The Latest: Israeli official: Tlaib, Omar barred from entry

ECGeuEvXsAIUrqm

So proud of her granddaughter. Congress has a constitutional mandate to oversee where American money is being spent overseas. Donald Trump has once again showed America and the world what he thinks of the US Constitution

Sure sounds like Rashida Tlaib's attitude is "screw grandma. She's not the reason why I want to go to Israel".
How dare anyone speak up for the Palestinians.

Your comment seems rather petty. This whole episode seems to me to be nothing more than a publicity stunt waged by Tlaib and Omar.

The Israeli's earlier acknowledged that neither Tlaib nor Omar had made any effort to meet with Israeli officials as was customary for visiting members of the US Congress. They apparently gave no details at all of the purpose for their visit, presumably at US taxpayer expense.

It is shameful that our president singles out two elected representatives of a co equal branch and encourages a foreign country to ban them for no reason but their political views. If you cant see how unAmerican this, then I have no words. Imagine if Obama had singled out a couple of Jewish Republican reoresentatives, told them to go backto where they came from, and then encourage a foreign country to ban them.

I have never seen anything like this. I dont CARE what their political views are, this is not good. Not at all. And I am sad that people seem to support it.

:(
Republicans disagree. Their position is “only white is right“. For them, white trumps everything.

It is the behavior of our president I find more disturbing.

Agreed. He's an embarrassment.

Edited to add: I don't think his silly comments influenced the Israeli government, though. They made the decision they made for their own reasons.
Of course they made the decision for their own reasons, but I think President Trump, the greatest friend of Israel to ever live in the WH, encouraged some in the Israeli government to stop kowtowing to Israel's enemies for fear of the increasingly anti semitic Democrats. If there are any decent people left in the Democratic Party, now it the time for them to take these two rabid, lying anti semites to task instead of quivering in fear of being called racists by the Congressional Black Caucus.

ECGeuEvXsAIUrqm

So proud of her granddaughter. Congress has a constitutional mandate to oversee where American money is being spent overseas. Donald Trump has once again showed America and the world what he thinks of the US Constitution

Sure sounds like Rashida Tlaib's attitude is "screw grandma. She's not the reason why I want to go to Israel".
So in your view, attacking Jews is standing up for Palestinians?

Talk about backfire.

Rep. Rashida Tlaib will not travel to Israel, citing 'oppressive & racist policies'

Looks like Israel changed their minds. They made Donald Trump look ridiculous.
If those congresswomen had gone to Israel nobody would’ve paid any attention. It would’ve been nothing. But now it makes Israel look racist and people are taking a second look and it makes Israel look like they’re beholden to trump. And it makes Trump look racist.

This is a backfire all the way around.

What happens when the president is playing finger pick and everyone else is playing three-dimensional chess.

Talk about backfire.

Rep. Rashida Tlaib will not travel to Israel, citing 'oppressive & racist policies'

If those congresswomen had gone to Israel nobody would’ve paid any attention. It would’ve been nothing. But now it makes Israel look racist and people are taking a second look and it makes Israel look like they’re beholden to trump. And it makes Trump look racist.

What happens when the president is playing finger pick and everyone else is playing three-dimensional chess.

If someone believes that Israel was being racist, it is because they want to believe that.

Talk about backfire.

Talk about flaming.

You seem to believe, as Talib and Omar believe, that they have some unquestionable entitlement to enter Israel as they wish. Did you read the article posted earlier that they intended to travel to Palestine"? Apparently they are not clear that Israel and Palestine are not the same place. Did they not notice that the two locations are spelled differently? That might have been a clue.

Secondly, why the "racist" canard was a part of the expected flaming from Rashida Tlaib, why be an accomplice to such nonsense?

Words thrown carelessly around tend to lose any connection to their intrinsic meaning. There is nothing “racist” about any of the decisions made by Israel in connection with their earlier decision to disallow the entry of Tlaib and Omar. While the "racist" slogan is intended to be inflammatory, it really serves only to make Rashida Tlaib, and you, appear to be blustering buffoons.

