the hateful 8....anyone been already?

I've not heard good things. I've even heard that it may be his worst movie yet.

You're an idiot. The movie is getting near perfect scores from both critics & fans.
I've yet to decide if I want to support the movie because Tarantino is such a freak but westerns are rare so I likely will.
I'm an idiot because I've heard/read bad things about it?
4i6Ckte.gif
You're an idiot because as usual you prejudge without the facts
I haven't judged a single thing, wingnut.

My son is and I'll probably tag along or go to it for my birthday.
I love Walton Goggins myself :)

i cant remember the movie but i remember the feeling of damn this is creepy and i am sure he was feeling that too
wolves of wall street that was it lol

There are two versions: the 167 minute version without an intermission which will be projected digitally (as most movies are today) while select screenings are the Roadshow version, which is 182 minutes, plus an intermission, all through a 70mm film projector (the biggest, brightest, best, and most expensive kind of film), the kind they used to make epics like "Lawrence of Arabia" and "2001: A Space Odyssey" on.

I saw the Roadshow version a few days ago. You didn't hear it from me, but the other version is available on torrent sites in that unprecedented leaking of awards screeners this past week.

I was never bored by the movie, yet I can't tell you that it's anything more than what it's about onscreen, which is basically a Tarantino murder-mystery, a western, and an exploitation movie all mashed up and set in post-Civil War America. I'm sure partisans will bring whatever message to the movie they think is there, but I must admit, I don't think this movie has a message. I don't think it's his best, but I wouldn't call it a stinker, either.

You're an idiot. The movie is getting near perfect scores from both critics & fans.
I've yet to decide if I want to support the movie because Tarantino is such a freak but westerns are rare so I likely will.
he is an idiot for telling you what he heard?...dam gramps...

He is a KNOW idiot on this site. His opinion of the movie HE HASN'T seen is irrelevant to his stupidity.

On top of that he heard it may be his worst movie yet? Funny cause most people are saying it is likely his best. Numbnuts likely heard it was his worst from one of those pansie social justice warriors and took it for gospel.

Yes, he is definitely an idiot

i dont think so.....there are two showings one is shorter ....that is not the 70 mm....lots of complaints about the 70 mm and break downs

He is a KNOW idiot on this site. His opinion of the movie HE HASN'T seen is irrelevant to his stupidity.

On top of that he heard it may be his worst movie yet? Funny cause most people are saying it is likely his best. Numbnuts likely heard it was his worst from one of those pansie social justice warriors and took it for gospel.

Yes, he is definitely an idiot
so what?....i heard his previous movie sucked....i seen it and thought it was pretty good....

has anyone seen the 70mm version i can only see the 2d at this time...nearest 70 mm is 2 hours away in charlotte.....gumpy likes movies...i am the driving force behind seeing it in 70mm but i will go soon to the 2d just to see it....

so weight in please on the 70mm or the 2d...seems you need 60 k worth of equipment to do the 70 mm

for me to see the 70mm means driving a 4 hour round trip...which is okay with me...but i am a film freak....not okay with grumpy....i do see his problem with driving 4 hours to a violent city to see a violent movie

like all women my age....i love kurt russell....my son was does not understand old women going 'damn he is hot' lol....it is 3 hours and 2 minutes?

so has anyone been to it yet? selective releases today with general release on wednesday.....
I have and Kurt Russell is still a damn good actor the movie was ok the Tarantino style of storytelling is as always a little backward. It could have been shorter, and not have affected the story but overall it wasn't bad.

I love Tarantino movies and my only comment is that it seemed to be filmed like an an Old West version of Inglorious Basterds.

If you like Tarantino I can't see you being disappointed. JJL steals the movie. All the other performances are great. It's the most insular movie he's made, though. It comes off like an Agatha Christie story, Ten Little Indians. Not his best imo, but his films are pretty consistent for me. If it's his worst, it's still really good.

Forum List

Back