The Landmine In Labeling Someone ‘Black’

And the concept of white privilege is stupid. People are more than welcome to self deprecate or believe they are oppressed by someone else all they want. It doesn't make any of it so.

So now you are going against your own definition of Privilege? Its not that I believe blacks have been oppressed its a matter of record that it is so.

But again, you like these labels, you like these 'concepts' because it gives you someone to place the blame on other than yourself. I get it.

Why are you ignoring what I said. Are you now going against your own definition of Privilege or not? Because if you are going to argue with yourself I can just watch instead.

I'm from a poor 'white' trash family. I have a brother who still is in that. I have a sister that is not. I am not. I have a good friend who grew up in a great family. He has done well for himself. Really well. He is 'black'.

These brush strokes about white and black mean absolutely nothing to anyone except those promoting them.

Yeah you know a black guy doing well but this isnt about one black guy and your white family. This is about society as a whole...that one black guy isnt the norm and neither is your story. Thats why I dont do personal anecdotes
No, you do blanket statements that evade the actual issues.

Such as
Your statement I quoted

It is the Blacks that wanted us to call them Black.
Maybe the NAACP had a point by not changing the name of their organization.

These include cultural affirmations of one's own worth

Like being told I'm white trash by the rich kids in my schools? Was that part of the privilege too?

presumed greater social status; and freedom to move, buy, work, play, and speak freely.

Yeah, like being an outcast because my family couldn't afford to buy me new clothes, or move us out of the double-wide trailer I lived in as a child? Which in turn affected my ability to obtain work due to not having the money for proper clothing? Or not being able to play in the affluent areas for fear of getting a good beating? That white privilege?

The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal.

:lmao:

And people wonder why I laugh so hard at this stupid fucking shit. The broad brush strokers are the one who assume universal conditions and experiences and then claim 'white' people are doing it. Talk about projecting..And dont get that wrong, I have this same argument with white people who try to push this load of bullshit off on me.

Not only does privilege mean that everyone will be successful it also doesnt mean kids will be nice to you either.

Here I'll copy it again because you missed part or wanted to ignore it:

The term denotes both obvious and less obvious passive advantages that white persons may not recognize they have, which distinguishes it from overt bias or prejudice.[2] These include cultural affirmations of one's own worth; presumed greater social status; and freedom to move, buy, work, play, and speak freely.[1] The effects can be seen in professional, educational, and personal contexts.[3] The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal.[4][5]

Not only does privilege mean that everyone will be successful it also doesnt mean kids will be nice to you either.

The term denotes both obvious and less obvious passive advantages that white persons may not recognize they have, which distinguishes it from overt bias or prejudice.[2] These include cultural affirmations of one's own worth; presumed greater social status; and freedom to move, buy, work, play, and speak freely.[1] The effects can be seen in professional, educational, and personal contexts.[3] The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal.[4][5]
But the president and AG both proclaimed they were the victims of white oppression. Explain.

xnF3b7x.jpg

Ignoring it? You're going to great lengths to try and make a point and you're failing at it fucking miserably.

But the president and AG both proclaimed they were the victims of white oppression. Explain.

Explain what?

Explain what?
How you can be such a racist and pretend you are against racism.

It's white privilege, but not for all white people and black people can also obtain some of seen and also subtle privileges.
Ignoring it? You're going to great lengths to try and make a point and you're failing at it fucking miserably.

Oh I can tell its failing by the way you ignore it and raise your own hand in victory...yep

I went line for line of your white privilege wiki quote. The best one is below. And this is where YOU FUCKING FAIL, fella. Miserably fail.

The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal

And people wonder why I laugh so hard at this stupid fucking shit. The broad brush strokers are the one who assume universal conditions and experiences and then claim 'white' people are doing it. Talk about projecting..And dont get that wrong, I have this same argument with white people who try to push this load of bullshit off on me.

Explain what?

He can't help it. It's been indoctrinated into him that he is a victim and he has bought the whole store hook, line and sinker.

Explain what?

...I thought you were talking about Obama and the AG?

Explain what?

He can't help it. It's been indoctrinated into him that he is a victim and he has bought the whole store hook, line and sinker.
It's a common phenomenon.

It's white privilege, but not for all white people and black people can also obtain some of seen and also subtle privileges.

Oh I can tell its failing by the way you ignore it and raise your own hand in victory...yep

I went line for line of your white privilege wiki quote. The best one is below. And this is where YOU FUCKING FAIL, fella. Miserably fail.

The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal

Sure this is silly, you never hear white people dismissing black injustices and saying thats not their experience. Nope never.

But you missed the entire rest of the quote. You'll notice that privilege is not exclusively about not being picked on, or being successful at everything or being the best swimmer....or some other silly shit

But thats cool...you keep cutting off the quote because its hard for you to do deal with.

Explain what?

I'm not a victim...for some reason you keep making this about you and me personally and not blacks and whites in general. Personal attacks *wink wink* is what people do when they really have something *wink*

lol

Sure this is silly, you never hear white people dismissing black injustices and saying thats not their experience. Nope never.

Another broad brush stroke.

ut you missed the entire rest of the quote. You'll notice that privilege is not exclusively about not being picked on, or being successful at everything or being the best swimmer....or some other silly shit

I didn't miss anything I quoted YOUR entire posting for your justification for so called white privilege. You're now trying to project failure onto me to seal some sort of deal. It's pathetic.

You're the one making broad brush strokes, ASSuming universal experiences and marking people based on it with affirmations or judgments. NOT me. I'm well aware there are 'black' injustices. I'm well aware that the fucking world isn't fair. What I refuse to do is blame that on white people like you do.

Explain what?

I'm not a victim...for some reason you keep making this about you and me personally and not blacks and whites in general. Personal attacks *wink wink* is what people do when they really have something *wink*

lol

Maybe because once again, your affliction for broad brush strokes doesn't jive with me. I dont ASSUme universal experiences based on color. THAT is what you're doing. And BTW, you fucking FAILED at it.

Now, have a nice day. I'm getting off this merry-go-round of a debate with you.

Another broad brush stroke.

I guess thats a no you've never heard it before

ut you missed the entire rest of the quote. You'll notice that privilege is not exclusively about not being picked on, or being successful at everything or being the best swimmer....or some other silly shit

I didn't miss anything I quoted YOUR entire posting for your justification for so called white privilege. You're now trying to project failure onto me to seal some sort of deal. It's pathetic.

You're the one making broad brush strokes, ASSuming universal experiences and marking people based on it with affirmations or judgments. NOT me. I'm well aware there are 'black' injustices. I'm well aware that the fucking world isn't fair. What I refuse to do is blame that on white people like you do.[/QUOTE]

Of course you refuse too...You're white fucktard. I would refuse to accept it too.

Except history doesnt change depending on whether you accept it or not.

LOL....you refuse lmao, well duh

Forum List

Back