The Latest: Israeli official: Tlaib, Omar barred from entry

Good on Bibi!:thup:

:21: idiotic woman!

AesajjW.jpg

[ Except that Tlaib does not know, or care what is actually happening to the Palestinians. She does not care that they are given a school curriculum of hatred towards Israel and Jews. She does not care about those "camps" where small children are taught to kill Jews. She does not care that Abbas and others incite all Palestinians to kill Jews, just because they are Jews.
And apparently she has never heard of the Oslo Accords, and how life for all Arab Palestinians would be so different today if Arafat and Abbas had honored them ]

Interior Minister Aryeh Deri on Friday said he would allow Democratic congresswoman Rashida Tlaib, whom Israel barred from visiting the country a day earlier along with her colleague Ilhan Omar, to enter Israel on humanitarian grounds.

Tlaib on Thursday panned the Israeli government for its decision, saying that preventing her from visiting her grandmother in the West Bank was a “sign of weakness” because “the truth of what is happening to Palestinians is frightening.”

(full article online)

In climbdown, Israel says Tlaib can enter to visit her Palestinian family

On again - off again.

My take on this fiasco is that the half-squad trip to Israel was intended to be a propaganda campaign to antagonize Israel, all at US taxpayer expense.

Maybe these two ladies can organize another flotilla.

Tlaib backs out of West Bank trip to visit family, accuses Israel of ‘silencing’ her

After Israel granted her request for a “humanitarian” visit to her Palestinian grandmother, Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., said Friday she wouldn’t make the trip after all.

On again - off again.

My take on this fiasco is that the half-squad trip to Israel was intended to be a propaganda campaign to antagonize Israel, all at US taxpayer expense.

Tlaib backs out of West Bank trip to visit family, accuses Israel of ‘silencing’ her

After Israel granted her request for a “humanitarian” visit to her Palestinian grandmother, Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., said Friday she wouldn’t make the trip after all.
"If I cannot have it MY WAY !!!! "

On again - off again.

I'm sure the Israelis are weeping bitter tears. :auiqs.jpg:

ECGeuEvXsAIUrqm

So proud of her granddaughter. Congress has a constitutional mandate to oversee where American money is being spent overseas. Donald Trump has once again showed America and the world what he thinks of the US Constitution

ECGeuEvXsAIUrqm

So proud of her granddaughter. Congress has a constitutional mandate to oversee where American money is being spent overseas. Donald Trump has once again showed America and the world what he thinks of the US Constitution

Sure sounds like Rashida Tlaib's attitude is "screw grandma. She's not the reason why I want to go to Israel".

It is shameful that our president singles out two elected representatives of a co equal branch and encourages a foreign country to ban them for no reason but their political views. If you cant see how unAmerican this, then I have no words. Imagine if Obama had singled out a couple of Jewish Republican reoresentatives, told them to go backto where they came from, and then encourage a foreign country to ban them.

I have never seen anything like this. I dont CARE what their political views are, this is not good. Not at all. And I am sad that people seem to support it.

:(

I'm not taking sides here. It was just interesting that they were denied entrance due to their views. I wonder what Israel does to its citizens who disagree with the current government's position? Are they allowed to write op eds? Go on tv and "analyze"?

I don't think they were denied entrance due to their "views". They were denied entry due to their itinerary and their outspoken support of an organization which delegitimizes the State of Israel.

And yes, in Israel people are allowed to write op-eds and go on tv and analyze. In contrast to Palestine and Gaza.

Should the US deny Israeli elected officials who arw anti Palestinian then? Israel has a rignt to deny who they wish.

It is the behavior of our president I find more disturbing.

ECGeuEvXsAIUrqm

Sure sounds like Rashida Tlaib's attitude is "screw grandma. She's not the reason why I want to go to Israel".
How dare anyone speak up for the Palestinians.

It is the behavior of our president I find more disturbing.

Agreed. He's an embarrassment.

Edited to add: I don't think his silly comments influenced the Israeli government, though. They made the decision they made for their own reasons.

It is shameful that our president singles out two elected representatives of a co equal branch and encourages a foreign country to ban them for no reason but their political views. If you cant see how unAmerican this, then I have no words. Imagine if Obama had singled out a couple of Jewish Republican reoresentatives, told them to go backto where they came from, and then encourage a foreign country to ban them.

I have never seen anything like this. I dont CARE what their political views are, this is not good. Not at all. And I am sad that people seem to support it.

They are enemies to Israel, and as a separate matter, enemies of the United States as far as I'm concerned.

ECGeuEvXsAIUrqm

How dare anyone speak up for the Palestinians.

Indeed, seeing as there are no "Palestinians".

Freedom of speech is a whole 'nother issue when it's people saying things you don't like, isn't it?

Don’t like it because Enemies of Israel were stopped? Too bad. I can actually see them at the border every Friday night encouraging the Palestinian rioting and condemning the Israeli military
I'm not taking sides here. It was just interesting that they were denied entrance due to their views. I wonder what Israel does to its citizens who disagree with the current government's position? Are they allowed to write op eds? Go on tv and "analyze"?

You are taking sides, first of all. Second of all, free speech has nothing to do with deciding to not grant permission for people to enter your country who promote a movement that exists solely to destabilize your country. Britain doesn’t let people who disagree with them into their country. You have a better case if you complained about them.
You are taking sides, first of all.
Nope. I see both sides. You apparently won't.

They are politicians -- their political views are highly relevant.

Are you saying Israel refused them entry because of TRUMP'S opinion? I've been swallowing this whole line that Israel and the US both refuse entry to those who would harm us.

Forum List

Back