The Killian memos- Dubya's finest moment

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
The libs were all over George W. Bush like white on rice, trying to accuse him of cowardice during the Vietnam War in 2004.

The problem Kerry et al were having is that the event was over 30 years previously, and they had no proof. But that didn't stop dirty tricks artists like Rather and Mapes from working on this to defeat President Bush.

Rove's plan, to utilize the great Roger Stone to plant phony documents in the hands of Rather was tremendous. Rove knew that Rather's Bush hatred and Obsession would blind him to the obvious forgeries and he'd run them on the air without checking.

I can just imagine that evening, Bush, Rove and Stone having a fantastic time guffawing at the libs while watching 60 minutes and how they fell into a trap, merely because of their own Raw Hatred.

The Case of the Phony Memos

The media's prince Dan Rather made the mistake of thinking that he was so popular that republicans would immediately cave in to allegations contained in fake documents but he was wrong. Rather and his team had to take a permanent leave of absence but he should have been charged with treason.

The media's prince Dan Rather made the mistake of thinking that he was so popular that republicans would immediately cave in to allegations contained in fake documents but he was wrong. Rather and his team had to take a permanent leave of absence but he should have been charged with treason.

I don't think Rather knew the docs were fake. He didn't care enough to check them out.

But IMHO, Rove and Stone just used his insane hatred for Dubya to give him the fake docs

I don't think Rather knew the docs were fake. He didn't care enough to check them out.

But IMHO, Rove and Stone just used his insane hatred for Dubya to give him the fake docs[/QUOTE
It was Rather's responsibility to make sure his information was correct before he submitted it. Maybe he was suffering from anti-republican psychosis but that's no excuse.

But IMHO, Rove and Stone just used his insane hatred for Dubya to give him the fake docs[/QUOTE
It was Rather's responsibility to make sure his information was correct before he submitted it. Maybe he was suffering from anti-republican psychosis but that's no excuse.

Absolutely. As a reporter it was his job to verify the documents before showing them on TV.

But I honestly don't think he forged the docs himself nor were they forged at his request.

His "hope" that he was going to destroy the Bush Dynasty and his hatred of the Bushes meant he was going to assume the worst and broadcast them without vetting.

While we are at it it seems that Kerry might have committed treason while he was still in the Naval Reserves. It's alleged that he met with V.C. representatives during the Vietnam War. while on a "vacation" in Paris. The mainstream media of course wasn't interested in investigating.

Forum List

Back