The Kerner commission on 50 year Black condition.

At some point, black people are going to have to stop blaming "inequality" for all of their failings.
No. At some point the Blacks still laying down after blaming inequality will have to learn to outwork whites. It does zero good to tell whites that they are bad guys. They already know what they are doing. If they cared they wouldnt be racist. What the Black people laying down need to understand is that by laying down they are doing exactly what the racists want.

At some point, black people are going to have to stop blaming "inequality" for all of their failings.
No. At some point the Blacks still laying down after blaming inequality will have to learn to outwork whites. It does zero good to tell whites that they are bad guys. They already know what they are doing. If they cared they wouldnt be racist. What the Black people laying down need to understand is that by laying down they are doing exactly what the racists want.

or maybe they're doing what comes naturally

Its natural to take the path of least resistance. Matter of fact its a law of nature to conserve energy. The problem with that is that whites are racist and they erect obstacles for you to navigate.

Uhhhhh....it does not make sense to say blacks are blaming ALL their problems on inequality. Black people are blaming the inequality on racism.....they are not blaming ALL their problems on racism.....just the inequality.
..they are over represented in good, quality jobs--especially considering they graduate at lower levels...I've linked the job numbers before
..if they want to blame their graduation levels on racism [ slavery ]/etc --fine...that might be the case
..but blaming it on inequality is wrong
..what inequality?

but we see too many blacks blame it on stupid shit--like cops/etc !!!
RACISM everywhere!!it's everywhere and every white is racist !!!

Its natural to take the path of least resistance. Matter of fact its a law of nature to conserve energy. The problem with that is that whites are racist and they erect obstacles for you to navigate.

You mean like anti-discrimination laws and diversity hiring practices?

White bigotry definitely helped create him , I understand that , but I don't like how they use it as even " A doctrine within their statues", and I am against that. I am not into religions, Muslims , Christianity , any of them. I agree with some statues in religions, just not all. I think Farrakhan is too prejudiced to be something like Martin Luther King was. Now I think he was a hope for Black people. I think Farrakhan has a place in putting a different kind of pride in some Blacks , his organization does indeed expound on some positive things for Blacks; image in how to dress, good eating practices, education in Black history, positive self image in some avenues in thinking, family values , just to mention a few.

Actually Farrakhan is about the same pride King was. The only reason you whites like King is because you imagine this nice soft back guy who mad whites feel comfortable. But has not what King was. And you need to remember he was murdered so let's not pretend he was widely accepted by whites as the proper hope for blacks. I don't think Farrakhan is all that prejudiced. There are whites in the Nation of Islam. I attended the Million Man March ad Farrakhan stayed at the white owned downtown Marriott and not the black owned hotel. Whites generally don't like haring a black man or woman speaking forcefully about whites and what they keep doing. But I do agree with your opinion on the NOI.

Farrakhan means nothing to me , and I feel absolutely no obligation to him ; I hold no need to throw my support at those I don't agree with , neither did President Obama;

Farrakhan: Don't Abandon Obama Over Remark

Malcom X had his problems with Farrakhans faction as well.

Farrakhan Regrets Role In Malcolm X's Death

Who asked you to support anything? Please tell me. I don't care if Obama liked Farrakhan or not either. I am not a member of the NOI. I just said to you that what Farrakhan teaches relative to pride, self respect and self reliance is the same thing King was. One thing that really pisses me off is when a white person tries telling us about what blacks were. You started this thread then declared how great America has been for blacks. Are you black? I not, how do you know?

Yes I am Black , and I disagree that Farrakhans kind of pride was the same as Kings kind ; totally different .
I don't agree because on principle it's the same. The theology is different. But I am not a member if the NOI and never will be. We don't really know what Kings philosophy would have ended up being since he was killed. At the time he was killed he was growing very angry about how racist his nation really was.

I think King was growing more aware of racism , he fought it so much, but I think his philosophy would not have gone radical or anything like that because of his spiritual beliefs were stronger. That is just my speculation on him. He was a good man.

I just wonder what Malcom X would have been like if he lived? He was starting to change philosophy as well.

