The ingenious composition of Barrack Obama s inauguration speech

Munin

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2008
I found it a very good speech because it seemed to show he was sending a clear message to everyone, like he had something to say to everyone who listened and everyone could relate to something he said.

He talked to Americans, too World leaders, christians, muslims, non-believers, terrorists, democrats, republicans, afro-Americans, ...

It was the most effective speech yet because it was the first speech that actually had implications on the world scene and not just with an election.

Some felt they were even to involved in the speech: Barack Obama inauguration: China cuts references to communism from speech - Telegraph

His whole speech seemed to be having multiple different purposes, other then just one purpose (a theme).

here is his speech btw:
text format: President Barack Obama's Inaugural Address: The Full Text - TIME

youtube format:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZKmo8Ihi08&feature=related]YouTube - Barack Obama Inauguration Speech (Part 1 of 2) Inaugural Speech Address[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxswzd16lM8&feature=related]YouTube - Barack Obama Inauguration Speech Part 2 of 2 - January 20th 2009 [HQ][/ame]

I find this speech truly ingenious, because he seemed to please almost all Americans and allies displease only the biggest enemies of the US, try to convert nations to the side of the US.

He angered China. FAIL

No that is a good thing, you re messing shit up now.
The US making a commie angry is a positive thing too happen. :razz:

He would have failed if the Chinese Communist government would be applauding, because then he would be betraying America.

Last edited:
A good speech is a combination of content and form.

He had both of these in his inaugeration speech.

People are motivated by words. If he can get Americans to work together with his speaking abilities, then he is a good leader. Now if he is able to follow with actions, he will be a great leader.

To say he is an empty suit, like some have done, because he has been successful in moving people to his cause by his speaking abilities is total partisan bovine droppings.

I found it a very good speech because it seemed to show he was sending a clear message to everyone, like he had something to say to everyone who listened and everyone could relate to something he said.

Yes, Obama does have a way with words. The only problem is, I've heard all this for the past 18 months or so. I know, it was in inauguration speech but I was hoping he'd change course a bit and give something other than his standard 'we can do it' spiel. Honestly, I don't know any more about what his actual plan(s) of action(s) is/are than when he first popped onto the scene. Talk is cheap; its what you do that counts.

No that is a good thing, you re messing shit up now.
The US making a commie angry is a positive thing too happen. :razz:

He would have failed if the Chinese Communist government would be applauding, because then he would be betraying America.

Uh, right. Piss-off the next super-power. Remember the Soviet Union? You're probably too young to remember.

Yes, Obama does have a way with words. The only problem is, I've heard all this for the past 18 months or so. I know, it was in inauguration speech but I was hoping he'd change course a bit and give something other than his standard 'we can do it' spiel. Honestly, I don't know any more about what his actual plan(s) of action(s) is/are than when he first popped onto the scene. Talk is cheap; its what you do that counts.

Well yes, but by saying this he is doing things. He is changing the image of the US.

In this case "talk" was not cheap, it possible even changed attitudes from other countries towards the US. That is the thing I noticed most by Obama, many people tend to say he didn't do nothing yet but that is actually wrong. He changed the attitude/mindset of the American people and foreign Nations towards the US as a Nation (Even Fidel Castro and his brother Raul Castro).

He possibly changed even streetnames/villagenames and the wealth of the village his father was born in Kenia by getting elected.

But it s true that the biggest work is ahead but he does give the impression that he is working already.

Last edited:
Uh, right. Piss-off the next super-power. Remember the Soviet Union? You're probably too young to remember.

Yeah, but the Soviet Union was an equal power. China however is not a super-power yet and is dependent on the US.

Well yes, but by saying this he is doing things. He is changing the image of the US.

In this case "talk" was not cheap, it possible even changed attitudes from other countries towards the US. That is the thing I noticed most by Obama, many people tend to say he didn't do nothing yet but that is actually wrong. He changed the attitude/mindset of the American people and foreign Nations towards the US as a Nation (Even Fidel Castro and his brother Raul Castro).

He possibly changed even streetnames/villagenames and the wealth of the village his father was born in Kenia by getting elected.

But it s true that the biggest work is ahead but he does give the impression that he is working already.

Perhaps . . . but I tend to believe that actions speak louder than words. Too many presidents have made promises and sold pipedreams that failed to materialize. I don't know that he changed any nations minds, per say, but many, many people seem to revel in his words. They look starstruck to me. Action will be the true test of his words.

China not a super power?:confused:

No, a true superpower can depend on its own market for its income. If China would now be cut of from US and European markets it would loose at least more then half of its income.

China however has become a strong player on the international scene, but its impact is still contained by the Western Countries.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back