Which are the toughtest and coolest US Forces?

Coolest? By what standard? Cartoons? Video games? Cool uniforms? Give me a break, you can't even spell "toughest" with a spell checker.

They're all tough. The coolest ones are those stationed in Alaska, where the temperature sometimes reaches -50.

But they don't mind the cold, because they're tough.

Last edited:
Space Command

main-qimg-f1b660e16067c28cb9c809c6230d3336-c

President Trump's establishment of a new US Space Cadets branch of the military requires a lot of toughness.

Marching on the rings of Saturn is rough, and battling Klingons and other alien races makes them head over heels the toughest/coolest IMHO

Navy Seals? Green Berets? Etc.?

Honestly, having dealt with different aspects of the military, through family and relatives that all were in the armed forces....

The question is unfair. Every single part of the military has a purpose. And every part is strong, deadly, and tough, in their specific area of expertise.

To suggest that one group is better or worse than another, is just unfair. Have you flown a combat mission, and had missiles targeting your plane from 3 different directions, and still managed to hit your target, and get out without being blown out of the sky?

Would you suggest a man capable of that, is not 'tough'?

I have a relative that was in the marines as a truck driver. Would you consider him not tough? He was 250 lbs of pure muscle. He had his truck hit by an IED in Iraq, his buddy in the truck with him, was injured in the explosion that happened at night. He carried his buddy on one shoulder, and carried his rifle in the other hand, and walked him in the dark, back to base camp where they saved his life.

Was he tough or not?

So I'm not big on comparing divisions of the armed forces against each other. I don't meet many men that come out of any branch of the armed forces, that are not tough.

Honestly, having dealt with different aspects of the military, through family and relatives that all were in the armed forces....

The question is unfair. Every single part of the military has a purpose. And every part is strong, deadly, and tough, in their specific area of expertise.

To suggest that one group is better or worse than another, is just unfair. Have you flown a combat mission, and had missiles targeting your plane from 3 different directions, and still managed to hit your target, and get out without being blown out of the sky?

Would you suggest a man capable of that, is not 'tough'?

I have a relative that was in the marines as a truck driver. Would you consider him not tough? He was 250 lbs of pure muscle. He had his truck hit by an IED in Iraq, his buddy in the truck with him, was injured in the explosion that happened at night. He carried his buddy on one shoulder, and carried his rifle in the other hand, and walked him in the dark, back to base camp where they saved his life.

Was he tough or not?

So I'm not big on comparing divisions of the armed forces against each other. I don't meet many men that come out of any branch of the armed forces, that are not tough.

Thats true. All who serve for their country deserve our respect.

Hey Mort, why don't you try it and let us know.

Im too old and mentally and physically dont meet the requirements. Im also not american, but I could try in austria but Im too old and dont meet the psychological and physical requirements. I was interested in serving as police man. But Im excluded because I have a history of mental problems and psychic ilness and diagnosis. Also I dont meet the basic physical requirements like weight, and I would need if I apply to go through a selection process where I need to run, to do push ups and swimm. I cant run and I cannot swimm. Well I never learned to swimm.

Navy is the toughest, in my biased view. Only a little over half get in.

That said, consideration should be given to what it is that you're trying to accomplish in real time, irrelevant of branch.

I was in the USMC
...all the forces are great....
..the USMC can be more picky in choosing who joins since there are much less Marines than Army
...the Army has Delta Force, Rangers, and the Green Berets
...the Navy has the SEALS
..the USMC has Force Recon and MARSOC Raiders [ I think they call them that--never had them when I was in ]..

....Delta Force and SEALS are the usual go to for anti-terrorists crap
..we had Delta Force on our ship which we trained with .......the Marines' mission would be to isolate an area if needed....we were off Beirut in 1987
...we also had SEALS on our ship .....

Israeli Air Force... highest number of air-to-air jet kills in the world.

The military departments today needs people but are more apt to throw your azz out if you get into trouble then in the past. Perhaps being more technical is a reason. And it seems they expect you to keep moving up in rank if you have plans to be a lifer.

Forum List

Back