[ As I commented in my previous post....]

Yet this refusal to visit Israel came only hours after Tlaib wrote a letter saying that she did want to visit her "sity" and won't politicize the trip:

Tlaib is now saying that she'd rather never see her beloved grandmother again rather than accept visiting her without the right to call Israel an evil apartheid state.

Clearly, she is telling the world that doing her part to make everyone hate Israel is more important than a quiet visit with her grandmother for the last time.

For Israel haters, their hate is all consuming and more important than anything else - even their own families.

Chances are she thought Israel would not agree to let her in, which is the only reason she wrote the letter to begin with - to say that Israel was so evil and anti-Muslim that they wouldn't even let her see her old grandma one last time. When her bluff was called she showed the world what she is.

(vide letter/tweets online)

Now @RashidaTlaib says insulting Israel is more important than seeing her 90-year old grandmother ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

Edited to add: I don't think his silly comments influenced the Israeli government, though. They made the decision they made for their own reasons.

I think Trump and Netanyahu have a lot in common, they are both power hungry bullies. The US has long had divergent views on IP. Has a US representative ever before been barred? I don’t think so. There really is no good reason to have done so, none, but of course it is Israel’s right to do so.

The US has been a steadfast ally and source of support for Israel (and vice versa) both financially and politically over the decades. Despite what some say that support continued through the Obama Administration. Netanyahu is facing a difficult election I believe. Is he playing to his base? Unlike Trump, Netanyahu is politically savvy, has self control and is not thin skinned. I am guessing he see’s a political advantage here. To attempt to marginalize two outspoken critics of his policies?

I am most disturbed by Trump. When you hold a position of power, you speak from power and words carry meaning, intended or unintended. To openly throw two US representatives, of his country, to be publicly humiliated by another country in this manner, is unprecedented. I don’t care what view point they represent, we have always shown a united public face however much we squabbled internally. These actions by Trump are, at best unAmerican and at worst show how easily this president can be played through his ego.

God save us from ourselves :(

Last edited:
[ As I commented in my previous post....]

Yet this refusal to visit Israel came only hours after Tlaib wrote a letter saying that she did want to visit her "sity" and won't politicize the trip:

Tlaib is now saying that she'd rather never see her beloved grandmother again rather than accept visiting her without the right to call Israel an evil apartheid state.

Clearly, she is telling the world that doing her part to make everyone hate Israel is more important than a quiet visit with her grandmother for the last time.

For Israel haters, their hate is all consuming and more important than anything else - even their own families.

Chances are she thought Israel would not agree to let her in, which is the only reason she wrote the letter to begin with - to say that Israel was so evil and anti-Muslim that they wouldn't even let her see her old grandma one last time. When her bluff was called she showed the world what she is.

(vide letter/tweets online)

Now @RashidaTlaib says insulting Israel is more important than seeing her 90-year old grandmother ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

She has deeply insulted and so has the U.S.

Talk about backfire.

If someone believes that Israel was being racist, it is because they want to believe that.
No. This is not racist. It is many other things but shred the race card.

ECGeuEvXsAIUrqm

So in your view, attacking Jews is standing up for Palestinians?
So in your view attacking Israeli policies is verboten?

RE The Latest: Israeli official: Tlaib, Omar barred from entry
⁜→ ForeverYoung436, Shusha, Coyote, et al,

I have to admit, I did not see all this before. But I would like to mention an entirely different perspective for your consideration.

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 4.46.12 PM.png

I respectfully disagree. The Israelis were going to let them in before Trump put his two cents in.

