The Latest: Israeli official: Tlaib, Omar barred from entry

The Israel government has decided not to allow UC Congresswomen Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) to enter the country Friday as part of a US Congressional delegation. The decision is being criticized, mostly by Democrats and the left. I feel it is the right decision.

I understand the arguments in favor of allowing these two disreputable politicians to come to Israel. Many of Israel's allies think it is a good opportunity for the country to demonstrate to Omar and Tlaib what Israel is really all about and to show its freedoms and transparency. Others predict that the two would proceed to act like the clowns they are and embarrass themselves and the Palestinian cause.

Here is why I disagree.

First of all, the free and democratic nations of the world have had enough of hostile people crossing their borders, not just in Israel, but Europe and the US as well. At some point, any country has to stand up and say, "You cannot enter our country."

Just as the US had a policy of not admitting communists during the Cold War because they were dedicated to overthrowing our democracy, Israel should have the right to deny entry to those who wish to do it harm-destroy it even. These two characters planned to advance the Boycott, Divest and Sanctions movement (BDS) which is designed to bring the Jewish state to its knees through economic pressure and isolation.

Nor am I concerned about the "slap in the face" to our Congress in denying two Congresswomen entry. It's not a slap in the face of President Trump, who supports the Israeli decision. If anything, it's just another embarrassment to Omar and Tlaib as well as their party for supporting them. In short, the Democrats have shown that they are no friends of Israel. So let them stand with Omar and Tlaib. It just further exposes them for what they are.

In addition, this is a good opportunity to tell the whole Palestinian movement and its supporters that this country stands with Israel-not the Palestinians. Even the Arab world considers them undesirable other than as pawns to beat up on Israel.

I hope Israel does not bend to pressure on this. The Palestinian cause should not be our cause. Thank God we have a president who realizes that.

Israel has made the right decision in barring Omar and Tlaib
I don't disagree with what you said, but I think the reason to deny them entry is much simpler. We all know that the only reason they wanted to go to Israel was to stoke the conflict between the Palestinians and Israelis which would have almost certainly have led to more violence and that is sufficient reason to deny them entry. The argument for allowing them in is that because they are members of Congress they should be allowed to cause more violence and perhaps death among Israelis and Palestinians, which is a bizarre argument ever for Democrats to make.

I don't require any reason to deny anyone entry to my house.

Members of Congress are entitled to no special treatment. They do not represent Congress nor the United States entire, but only the people in their districts, if that.
I agree with you, but normally members of Congress do get special treatment as a courtesy to Israel's greatest ally and because good relations with the US Congress is important to Israel, but these two rabid anti semites deserve no courtesy and will always be the enemies of Israel.
But Tlaib and Omar were not interested in going on Israel's propaganda tour.

The Israel government has decided not to allow UC Congresswomen Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) to enter the country Friday as part of a US Congressional delegation. The decision is being criticized, mostly by Democrats and the left. I feel it is the right decision.

I understand the arguments in favor of allowing these two disreputable politicians to come to Israel. Many of Israel's allies think it is a good opportunity for the country to demonstrate to Omar and Tlaib what Israel is really all about and to show its freedoms and transparency. Others predict that the two would proceed to act like the clowns they are and embarrass themselves and the Palestinian cause.

Here is why I disagree.

First of all, the free and democratic nations of the world have had enough of hostile people crossing their borders, not just in Israel, but Europe and the US as well. At some point, any country has to stand up and say, "You cannot enter our country."

Just as the US had a policy of not admitting communists during the Cold War because they were dedicated to overthrowing our democracy, Israel should have the right to deny entry to those who wish to do it harm-destroy it even. These two characters planned to advance the Boycott, Divest and Sanctions movement (BDS) which is designed to bring the Jewish state to its knees through economic pressure and isolation.

Nor am I concerned about the "slap in the face" to our Congress in denying two Congresswomen entry. It's not a slap in the face of President Trump, who supports the Israeli decision. If anything, it's just another embarrassment to Omar and Tlaib as well as their party for supporting them. In short, the Democrats have shown that they are no friends of Israel. So let them stand with Omar and Tlaib. It just further exposes them for what they are.

In addition, this is a good opportunity to tell the whole Palestinian movement and its supporters that this country stands with Israel-not the Palestinians. Even the Arab world considers them undesirable other than as pawns to beat up on Israel.

I hope Israel does not bend to pressure on this. The Palestinian cause should not be our cause. Thank God we have a president who realizes that.

I don't disagree with what you said, but I think the reason to deny them entry is much simpler. We all know that the only reason they wanted to go to Israel was to stoke the conflict between the Palestinians and Israelis which would have almost certainly have led to more violence and that is sufficient reason to deny them entry. The argument for allowing them in is that because they are members of Congress they should be allowed to cause more violence and perhaps death among Israelis and Palestinians, which is a bizarre argument ever for Democrats to make.

Members of Congress are entitled to no special treatment. They do not represent Congress nor the United States entire, but only the people in their districts, if that.
I agree with you, but normally members of Congress do get special treatment as a courtesy to Israel's greatest ally and because good relations with the US Congress is important to Israel, but these two rabid anti semites deserve no courtesy and will always be the enemies of Israel.

Nonsense. Talib and Omar were humiliated in a publicity stunt that went nowhere.

Here is why I disagree.

As their itinerary shows, they were interested in going on the PLO/PA/Fatah/Betselem, etc "Israel occupies Palestinian Land and oppresses the Palestinian People" tour.

And not speak to any Arabs living in Israel, who might disagree with their formed view of Israel.

So, of course they did not want to visit any parts of Israel, nor speak to any Jew or non Jew Israeli.

The real view of Israel would get their brain totally confused and who knows what could have happened next :)

It’s sad that the only free-speech Republicans believe in is hate speech.

RE The Latest: Israeli official: Tlaib, Omar barred from entry
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

Did you have something of substance to contribute?

Did Israel send you its updated book of talking points?
(COMMENT)

To what "Talking Points" are you referring? Do you have a copy or a link?

Most Respectfully,
R

Two anti Semites, out to cause trouble.

image.jpeg

Here is why I disagree.

As their itinerary shows, they were interested in going on the PLO/PA/Fatah/Betselem, etc "Israel occupies Palestinian Land and oppresses the Palestinian People" tour.

And not speak to any Arabs living in Israel, who might disagree with their formed view of Israel.

So, of course they did not want to visit any parts of Israel, nor speak to any Jew or non Jew Israeli.

The real view of Israel would get their brain totally confused and who knows what could have happened next :)
Indeed, so what is Nutandyahoo bitching about?

All of the liars in the news say she was going to Israel.

Last edited:

Indeed, so what in Nutandyahoo bitching about?

All of the liars in the news say she was going to Israel.

Why do you bother posting to me?

What Is Israel Trying to Hide? Reps. Tlaib & Omar Blocked from Taking Official Trip to West Bank

What Is Israel Trying to Hide? Reps. Tlaib & Omar Blocked from Taking Official Trip to West Bank

Your conspiracy theories are a hoot.

Your conspiracy theories are a hoot.

Taliban was granted permission to enter Israel. She refused.

Try and keep current.

He's almost funny, isn't he?

Almost.

Forum List

Back