The Heliopause heats up to 89,000F

Correct....

The density of space is so sparse that even at 89000 degrees the total heat is small.

Jo
That makes no sense at all.
Think of it like this. The sun is a huge mass that emits particles. As those particles pass through space, the space between them enlarges. By the time it hits the heliopause, there is 1 particle every 1,000 miles, roughly.

I'm impressed that the systems on the Voyager are still functioning enough to do the measurement of passing particles.

Interesting read....

Near earth particles = ...............................................................................
At the heliopause+= . . .

Jut like shooting #8 shot from a shotgun..
near= small area tight shot pattern.
far= large area sparsely hit..
Do all solar systems have heliopause or just the middle aged ones?

All suns send a stream of particles. And the cosmos is full of interstellar particles. The heliosphere is a kind of shield against the interstellear radiation. The stream from particles of the sun pushes back interstellar particles. The heliopause is the border region between both radiations. The strange thing is now that this transistions seems to be very rapid (in cosmic dimensions). As far as I know everyone expected a much smoother transfer.

By the way: The magnetic field of the Earth protects us against the deadly heliopshere - and the deadly heliosphere protects us against the much more deadly interstellar radiation. Radiation destroys our gene code. The problems will be similiar to the problems of the victims of Hieroshima and Nagasaki, who had survived the explosion and died the radiation death. I read once a report from a Japanese doctor, who had died in Hieroshima. A wonderful man. God may give him a nice home in his heavens. It was very cruel what had happened to him. It looked like the structure of his body lost the ability to hold together. Everywhere came blood and slime. The whole scenario remembers to a horror video - but it was real what had happened there to him.
So only old solar systems get it.

It's impossible to make this conclusion out of my words here. Why do you think so?

Forum List

Back