No. I mean like good ole boy networks, not promoting the Blacks they do hire, and only hiring the minimum number of "minorities" required which can be a white woman who just so happen to benefit the most from your discrimination laws and diversity hiring practices. :rolleyes:

No. I mean like good ole boy networks, not promoting the Blacks they do hire, and only hiring the minimum number of "minorities" required which can be a white woman who just so happen to benefit the most from your discrimination laws and diversity hiring practices. :rolleyes:

You know what I think is interesting? Of all the nations in the world that have anti-discrimination laws on the books, the majority of them are European.

You know what I think is interesting? Of all the nations in the world that have anti-discrimination laws on the books, the majority of them are European.
Its called bullshit. What they do is make all the motions but there is absolutely zero substance to their anti-discrimination laws. In the case of the US it only has served to create laws that now help their white women get the jobs.

Its called bullshit. What they do is make all the motions but there is absolutely zero substance to their anti-discrimination laws. In the case of the US it only has served to create laws that now help their white women get the jobs.

In other words, nothing will ever satisfy your black ass

In other words, nothing will ever satisfy your black ass
A level playing field would satisfy me. How much help do you need?

Maybe that's because the europeans were the only ones racially discriminating?

Actually Farrakhan is about the same pride King was. The only reason you whites like King is because you imagine this nice soft back guy who mad whites feel comfortable. But has not what King was. And you need to remember he was murdered so let's not pretend he was widely accepted by whites as the proper hope for blacks. I don't think Farrakhan is all that prejudiced. There are whites in the Nation of Islam. I attended the Million Man March ad Farrakhan stayed at the white owned downtown Marriott and not the black owned hotel. Whites generally don't like haring a black man or woman speaking forcefully about whites and what they keep doing. But I do agree with your opinion on the NOI.

Farrakhan means nothing to me , and I feel absolutely no obligation to him ; I hold no need to throw my support at those I don't agree with , neither did President Obama;

Farrakhan: Don't Abandon Obama Over Remark

Malcom X had his problems with Farrakhans faction as well.

Farrakhan Regrets Role In Malcolm X's Death

Who asked you to support anything? Please tell me. I don't care if Obama liked Farrakhan or not either. I am not a member of the NOI. I just said to you that what Farrakhan teaches relative to pride, self respect and self reliance is the same thing King was. One thing that really pisses me off is when a white person tries telling us about what blacks were. You started this thread then declared how great America has been for blacks. Are you black? I not, how do you know?

Yes I am Black , and I disagree that Farrakhans kind of pride was the same as Kings kind ; totally different .
I don't agree because on principle it's the same. The theology is different. But I am not a member if the NOI and never will be. We don't really know what Kings philosophy would have ended up being since he was killed. At the time he was killed he was growing very angry about how racist his nation really was.

I think King was growing more aware of racism , he fought it so much, but I think his philosophy would not have gone radical or anything like that because of his spiritual beliefs were stronger. That is just my speculation on him. He was a good man.

I just wonder what Malcom X would have been like if he lived? He was starting to change philosophy as well.

I don't really consider Farrakhan radical. Not on matters of race. As for the religious teachings yes. I think King was fully aware of racism when he stated, What I do beleive is that he really thought he could appeal to the souls of whites and create a moral change. But he found out that he really couldn't. X was getting away from the NOI and becoming a true Muslim before he was killed. I think he may have surpassed King because he spoke in plain simple working class style and he did not really change anything about his personal philosophy. He was not going to preach non violence in the face of violence no matter how log he lived. However had both these men lived I think we as blacks would be much better off now. King was taking about economic equality before he was murdered and X had talked about that long before King. And that is what we need to be focusing on now.

There are no bigger racists on the planet than blacks.

They need to get over their racism or move back to Africa.

America is a dream land for blacks. They have it made here, and if you don't think so, then see my statement above.

I don't think you cab say the things you are and be considered sane. I'm black and it say it is not. My opinion on this matter holds more weight than yours. And since I was born here, I don't have to do shit but fight the racism whites like you keep trying to impose until you quit trying to impose it..
Your response proves my point. You yourself are a flaming racist. You're consumed with racism, and your hate for whitey is dripping off your post.

I said nothing racist in my post. Nice try.
The fact that you're here peddling racism discussion non stop pointing out the faults of whitey proves you're a racist.

