The KKK A Short History Lesson

You do know Jimmy Carter won the South right ? So quit your B.S. the south switched partys, Only 3 switched sides, Al Gore's dad and the rest remained in the Democrat party

Too bad you're full of shit. Let's see, how about we start with far-left progressive Democrat Woodrow Wilson, who showed the KKK movie "Birth of a Nation" to his cabinet members. Wilson was a profound leftist and racist, and a Democrat.

How about we go to leftist Democrat Franklin D Roosevelt whose racism lead to large numbers of innocent Japanese Americans being put in concentration camps. And he was an anti-Semite as well.

Then we have far-left Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson who stated "I'll have those n*ggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years"

Oh, what party was it to last have a KKK member in congress, why it was the Demoratic Party with none other than Sen. Robert "Sheets" Byrd!

How about Harry Reid's reference to Barack Obama as light skinned with no negro dialect.

How about during the 2008 Democratic primaries, Bill Clinton in reference to Obama told Ted Kennedy, "a few years ago this guy would've been carrying our suitcases for us"

Try as you will to label the right as racist, the fact-of-the-matter is, leftists are the most racist of anyone.

So, your left wing "racists" are, a dead guy, another dead guy, another dead guy, a guy you're trying to make out is a racist, and Bill Clinton who made a comment about how black people would never have been president "a few years ago" because of racism.

Er... you did a pretty bad job there.

A pretty bad job would be that your only reply to my facts are that some of the people I mentioned are dead. Still doesn't change the fact they had the same leftist ideology you do.

You're probably one of those outdated racists who believe anyone outside the white race is too dumb to get anywhere without affirmative action.

What are we talking about here? Are we talking pre-end of WW2? No, we're talking about the present day.

I'm not going to say that there weren't racists in left wing parties a while back. I very much doubt there are any racists in the Democratic Party right now, however I might be wrong, US politics is a little strange state by state.

"You're probably..." no, I'm not. You don't know the first thing about me, yet you make suppositions about me.

But I guess I'd have to feel sorry for you, you really want to deflect attention away from right wing racism, but right wing racism exists and in some places exists quite strongly. It's a problem.

The only deflections I see from racism are coming from you, and the lying, history revisionist, village idiot who started this thread. Racists come from all ethnic backgrounds, skin color, religions and political beliefs. BTW, how about left-wing racist George Takei??? It's also safe to say the racist hate groups the black panthers and la rasa aren't a bunch of right-wingers voting straight GOP tickets. Obama and Eric Holder are racists.

The dumbass who started this thread is revising history and trying to claim there's never been a left-wing racist, only right-wingers are. He needed to be called on it and he was, he got his ass handed to him.

I believe the OP is a hard-core racist and uses posts like this to hide his racism and to fool people into thinking that with history revisionist posts and rants like this, no way he is a racist. He isn't fooling me.

You do know Jimmy Carter won the South right ? So quit your B.S. the south switched partys, Only 3 switched sides, Al Gore's dad and the rest remained in the Democrat party
Not in 1980, Carter only won his home state of Georgia in the South.

Too bad you're full of shit. Let's see, how about we start with far-left progressive Democrat Woodrow Wilson, who showed the KKK movie "Birth of a Nation" to his cabinet members. Wilson was a profound leftist and racist, and a Democrat.

How about we go to leftist Democrat Franklin D Roosevelt whose racism lead to large numbers of innocent Japanese Americans being put in concentration camps. And he was an anti-Semite as well.

Then we have far-left Democrat Lyndon B. Johnson who stated "I'll have those n*ggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years"

Oh, what party was it to last have a KKK member in congress, why it was the Demoratic Party with none other than Sen. Robert "Sheets" Byrd!

How about Harry Reid's reference to Barack Obama as light skinned with no negro dialect.

How about during the 2008 Democratic primaries, Bill Clinton in reference to Obama told Ted Kennedy, "a few years ago this guy would've been carrying our suitcases for us"

Try as you will to label the right as racist, the fact-of-the-matter is, leftists are the most racist of anyone.

I just want to point out that FDR also locked up a large number of German-Americans so maybe racism wasn't his primary motive.

Other than that Great Post!

Not in 1980, Carter only won his home state of Georgia in the South.

Odd. It is almost like he made a mistake.

I mean if he said that Carter won the south, and he didn't win in his re-election campaign then what is he talking about?

Is he lying? Is he insane?

What, what could it possibility be?

Oh, err, maybe a reference to his FIRST presidential campaign that occuried in 1976.

Kind of relevant to the idea that the SOuth switched parties if they were still in play, with a democrat winning them in 76.

Wallace went to black churches to apologize for his segregationist views

Are you sure?

I am damn sure.

• The Redemption of George Wallace - Larry Provost - Page full
    townhall.com/columnists/larryprovost/...wallace.../full
    Townhall.com
    Jul 11, 2014 - Former Alabama Governor George Wallace is today known mostly as the man ... faith and in 1974 gave his testimony of Christ at Thomas Road Baptist Church,... The final Wallace administration saw a record number of black ..

