The happiest place on earth has the highest taxes

If I can stick to it, this year I plan to track every cent of taxes I pay. State, federal, and city are easy. But we pay a lot of hidden taxes. I am going to try to keep receipts and track all of it. I doubt I get to keep 50% of my money after all the taxes I pay.

Don't forget the various taxes disguised as "fees."

Denmark is a place where stoic locals wear sensible shoes and snack on herring sandwiches. Sure, they produce the occasional supermodel, but its most famous countryman may be the late entertainer Victor Borge.

Could the Danes really be the happiest people in the world? When ABC News anchor Bill Weir traveled there to find out, he asked random Danes to rate themselves in terms of happiness, on a scale of one to 10. Many people rated themselves at least an eight, and there were several nines and 10s. Finally, one grouchy Dane came along who said she didn't believe Danes were so happy. But then she quickly conceded that she herself felt rather content with her life, and said Danes in general had very little to complain about.

Danes do have one potential complaint: high taxes. The happiest people in the world pay some of the highest taxes in the world -- between 50 percent and 70 percent of their incomes. In exchange, the government covers all health care and education, and spends more on children and the elderly than any country in the world per capita. With just 5.5 million people, the system is efficient, and people feel "tryghed" -- the Danish word for "tucked in" -- like a snug child.

Those high taxes have another effect. Since a banker can end up taking home as much money as an artist, people don't chose careers based on income or status. "They have this thing called 'Jante-lov,' which essentially says, 'You're no better then anybody else,'" said Buettner. "A garbage man can live in a middle-class neighborhood and hold his head high."

Denmark: The Happiest Place on Earth - ABC News

Great news Chris, sounds like you found your nirvana, so when do you plan on moving?

One other reason Denmark is the happiest place on earth...

danish-girls_world-cup-2010_02-440x275.jpg

You've run this one before.

What is with you and these recycled threads ?

Move to Denmark.

GTFOOH

They're (obviously) mature-enough to understand they can't live (for free) like 1%ers....by sticking the middle-class with all the taxes.​

Uh.. nobody thinks they can live for free.. well, except those who pay no federal income tax and derive freebie entitlements from the very same government...

But nice try, troll

How much was your government check this month?

How many times has David Axelrod taken it to you from behind ?

Ironic that an idiot like you uses a WHITE country as an example for this country being overrun by illegals to follow.....

I doubt the Danes would be for high taxes and FREE stuff if they had a bunch of non-whites invading their country and living off the public teat.

Denmark is a place where stoic locals wear sensible shoes and snack on herring sandwiches. Sure, they produce the occasional supermodel, but its most famous countryman may be the late entertainer Victor Borge.

Could the Danes really be the happiest people in the world? When ABC News anchor Bill Weir traveled there to find out, he asked random Danes to rate themselves in terms of happiness, on a scale of one to 10. Many people rated themselves at least an eight, and there were several nines and 10s. Finally, one grouchy Dane came along who said she didn't believe Danes were so happy. But then she quickly conceded that she herself felt rather content with her life, and said Danes in general had very little to complain about.

Danes do have one potential complaint: high taxes. The happiest people in the world pay some of the highest taxes in the world -- between 50 percent and 70 percent of their incomes. In exchange, the government covers all health care and education, and spends more on children and the elderly than any country in the world per capita. With just 5.5 million people, the system is efficient, and people feel "tryghed" -- the Danish word for "tucked in" -- like a snug child.

Those high taxes have another effect. Since a banker can end up taking home as much money as an artist, people don't chose careers based on income or status. "They have this thing called 'Jante-lov,' which essentially says, 'You're no better then anybody else,'" said Buettner. "A garbage man can live in a middle-class neighborhood and hold his head high."

You're always raving about Denmark and Sweden. I'm surprised that you're not over there forking over your 70 percent.

No Jews, no Afros, no Hispanics, what's there to make people miserable in Denmark?

That's not the leftist way. They want someone else to do the work for them, everyone else to make changes to suit them, so they can reap the benefits of other people's efforts.

Miss the third-world hellhole you came from? Nostalgic for the Soviet Union? Don't leave America -- try to make it what it isn't, what it never was, and what it was never intended to be!

I don't think you should talk about our retired military that way.
You don't think at all.

Boringly Booring

That's real scientific: a reporter asked some people how happy they were. Only a grade-A moron would swallow that. I have met a number of people from Denmark and all they ever talk about is the high taxes and how expensive everything is.

I will add here that any Danes would be conversing in English,because poor old Prat can hardly put a sentence together in English:cuckoo: let alone speak Danish

Last edited:
That's real scientific: a reporter asked some people how happy they were. Only a grade-A moron would swallow that. I have met a number of people from Denmark and all they ever talk about is the high taxes and how expensive everything is.

I will add here that any Danes would be conversing in English,because poor old Prat can hardly put a sentence together in English:cuckoo: let alone speak Danish

The grammar of every sentence in my post is perfectly correct, you moronic skid mark.

Maybe they elect folks that spend the peoples money wisely plus their accustomed to eurolism...:eek:

The grammar of every sentence in my post is perfectly correct, you moronic skid mark.

:clap2::razz:I know,I was only teasing you Bripat,by the way I have been meaning to ask you why Bri pat????tor

1) It's Marxism rehashed.

2) People are individuals NOT insects with a communal instinct minds.

3) People are SOCIAL CREATURES but NOT group/herd creatures.

4) People are primarily physical creatures & physical likes materialism.

5) People are NOT spiritual creatures predominantly, therefore community expectations means precious little to them.

Here's where you took a wrong turn. You got two twins called the Barbie Twins"...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Barbi-Twins-Cover-Playboy-September/dp/B0035J21PU]Amazon.com: Barbi Twins Cover Playboy September 1991: Everything Else[/ame]

Lets say one twin has the E cup, the other twin has been robbed with an A cup or better known as flat chested. The twins are up for bid to the man that has the most money to buy "ONE" of them for the night. Will the high bidder buy the Twin with the...

FLAT CHEST, or the one with the E CUP???

You already know the answer as women do too...

Why men like busty woman?-for Modern Women

Big bosomed women with hot bodies are ALWAYS more in demand than hot bodied women with immature sized lil titties. Big Bosom = MORE to play with! It's just HUMAN NATURE. If a woman has a choice to date one of two male twins which one will she pick...

1) Twin "A" with a convenience store clerk position as a job?

2) Twin "B" with over one Billion dollars in assets?

There is no doubt on which twin the gal is gonna pick for the date. The FULL STATUS BIG SHOT(FSBS) gets the prime pussy EVERY TIME. Why???

1) Women LOVE big wallets!!!

2) Women love being the HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS.

3) Women love being worshiped.

4) Women love wealth & POWER OVER OTHERS!

I think what you strive for is equality, better known as class envy. Ain't a ever gonna happen for the power boys love playing the Big Shot... & the women love dating them! It sounds like ya struck out in the game of status. Maybe Denmark or one of the other Nordic communalist nations would offer you a better chance at "blending in" with the pipsqueaks of the constituency? The only Big Shots U would have to contend with in those countries would be the power brokers in elected/appointed office.

Forum List

Back