Nice try.

The fact we are here in the race and racism section whereby I am holding whitey responsible for what whitey has done doesn't prove I am a racist.

Nice try.
I'm sorry... I must have missed where you were a SLAVE or something... did you just get out of BONDAGE?

If you're a FAILURE, which it appears you are because you have an excuse for everything being someone else's fault, and since you're a racist your favorite excuse is WHITEY... blame it ALL on whitey... ya... that's a winner... it's ALL WHITEY'S FAULT.

Well tell me mister BLACK MAN... how in the FUCK did obama get ELECTED PRESIDENT, not once but TWICE, if WHITE Americans are so damn RACIST?

You've got NO argument other than pathetic BULL SHIT. You are nothing more than a flaming BLACK RACIST CRY BABY and FAILURE.

I'm surprised you haven't asked for your REPARATIONS yet... more SOMETHING for NOTHING.

Go pound sand... RACIST.

The Kerner Commission gave a good report overall. The Black race will survive in America.

The Black race will survive multiple millennia after america has crumbled.

You know, I often wonder , in this nuclear age, IF America got teamed upped on and we loose a horrible war, just how things would be here then. If we had to rebuild and they leave us alone in our defeat, I think we would work together then; like we used to. Eat a very humble pie.

I see so much hatred , but I see so much love as well. I openly discuss racism, knowing I still have remnants of it in me , which is hard to explain to some Whites because of that great chasm which exist in our races and our obvious difference in conscious thinking on these incredible sensitive interrelating issues we hold to. And we Blacks often don't get their point of views as well. I mean I do try, but I still see a unique blindness in some Whites about this, its as if it just does not get into their conscious awareness concerning the deep pool of racism and how much of it we had to swim through , and still have to be criticized for being wet.

I don't think you cab say the things you are and be considered sane. I'm black and it say it is not. My opinion on this matter holds more weight than yours. And since I was born here, I don't have to do shit but fight the racism whites like you keep trying to impose until you quit trying to impose it..
Your response proves my point. You yourself are a flaming racist. You're consumed with racism, and your hate for whitey is dripping off your post.

I said nothing racist in my post. Nice try.
The fact that you're here peddling racism discussion non stop pointing out the faults of whitey proves you're a racist.

Nice try.

The fact we are here in the race and racism section whereby I am holding whitey responsible for what whitey has done doesn't prove I am a racist.

Nice try.
I'm sorry... I must have missed where you were a SLAVE or something... did you just get out of BONDAGE?

If you're a FAILURE, which it appears you are because you have an excuse for everything being someone else's fault, and since you're a racist your favorite excuse is WHITEY... blame it ALL on whitey... ya... that's a winner... it's ALL WHITEY'S FAULT.

Well tell me mister BLACK MAN... how in the FUCK did obama get ELECTED PRESIDENT, not once but TWICE, if WHITE Americans are so damn RACIST?

You've got NO argument other than pathetic BULL SHIT. You are nothing more than a flaming BLACK RACIST CRY BABY and FAILURE.

I'm surprised you haven't asked for your REPARATIONS yet... more SOMETHING for NOTHING.

Go pound sand... RACIST.

Oh lookee here the white boy got all pissy. Obama damn sure didn't elected because if whites. You see buthurt white boy, your race has be given all you have by legislation. Now you go pound the sand and I'll just keep doing what I do.

You know, I often wonder , in this nuclear age, IF America got teamed upped on and we loose a horrible war, just how things would be here then. If we had to rebuild and they leave us alone in our defeat, I think we would work together then; like we used to. Eat a very humble pie.

I see so much hatred , but I see so much love as well. I openly discuss racism, knowing I still have remnants of it in me , which is hard to explain to some Whites because of that great chasm which exist in our races and our obvious difference in conscious thinking on these incredible sensitive interrelating issues we hold to. And we Blacks often don't get their point of views as well. I mean I do try, but I still see a unique blindness in some Whites about this, its as if it just does not get into their conscious awareness concerning the deep pool of racism and how much of it we had to swim through , and still have to be criticized for being wet.

How old are you?

How old are you?

I am 62.

Forum List

Back