(REFERENCES)

International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR)

Article 20

1. Any propaganda for war shall be prohibited by law.

2. Any advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence shall be prohibited by law.

International Convention on Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD)

Article 4

States Parties condemn all propaganda and all organizations which are based on ideas or theories of superiority of one race or group of persons of one colour or ethnic origin, or which attempt to justify or promote racial hatred and discrimination in any form, and undertake to adopt immediate and positive measures designed to eradicate all incitement to, or acts of, such discrimination and, to this end, with due regard to the principles embodied in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the rights expressly set forth in article 5 of this Convention, inter alia:

(a) Shall declare an offence punishable by law all dissemination of ideas based on racial superiority or hatred, incitement to racial discrimination, as well as all acts of violence or incitement to such acts against any race or group of persons of another colour or ethnic origin, and also the provision of any assistance to racist activities, including the financing thereof;

(b) Shall declare illegal and prohibit organizations, and also organized and all other propaganda activities, which promote and incite racial discrimination, and shall recognize participation in such organizations or activities as an offence punishable by law;

(c) Shall not permit public authorities or public institutions, national or local, to promote or incite racial discrimination.

(COMMENT)

You all look at the visa denial issue as strictly political end fighting. I see it from a counterintelligence standpoint wherein if either (or both) of these Members of Congress go to Israel or the territories in dispute, and they speak or give interviews that result in any kind of disturbance at all, they will be in violation of one (or both) of these International Conventions pertaining to Human Rights Law [as opposed to International Humanitarian Law (IHL)].

Of course, if such an event occurred, attributable to either Member of Congress, the US Embassy (Department of State) would invoke "Diplomatic Immunity." But in fact, that would not even become necessary as criminal law would not (in the modern political arena) be the default response to instances of incitement if less diplomatic effort would achieve the same effect. But the impact (casualties or death) as a result of any violence (confrontations in which police and security forces 'clash with Arab Palestinians) would be laid at the feet of these Members, and the US would be liable (diyah payments).

Now you may think this is an exaggerated concern. However, clashes and confrontations over less have occurred many times. And if there is an organized crowd or spontaneous gathering, there may be agitators (Fedayeen Activists, Hostile Insurgents, Radicalized Islamic Followers) in the mix specifically to create chaos and ignite exploitable incidents for the media.

It would be wise if both the US and Israel think twice about travel. They need to do a good risk assessment and examine the agenda. You know that the US Congressional leadership would not think twice about the potential for trouble. They are political animals and not prone to common sense.

Just My Thought,

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

I respectfully disagree. The Israelis were going to let them in before Trump put his two cents in.

I respectfully disagree.

There were all sorts of issues with their itinerary and with the fact that they declined to request meetings with Israeli officials, with security and all sorts of things. They were clearly not there in the spirit of an allied State which they represent. And they were being funded by a known antisemitic group with ties to terrorists. Nuh-uh. Netanyahu didn’t need Trump to stir the pot. The pot was already a hurricane.

Just think how much Israel just saved the American taxpayer.

I think a 'Thank You' is in order.

I think Trump and Netanyahu have a lot in common, they are both power hungry bullies. The US has long had divergent views on IP. Has a US representative ever before been barred? I don’t think so. There really is no good reason to have done so, none, but of course it is Israel’s right to do so.

The US has been a steadfast ally and source of support for Israel (and vice versa) both financially and politically over the decades. Despite what some say that support continued through the Obama Administration. Netanyahu is facing a difficult election I believe. Is he playing to his base? Unlike Trump, Netanyahu is politically savvy, has self control and is not thin skinned. I am guessing he see’s a political advantage here. To attempt to marginalize two outspoken critics of his policies?

I am most disturbed by Trump. When you hold a position of power, you speak from power and words carry meaning, intended or unintended. To openly throw two US representatives, of his country, to be publicly humiliated by another country in this manner, is unprecedented. I don’t care what view point they represent, we have always shown a united public face however much we squabbled internally. These actions by Trump are, at best unAmerican and at worst show how easily this president can be played through his ego.

God save us from ourselves :(

How many of the actions AGAINST Trump have been unprecedented? DOes any of those bother you? You expect Trump to just sit there like a pinata while you libs keep taking swings at him?

Home don't play that.

Forum List

Back