The History of Terrorism in These United States: 101

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Let us start with New Orleans, Sicilians/Italians, Columbus Day, Mafia, Cancel-culture.

The Laura Ingraham video: Watch the revisionist history over at FOX, the news network that gave America -- the Big Trump Lie.

link: MSN

Does this fit today's definition of Terrorism?
Read the article. Lots of stuff we could all comment on. Like:

One lynching victim identified as "Polizzi" — most likely a street vendor named Emmanuele Polizzi — was shot in his cell before he was savaged by the mob.

"He was not killed outright and in order to satisfy the people outside who were crazy to know what was going on within, he was dragged down the stairs and through the doorway by which the crowd had entered," The Times reported of the carnage.

"A rope was provided and tied around his neck and the people pulled him up to the crossbars. Not satisfied he was dead, a score of men took aim at him and poured a volley of shot into him …"

Three of the men lynched by the mob were tried in the murder of Hennessy and acquitted; cases against two other victims ended in mistrial, according to the ISDA. Four other men were charged in Hennessy's murder and also acquitted, according to other reports.

Upsetting? I can't help thinking of the outrage at HAMAS, and comparing how we should all feel about Americans doing similar, long before HAMAS ever existed.

Let us start with New Orleans, Sicilians/Italians, Columbus Day, Mafia, Cancel-culture.

The Laura Ingraham video: Watch the revisionist history over at FOX, the news network that gave America -- the Big Trump Lie.

One lynching victim identified as "Polizzi" — most likely a street vendor named Emmanuele Polizzi — was shot in his cell before he was savaged by the mob.

"He was not killed outright and in order to satisfy the people outside who were crazy to know what was going on within, he was dragged down the stairs and through the doorway by which the crowd had entered," The Times reported of the carnage.

"A rope was provided and tied around his neck and the people pulled him up to the crossbars. Not satisfied he was dead, a score of men took aim at him and poured a volley of shot into him …"

Three of the men lynched by the mob were tried in the murder of Hennessy and acquitted; cases against two other victims ended in mistrial, according to the ISDA. Four other men were charged in Hennessy's murder and also acquitted, according to other reports.

Upsetting? I can't help thinking of the outrage at HAMAS, and comparing how we should all feel about Americans doing similar, long before HAMAS ever existed.

Wait for it...wait for it...

Gimme free money is coming up...we just have to be patient!
The conspirators acted fearlessly, announcing the gathering point in New Orleans newspapers, as The Times reported the following day.

"All good citizens are invited to attend a mass meeting on Saturday, March 14, at 10 o’clock a.m. at Clay Statue to remedy the failure of justice in the Hennessy case," the announcement read. "Come prepared for action."

"who killa the chief"

my genealogy led me to that era in new orleans. then i tried to solve the axeman murders as a cold case....

are you claiming the British didn't consider that a terrorist attack on American soil?

and you call ME ignorant?

:cuckoo:

You may want to consider what the phrase 'terrorist attack' means. The British military was at war with the US.

Why are you claiming that the US launched terrorist attacks on Korea, Vietnam...

Shame on you.

You may want to consider what the phrase 'terrorist attack' means. The British military was at war with the US.

Why are you claiming that the US launched terrorist attacks on Korea, Vietnam...

Shame on you.
The British military was at war with the US.
not til after the party.

"The Boston Tea Party was a political protest that occurred on December 16, 1773, at Griffin’s Wharf in Boston, Massachusetts. American colonists, frustrated and angry at Britain for imposing “taxation without representation,” dumped 342 chests of tea, imported by the British East India Company into the harbor. The event was the first major act of defiance to British rule over the colonists. It showed Great Britain that Americans would not tolerate taxation and tyranny sitting down, and rallied American patriots across the 13 colonies to fight for independence."

not til after the party.

"The Boston Tea Party was a political protest that occurred on December 16, 1773, at Griffin’s Wharf in Boston, Massachusetts. American colonists, frustrated and angry at Britain for imposing “taxation without representation,” dumped 342 chests of tea, imported by the British East India Company into the harbor. The event was the first major act of defiance to British rule over the colonists. It showed Great Britain that Americans would not tolerate taxation and tyranny sitting down, and rallied American patriots across the 13 colonies to fight for independence."
please go back to Junior High School

please go back to Junior High School
finished it, and high school over 55 years ago.

Maybe you should pay attention to links about history.

finished it, and high school over 55 years ago.

Maybe you should pay attention to links about history.

I was born and raised in Boston. All sides of my family lived in Boston proper at the time I was born. My family roots in North America go back before the English/British colonists rebelled. They go back to when the Dutch controlled parts of NA. The history of colonial America, and the early experiments in governing have been a hobby of mine for decades.

The very idea that you claim “taxation without representation” as the cause and reason for the Tea Party, shows your ignorance of things. It's like you've never left your Junior High school civics classroom.

I was born and raised in Boston. All sides of my family lived in Boston proper at the time I was born. My family roots in North America go back before the English/British colonists rebelled. They go back to when the Dutch controlled parts of NA. The history of colonial America, and the early experiments in governing have been a hobby of mine for decades.

The very idea that you claim “taxation without representation” as the cause and reason for the Tea Party, shows your ignorance of things. It's like you've never left your Junior High school civics classroom.
find a new hobby.

You suck at your current one.

somehow, I think History.com knows more about the subject than you do.

(As you keep proving with your ignorance on a variety of topics)

"The very idea that you claim “taxation without representation” as the cause and reason for the Tea Party,"

not my claim, the claim of experts.

find a new hobby.

You suck at your current one.

somehow, I think History.com knows more about the subject than you do.

(As you keep proving with your ignorance on a variety of topics)

"The very idea that you claim “taxation without representation” as the cause and reason for the Tea Party,"

not my claim, the claim of experts.
'experts?'

I go with historians and academic research.

But thank you for your attempts to appear educated.

'experts?'

I go with historians and academic research.

shame you don't make any attempt to do so.

why don't you write to the History channel, care of A&E, and let them know their information is wrong.

Forum List

Back