The hypocracy of conservative charity

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by spectrumc01, Dec 9, 2011.

1. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    The hypocracy of conservative charity.

As a conservative you believe in helping yourself and taking personal responsibility for yourself. You are stuggling because of the choices you make. Giving more unemployment extensions promotes unemployment. Make the welfare people do voulunteer work for their checks (isn't that like working for your pay i.e. a paying government job?, different thread). Give a hand up not a hand out. Give a man a fish and he eats for the day, teach a man how to fish he eats forever. I don't want the government doing charity work, if I want to give I'll give and to whom I want to give to. There are other things you can donate besides money.:eusa_shifty:

Than they go and do the exact opposite. Why don't these principals ever apply to the people they are helping. If you want the guy to eat for ever quit giving him food, and get him a job. Taking the elderly meals is great, but why can't you cook their own food? Homes for humanity, really, just going to give them a home for next to nothing? I'll build my own home for that. Donations to charitys is great, but have you seen what the CEO' of these "non-profit" organization make? Six figures plus perks (Charity Navigator: Non-Profit CEO Pay and Government Funding). If large enough the donation the tax breaks kick in, but I'm sure they never claim that. Look at they tell you about the poor and why and than compare that to what they do for charity and notice the contradictions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,899
    The prime difference you between charity via taxation and true charity you do on your own is choice. When government gets into charity it forces you to pay into it, then performs the charity based on the views of a small minority of activists and advocates. When you perform your own charitable giving, you can decide where it goes, be it a soup kitchen, habitat for humainity, or some form of job creating charity.

Most conservatives issue isnt with charity itself, it is governments getting into the charity business.

3. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    We are looking at the idea behind the charity itself. The idea for denying charity is contrary to the act itself of being charitable.

4. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,609
    Yup. I agree.

I prefer to pick and choose the charities I give to. The Govt has decided that those with need to support those without.

Doesn't fly in my book. If you don't have. Get off your ass and go get it.

5. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    That is my point, if you truly believe in "If you don't have. Get off your ass and go get it." Why are you doing charity work at all? The basic concept of charity is giving to people who won't get off their ass and go get it.

6. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,701
    How is it 'charity' when compelled (by law) to do it?

7. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,234
    [​IMG]

8. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    The discussion isn't about the law it is about the idea of charity itself and how is in conflict with the conservative idea of self reliance, and personal responsibility. The two concepts appear to be polar opposite.

9. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,663
    Your first paragraph was right on!

So how much do you want to pay a CEO of a charitable organization? They are responsible for thousands of employees and volunteer people not to menmtion managing logistics of quite a big job. Then just in passing, helping out millions of people. I don't begrudge them a cent. Their worthwhile efforts help people dramatically that might not have recovered from disasters.

10. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I have found that when an emergency happens people step to the plate. Weather the red cross is there or not aid will still be rendered. People will not just give up because there is not a red cross. These CEO's have filled not one sandbag, or unloaded one truck of supplies, unless it was for the camera's. They should at least give the impression they understand what their job is andwhere their pay comes from. Their pay comes from me and you, we have donated our money so this person can live high one the hog. The nice thing about it is I don't have to pay their salary.