There is what seems to be an organized movement to deny that most racists are Republican, Christian and Conservative. The CONS go back 175 years to when 6 confederate officers formed the KKK because they were pissed that they were losing their source of free labor so they took it out on the Blacks.

The Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is a far right organization, advocating white supremacy, white nationalism, and anti-immigration stances. Their end goal was, is and always has been racial subordination, and to this end they fought way back in their founding against voting rights of black people and the right to keep and bear arms for black people. In Southern cities they opposed unions. They recruit in this century using issues of illegal immigration, urban crime, civil unions and same-sex marriage.

These positions align with the modern day Republican Party’s policies on many issues, which is why I referred to the Party as metaphorically wearing white hoods while they metaphorically took women back to the cave. Let us refrain from trying to explain metaphors to the party who still thinks that satire is what you call being mean in order to get away with it.

At any rate, the parties were not always like this! Change happens. Things evolve over a few centuries. Shocking, I know.

All of the conservative/Republican outrage demonstrated three things. First, Republicans don’t like being called out on their Jim Crow voting laws or their Stand Your Ground gun laws that frequently do not get interpreted the same for black people or women as they do for the whitest man in the room (highest ranker on the patriarchy scale).

They know it’s “bad” to be a racist, and so they will deny the white hood while hiding under the deflection that Democrats wore it first way back in the late 1860s when it was founded by six veterans of the Confederate Army. Yes, Democrats were a big part of the original KKK over 150 years ago. But Democrats were on the other side in 1948 with the addition of civil rights as a campaign plank and on into the fights for Civil Rights in the 60s, losing Southern white voters to the Republican Party. But really, what matters when you are voting is where each party stands TODAY. (The KKK had a resurgence in the 20s by white protestants angry at industrialization and immigration and high on Prohibition and the Bible, and a third big incarnation in reaction to the Civil Rights movement.)

The fact is most Catholics are Dems as are most Jews. The KKK hates Jews and Catholics as much as they hate Blacks. Dems fought for civil rights and most Rethuglicans turned a blind eye.

The CONS aka lying sacks of shit will try to derail this thread and when they do they will increase the risk of getting terminal cancer. Karma is the real deal. Lie at your own risk Republicans.
Pure ignorance. The kkk was started by Democrats to persecution the Republicans. It was the Republicans who defeated them.

There is what seems to be an organized movement to deny that most racists are Republican, Christian and Conservative. The CONS go back 175 years to when 6 confederate officers formed the KKK because they were pissed that they were losing their source of free labor so they took it out on the Blacks.

The Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is a far right organization, advocating white supremacy, white nationalism, and anti-immigration stances. Their end goal was, is and always has been racial subordination, and to this end they fought way back in their founding against voting rights of black people and the right to keep and bear arms for black people. In Southern cities they opposed unions. They recruit in this century using issues of illegal immigration, urban crime, civil unions and same-sex marriage.

These positions align with the modern day Republican Party’s policies on many issues, which is why I referred to the Party as metaphorically wearing white hoods while they metaphorically took women back to the cave. Let us refrain from trying to explain metaphors to the party who still thinks that satire is what you call being mean in order to get away with it.

At any rate, the parties were not always like this! Change happens. Things evolve over a few centuries. Shocking, I know.

All of the conservative/Republican outrage demonstrated three things. First, Republicans don’t like being called out on their Jim Crow voting laws or their Stand Your Ground gun laws that frequently do not get interpreted the same for black people or women as they do for the whitest man in the room (highest ranker on the patriarchy scale).

They know it’s “bad” to be a racist, and so they will deny the white hood while hiding under the deflection that Democrats wore it first way back in the late 1860s when it was founded by six veterans of the Confederate Army. Yes, Democrats were a big part of the original KKK over 150 years ago. But Democrats were on the other side in 1948 with the addition of civil rights as a campaign plank and on into the fights for Civil Rights in the 60s, losing Southern white voters to the Republican Party. But really, what matters when you are voting is where each party stands TODAY. (The KKK had a resurgence in the 20s by white protestants angry at industrialization and immigration and high on Prohibition and the Bible, and a third big incarnation in reaction to the Civil Rights movement.)

The fact is most Catholics are Dems as are most Jews. The KKK hates Jews and Catholics as much as they hate Blacks. Dems fought for civil rights and most Rethuglicans turned a blind eye.

The CONS aka lying sacks of shit will try to derail this thread and when they do they will increase the risk of getting terminal cancer. Karma is the real deal. Lie at your own risk Republicans.
Pure ignorance. The kkk was started by Democrats to persecution the Republicans. It was the Republicans who defeated them.
Yes, Conservative Democrats founded the KKK.

How do you argue with hate filled bigots who end their diatribe with the words "lying sacks of shit"? It really ain't worth it.

Yes, Conservative Democrats founded the KKK.

Nice try. The dens were about control then and that hasn't changed

Forum List

Back