The idea of a fair trial

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
Of course, this is impossible right now, but in principle it is possible.

Modern justice is rotten. In America, it is still better than in Europe, but still everything is drowning in bureaucracy and sophistry.

The purpose of justice system is to uphold justice. The institution of lawyers contradicts this: justice cannot depend on money for a good lawyer.
It's like buying indulgences

The idea is to introduce a separate Court of Truth. The mechanism is simple: the person who harmed or killed the villain falls under the jurisdiction of the Court of Truth. If it is proved that the "victim" was a villain, the person is amnestied or receives a light punishment.

Society is interested in being cleansed of villains. Ordinary citizens can help in this.

To do this, you need to make a list of atrocities that concern the issue. It should only be obvious heavy crimes, such as murder for money, rape, and so on.

• Banned
Moonglow
In any case, Cain Velasquez would be free, and people would be more calm about the children they sent to kindergarten

• Banned
No one says you will be treated fairly in your life by humans.
"People" is including villains. The villain covers the villain.
A fair attitude must be on the part of the Сourt of Truth. Not a matter what some "people" want.

Before the covid hit I sat on a grand jury and there was a bunch of sketchy shit that was laid before us. Nothing earth shattering but one charge in particular and what happened afterwards makes you think about the whole "justice" thing.

Cop pulls guy over for suspected DUI, cop asks driver to exit the vehicle, cops stands too close to door and gets knocked on his ass for his trouble when guy opens it, cop charges guy with assault on a police officer. No injury and upon questioning the officer it was found that the drunk guy helped him to his feet.....We no-billed the assault charge.

Low and behold after we broke for lunch and came back the foreman told us that the DA had come in and pulled the other couple assault on a police officer charges we were slated to hear that day.....It was our last day before another GJ would take over.

The biggest problem we have with our justice system is the plea bargain system. Most accused do not have the money to pay for a private lawyer, so are forced to get a public defender. Most public defenders are overwhelmed with cases so finding you innocent will not happen. They get you to take a plea bargain. If you do than you'll be found guilty and loose all rights to appeal.
If you should take it to trial and are found guilty than they will impose the harshest sentence allowed. It's a no win situation.

I was on jury duty quite a bit in the 1980s and up into the 2000s. It all worked well from what I have seen. It took 3 years to find one fella innocent. All that time he sat in jail. So that sucked for him but the system worked. one trial the defendant had a public defender and he kicked butt, to put it mildly, I would like to have him as my lawyer if ever get in trouble. I understand about the plea deal issue I also think it sucks. The only reform I would make is to make sure that public defenders are not overwhelmed so regular working Americans can get a top-notch legal defense. Maybe make it more of a priority in the Budget or some sort of private funding.

Moonglow
In any case, Cain Velasquez would be free, and people would be more calm about the children they sent to kindergarten

As a father I can understand why he did what he did. Did he have proof?

The justice system is not operated on emotion. It must be clear and logical.

Vigilante justice is not allowed.

Forum List

Back