The Idiots They Raise

It used to be that people didn't talk about their salaries - at all. You're probably right, but the problem started long ago ... when I was a kid, kids went outside and rode bikes, skated, etc. just as we were. Today, if they do these things they're in full hockey gear. In school, everybody has to have an equal standing - no standout students so the low achievers won't get their feelings hurt ... actually everybody has to be coddled about everything. When they get out in the real world ... they aren't prepared for the harsh realities of life. And to spend 80% of her salary on rent???!! Didn't anybody teach this girl anything?

I don't think this has anything to do with being a Millennial. It is the attitude that one-half of the political spectrum teaches as being normal.

If you are employed in a low-wage job, you are a "victim" and need Government to increase the Minimum Wage so that you will be better off. The ideas that (a) you agreed to work for that wage, and (b) if you think you are worth more you have every opportunity to find some other employer who will pay you more, are totally lost.

In a sense, you shouldn't blame the politicians, most of whom have never actually had a job, but blame people who live in the real world and accept this nonsense as correct thinking.

In today's mobile society if a young, unattached person chooses to live in an ultra-high cost of living area like San Francisco or New York, and are unaware of the sacrifices that will have to be made...something was missing in their maturation process.

She's the poster child for her generation's dimwits. A college graduate 100% ill prepared to function in today's world.

Previous generations...work, work, work. These clowns today...gimme, gimme, gimme. Liberalism at its finest.

It used to be that people didn't talk about their salaries - at all. You're probably right, but the problem started long ago ... when I was a kid, kids went outside and rode bikes, skated, etc. just as we were. Today, if they do these things they're in full hockey gear. In school, everybody has to have an equal standing - no standout students so the low achievers won't get their feelings hurt ... actually everybody has to be coddled about everything. When they get out in the real world ... they aren't prepared for the harsh realities of life. And to spend 80% of her salary on rent???!! Didn't anybody teach this girl anything?

The Apple never falls far from the tree. More than likely she is an exact replica of her parents... Or at least one of them.

In time she will either grow up or face the consequences of her indifference.

Unfortunately, likely the latter.

An adult life of bitterness and anger while blaming everyone but herself.

Growing up in the 80's (graduated high school 1983) our generation wanted everything that our parents had RIGHT NOW...but were willing to work ourselves to death to get it. We were indeed the "material generation".
Millenials also want everything that we now have -RIGHT NOW...but are not willing to work for it.

Growing up in the 80's (graduated high school 1983) our generation wanted everything that our parents had RIGHT NOW...but were willing to work ourselves to death to get it. We were indeed the "material generation".
Millenials also want everything that we now have -RIGHT NOW...but are not willing to work for it.

Luckily it is not all of them.

Their kind are legion, but most grow out of and away from that mentality once reality bites them in their worthless ass.

I've had the fortunate experience of beating, (not literally), that mentality out of some of them for some time and have gotten great pleasure out of the outcome.

Yep, no more MVP's on the baseball team. Lieele JOhnny, although he sux royal, deserves a trophy too

-Geaux

Their kind are legion, but most grow out of and away from that mentality once reality bites them in their worthless ass.

I've had the fortunate experience of beating, (not literally), that mentality out of some of them for some time and have gotten great pleasure out of the outcome.

You ever watch the show "Shark Tank"?
It is interesting when the people asking for money are in their 20's...they always-always WAAAY overvalue their idea or company. One after another basically expecting the investors to pay them for sales that haven't happen yet.
That is their mentality.

You ever watch the show "Shark Tank"?
It is interesting when the people asking for money are in their 20's...they always-always WAAAY overvalue their idea or company. One after another basically expecting the investors to pay them for sales that haven't happen yet.
That is their mentality.
I've caught it a few times.

I rarely watch t.v.

Long days and short nights.

Very little down time.

She will learn, her instruction just appears to be taking place in public, whereas those of us who did not grow up on social media learned in private.

It would have been better if her parents had taught her to live within her means, as I have taught my kids. We paid/pay for my kids college expenses, but they have to cover living expenses (they are 18 and 22). My daughter did not have a car at school till she was a senior. She works 2 part-time jobs for cash. My son is still at home and a freshman at community college. He is a smart kid and works hard. Parents don't do their kids any favors by doing too much.

On the other hand, I would be embarrassed to pay people $8 an hour. You get what you pay for. I run an agency and I have to raise the money to pay my new hires myself, which means more work for me to bump people above minimum. I try to pay people what I think is a fair wage for their work. I think it would be embarrassing to have it come out that you pay educated people less than McDonald's does.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back