The hottest July on record

anyone notice that plant growth is responding to the increased CO2...thus pumping out more O2.....

somehow i see mother nature correcting this moment ...... and that global cooling will be the next issue....

That's why I don't talk much about temperatures, my mantra being "IT'S THE GASES, STUPID". It's simple logic. If CO2 and the other GHGs absorb infra-red radiation, more gas will trap more radiation. Some of the most potent gases are not found in nature. Where would they be coming from, if not man?
yet the amount that man puts in is minimal compared to what nature puts in

A 40% increase in CO2, a 150% increase in CH4, and some industrial gasses that are thousands of times as effective a CO2 in minimal? In what alternative reality are you living in?

Perhaps you would care to explain the the American Institute of Physics why they are wrong when they flat out state that the effects of the GHGs are anything but minimal.
a 40% increase of something that is minimal to begin with is next to insignificant

yet more anecdotal evidence that you use only when it supports you and ignore when it doesnt'

That's why I don't talk much about temperatures, my mantra being "IT'S THE GASES, STUPID". It's simple logic. If CO2 and the other GHGs absorb infra-red radiation, more gas will trap more radiation. Some of the most potent gases are not found in nature. Where would they be coming from, if not man?
yet the amount that man puts in is minimal compared to what nature puts in

what are you talking about.

a 40% increase in the 3% of GHG produced by man is absolutely catastrophic there is a HUGE difference between 3% and 3.12% didn't you know that?

Just drink the Kool Aid and chant

"We're all gonna die"
"We're all gonna die"

In Florida....

LAKELAND | If you think it's hotter than a ... you're sweating like a ... you think it's hot enough to fry an ... you're not alone.

And if this heating trend continues, it's on track to be the hottest summer ever in Polk County, according to the National Weather Service.

The current three-month period of May, June and July is the hottest on record, with an average temperature of 83.3 degrees.

Summer Is on Track To Break Heat Record | TheLedger.com

In my house it was a comfortable 68 degrees.

Yes I keep my AC set at 68. AHHHHHH Heaven

In my house its a comfortable 68 degrees too. Ive been keeping the heater running :lol:

The sun hasn't come out in about two months.

In Florida....

With overnight low temperatures dipping just below 80 degrees, a temperature record was set again in Daytona Beach on Tuesday night, for the seventh time in 11 days.

That string of record-setting hot nights helped make the July average temperature the third warmest since record-keeping began in Daytona Beach in 1923, National Weather Service officials said Wednesday. On the final night of July, the temperature only dropped to 79, breaking a record set in 1995.

July 2010 3rd hottest on record - News

In Florida....

With overnight low temperatures dipping just below 80 degrees, a temperature record was set again in Daytona Beach on Tuesday night, for the seventh time in 11 days.

That string of record-setting hot nights helped make the July average temperature the third warmest since record-keeping began in Daytona Beach in 1923, National Weather Service officials said Wednesday. On the final night of July, the temperature only dropped to 79, breaking a record set in 1995.

July 2010 3rd hottest on record - News

This is news?

again, i thought weather was ANECDOTAL

oh, i see, this weather somehow supports your global warming nonsense, but record cold does not

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

In British Columbia....

Out for my evening walk, I stopped on the crest of a hill and watched the sun's gigantic orange ball slide silently toward the horizon through a haze of smoke from the 400 forest fires raging across British Columbia's tinder-dry landscape.

Or maybe the smoke was not ours but Russia's, carried westward on the jet stream from where 520 of the more than 20,000 fires already recorded there this season were still burning.

The Russian death toll stood at 48 on Wednesday, 2,000 homes had burned and according to news reports from Moscow, up to 150,000 firefighters have been deployed.

President Dmitry Medvedev cancelled his vacation and flew home as a top-secret nuclear research facility had to be hastily evacuated and its radioactive materials removed.

Here in B.C. it had been a slow fire season -- until two weeks ago. Then the consequences of the third-driest July on record took hold. In much of B.C. it was the hottest July on record, too, with temperature ceilings shattered in many communities.

Tinder-dry landscape, haze of smoke in the air -get used to it

So, I guess we have a new record... Problem with that?
chris, who dismisses record lows as anecdotal, posts links for more anecdotal weather because he is stupid enough to think it proves global climate change but the record colds are meaningless

In Russia....

Last month was the hottest July in Moscow since meteorological records began 130 years ago, with the average temperature exceeding the norm by 7.8 degrees Celsius, the weather web site Meteonovosti.ru reported Monday.

July Hottest on Record | News | The Moscow Times

I'll raise your hot summer in Russia with a never recorded cold spell in Bolivia...

1 Million Fish Dead in Bolivian Ecological Disaster

And this

GREENIE WATCH

and this

Is La Nina cooling San Diego's weather? - SignOnSanDiego.com

And this

July average maxima in San Francisco coolest since 1971 | Watts Up With That?

And all of those and all of yours don't mean a thing Chrissy old boy.

In Russia....

Last month was the hottest July in Moscow since meteorological records began 130 years ago, with the average temperature exceeding the norm by 7.8 degrees Celsius, the weather web site Meteonovosti.ru reported Monday.

July Hottest on Record | News | The Moscow Times

I'll raise your hot summer in Russia with a never recorded cold spell in Bolivia...

1 Million Fish Dead in Bolivian Ecological Disaster

And this

GREENIE WATCH

and this

Is La Nina cooling San Diego's weather? - SignOnSanDiego.com

And this

July average maxima in San Francisco coolest since 1971 | Watts Up With That?

And all of those and all of yours don't mean a thing Chrissy old boy.
shhh, chris is prostrate at the temple of AlGore
he doesnt want to hear your BLASPHEMY

Forum List

Back