City of Sharon brings free parking garage to the masses

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
James Carville, the Democrat's svengali who put Bill Clinton into the WH, observed that Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, separated by true civilization.

One of the largest cities in the county of Mercer has mastered something that major "sophisticated" cities like New York and Youngstown haven't. Free parking garages for the masses. Youngstown has parking garages that charge $5 a day just to leave your case. They tell me, they cost even more in Manhattan, New York. Why can't NYC be more civilized?
Parking garage repairs under way

James Carville, the Democrat's svengali who put Bill Clinton into the WH, observed that Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, separated by true civilization.

One of the largest cities in the county of Mercer has mastered something that major "sophisticated" cities like New York and Youngstown haven't. Free parking garages for the masses. Youngstown has parking garages that charge $5 a day just to leave your case. They tell me, they cost even more in Manhattan, New York. Why can't NYC be more civilized?

I didn't see anywhere in that article that said the parking garages in Sharon were free. Did I miss something?

I didn't see anywhere in that article that said the parking garages in Sharon were free. Did I miss something?

Maybe I missed something, I know the garages in Sharon are free.

Here's the street view of the facility.

Google Maps

I win all the cash ... it's the way I play.

11501800-3x2-940x627.jpg

No, you didn't miss anything. There was nothing in the article that made any reference of any kind to free parking.

Edited to add: It's possible the poster assumed that parking wold be free because construction was underway; however, that doesn't make sense. During my long life I have parked in garages that were in the process of reconstruction and I still had to pay. In certain areas parking was not allowed for safety reasons and to prevent interference with the the project, but everyone who used the facility still had to pay.

Last edited:

Its only free if you don't pay taxes.

Forum List

Back