Star Wars the Force Awaking has made $690 mil in under a week

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
They broke records for eye biggest opening weekend, biggest Monday and Tuesday box office and they keep pushing forward. Now they come up to a huge movie day (Christmas) and they are set to premier in the largest foreign market next week (China). This movie is going to threaten Avatar for number 1. I am not sure they will take it though.

probably be after New Years before I see it.

Tried 3 times, (S,M,T), no place close enough for me to park.

Avatar sucked ass, and this Star Wars flick was the worst of the series.

That said, I saw it so I contributed to the numbers.
I can understand one not liking the hate the white man and evil capitalist theme of Avatar, but the movie was pretty awesome. Few can HONESTLY deny that.

I thought it was way overrated. It was basically a remake with different characters. But it was still entertaining and far better than episode 1and 2.

I saw it yesterday and really liked it. I'm not a Star Wars nerd but several times during the movie I thought to myself: "Wasn't his scene was in a previous episode?"

I can understand one not liking the hate the white man and evil capitalist theme of Avatar, but the movie was pretty awesome. Few can HONESTLY deny that.

I thought it was way overrated. It was basically a remake with different characters. But it was still entertaining and far better than episode 1and 2.

Anyone who has kids born in the 80s knows that Avatar was an almost exact copy and rip off of Fern Gully which wasn't a very good movie either. The CGI was good but it wasn't the first movie to use CGI so it was a yawner. I saw it once and never will see it again.

At least 1 & 2 had original stories. This one had nothing at all that was original really. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie but it was quite the let down.

Last edited:

Anyone who has kids born in the 80s knows that Avatar was an almost exact copy and rip off of Fern Gully which wasn't a very good movie either. The CGI was good but it wasn't the first movie to use CGI so it was a yawner. I saw it once and never will see it again.

At least 1 & 2 had original stories. This one had nothing at all that was original really. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie but it was quite the let down.

Avatar was very different than the poorly written Fern Gully!

They broke records for eye biggest opening weekend, biggest Monday and Tuesday box office and they keep pushing forward. Now they come up to a huge movie day (Christmas) and they are set to premier in the largest foreign market next week (China). This movie is going to threaten Avatar for number 1. I am not sure they will take it though.
Soon as Avatar2 comes out, it will blow star wars out of the water.
Meanwhile, I ain't spending a dime to see this flick. Never was a star wars fan.

Meanwhile, I ain't spending a dime to see this flick. Never was a star wars fan.

They're making Avatar2?

WHY?

They're making Avatar2?

WHY?
Because Avatar 1 rocked!

Personally, I am bummed there will be no more JR Tolkein movies. Just the 6 films, and thats that. Sigh.

Didnt' think much of Avatar.

Tolkien wrote other books, but not as well known.

Silmarillion, adventure of Tom Bombadill, etc

But, no more Hobbit stories, unless they write a new one.

or do new versions, which likely wont' be for a few years

Lol Gracie. The Force Awakens is a phenomenon, a sequel 30 years in the making. Avatar is the first modern 3d movie. A gimmick with a mediocre story line.

I saw it yesterday and really liked it. I'm not a Star Wars nerd but several times during the movie I thought to myself: "Wasn't his scene was in a previous episode?"

Yes. It was essentially a remake of Episode VI (the original) and strangely also a sequel
:blowup:

Avatar was very different than the poorly written Fern Gully!

No, it was a nearly exact copy.

Forum List

Back