-Palestine,” NGO Monitor told JNS.

In his statement on Israel’s decision to bar the congresswomen, Netanyahu also noted the Palestinian group’s support for BDS and ties with terrorism.

“[T]he itinerary of the two congresswomen reveals that the sole purpose of their visit is to harm Israel and increase incitement against it,” said Netanyahu. “In addition, the organization that is funding their trip is Miftah, which is an avid supporter of BDS, and among whose members are those who have expressed support for terrorism against Israel.”

Founded in 1998, Miftah’s vision is a “sovereign, independent, democratic, tolerant and inclusive Palestinian state, which grants Palestinians their basic rights, preserves their dignity, and enjoys international recognition and respect,” according to the group’s website.

Despite such claims, Miftah, which is mainly funded by a number of E.U. countries and the United Nations, has been tied to terrorist sympathizers and anti-Semites, as well as openly accusing Israel of committing atrocities and support for the BDS movement.

(full article online)

Palestinian groups behind Omar-Tlaib canceled trip express anti-Semitism, links to terrorism

Here is why I disagree.

only reason they wanted to go to Israel
They weren't going to Israel.

Here is why I disagree.

only reason they wanted to go to Israel
They weren't going to Israel.

Which airport were they flying into?

Gaza?

In broad strokes, the tentative itinerary — titled “US Congressional Delegation to Palestine” — took Tlaib and Omar through major Palestinian population centers in Jerusalem and the West Bank, and to a string of meetings with Palestinian non-profits and activists, as well as international human rights groups.

The joint program featured no meetings with Israeli officials of any political persuasion, including Arab lawmakers. The plan also did not feature any extended time spent within Israel’s internationally recognized borders. (Neither Omar nor her aides in their comments Friday on her planned meetings with Israelis made any reference to Tlaib meeting Israeli officials.)

The lawmakers were scheduled to meet a Palestinian official, Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the executive committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization.

One Israeli non-profit, the left-wing B’Tselem, was to be present at one of those meetings, along with three other non-Israeli organizations, and the congresswomen were to receive a tour of Hebron from Breaking the Silence, a controversial far-left Israeli group.

“I would’ve loved to take @IlhanMN and @RashidaTlaib on our tour of Hebron,” tweeted Avner Gvaryahu, who would have given the tour. “There’s no joy in seeing or showing the harsh reality of the territories, but change will only come when we face up to the truth.”

The would-be trip contrasts with a Democratic congressional delegation to Israel and the Palestinian territories taken earlier this month by 41 representatives and sponsored by an organization affiliated with the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. That delegation met with both Israeli and Palestinian officials and activists, including Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

(full article online)

What Omar, Tlaib were going to do on their thwarted trip to Jerusalem, West Bank

Here is why I disagree.

I don't require any reason to deny anyone entry to my house.

Members of Congress are entitled to no special treatment. They do not represent Congress nor the United States entire, but only the people in their districts, if that.
I agree with you, but normally members of Congress do get special treatment as a courtesy to Israel's greatest ally and because good relations with the US Congress is important to Israel, but these two rabid anti semites deserve no courtesy and will always be the enemies of Israel.

Forum List

Back