Article: Scientists may find life on Earth-like planets covered in oceans within the next few years

Yes. The Creator of the universe.
If you substitute the term, "the Easter Bunny" for "God"
Overman (1997) quotes from Evolution from space and found the following quote, ascribed to Chandra Wickramasinghe, in the New Scientist, Jan 21, 1982: "The chances that life just occurred are about as unlikely as a typhoon blowing through a junkyard and constructing a Boeing-747."Oct 10, 1999

Fred Hoyle's Boeing-story in the Evolution-Creation literature​

A classic, nonsensical cut and paste "quote" used by religioners.

Mechanical components don't evolve. That's a pretty simple concept lost on religious extremists. Biological organisms evolve. Perhaps you never studied biology at the Jimmy Swaggert madrassah.

Mechanical components don't evolve. That's a pretty simple concept lost on religious extremists. Biological organisms evolve. Perhaps you never studied biology at the Jimmy Swaggert madrassah.
So you believe in the Easter Bunny?

Whatever. Einstein has more credibility than you.
He wasn't a "Belieber" in your gods. Whatever. Just assign beliefs to people in a desperate attempt to convince yourself of the efficacy of your gods.

You lose your credibility with childish barbs like the Jimmy Swaggart crap.

He wasn't a "Belieber" in your gods. Whatever. Just assign beliefs to people in a desperate attempt to convince yourself of the efficacy of your gods.
Einstein said the universe is run by an Intelligent Spirit. Christians believe God is a Spirit. Do what you will with that information.

Einstein said the universe is run by an Intelligent Spirit. Christians believe God is a Spirit. Do what you will with that information.

I believe this is the letter you refer to:

In January of 1936, a young girl named Phyllis wrote to Albert Einstein on behalf of her Sunday school class, and asked, "Do scientists pray?"

Dr. Einstein answered as follows:

January 24, 1936

Dear Phyllis,

I will attempt to reply to your question as simply as I can. Here is my answer:

Scientists believe that every occurrence, including the affairs of human beings, is due to the laws of nature. Therefore a scientist cannot be inclined to believe that the course of events can be influenced by prayer, that is, by a supernaturally manifested wish.

However, we must concede that our actual knowledge of these forces is imperfect, so that in the end the belief in the existence of a final, ultimate spirit rests on a kind of faith. Such belief remains widespread even with the current achievements in science.

But also, everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that some spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe, one that is vastly superior to that of man. In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is surely quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive.

With cordial greetings,

your A. Einstein"

Hahaha, yep creating light for our world before creating the stars is widely accepted.

Everything I post is linked, sourced and documented, while you remain our best source of greenhouse gases.

But....the atheism drummed into your unquestioning and empty mind, will always be evident.

Everything I post is linked, sourced and documented, while you remain our best source of greenhouse gases.

But....the atheism drummed into your unquestioning and empty mind, will always be evident.
The edited, parsed and altered ''quotes'' you dump in threads are a matter of great ridicule.

Forum List

Back