The Greatest Sitcom Personality of All-time

Adam West

View attachment 892026

It was described by executive producer William Dozier at the time as "the only situation comedy on the air without a laugh track". The 120 episodes aired on the ABC network for three seasons from January 12, 1966, to March 14, 1968, twice weekly during the first two seasons, and weekly for the third.

Greg
Just saw him in 2 episodes of Petticoat Junction.

If you know these then you were treated to excellence.

1706010360803.png

Called "Mother and son". Ruth Cracknell and Garry McDonald. Hard to split them.

Oz TV.

ps: the remake last year was crap imo. It's a common thing; NOTHING really compares to the original.

Greg

I have a vague memory of those episodes but can't be sure. They had quite a few cameo performers. Now that you mention: not really a sidekick.

View attachment 892032

Greg
didn't say he was a sidekick, he was only on 2 episodes.
He followed an episode costarring Dennis Hopper as a beatnik.

didn't say he was a sidekick, he was only on 2 episodes.
He followed an episode costarring Dennis Hopper as a beatnik.
I was referring to Uncle Joe as "not a sidekick" as was often said at the time. I thought he complemented the main character very well indeed.

1706011740972.png

Very very good but "Great"? Getting close if not.

Greg

Yep: MY NUMBER ONE!!!! GREAT is not used loosely wrt Lucille Ball. Watched endless hours of her shows, movies etc AND DIDN'T REALLY NOTICE as it was time well spent.

1706013067408.png

Funny as AND poignant at times. Amazing.

Greg

If you know these then you were treated to excellence.

View attachment 892031

Called "Mother and son". Ruth Cracknell and Garry McDonald. Hard to split them.

Oz TV.

ps: the remake last year was crap imo. It's a common thing; NOTHING really compares to the original.

Greg
Probably why Samford and Son fell flat with me. Translocating Steptoe and Son to one-liners just didn't translate.

Greg

There are a lot of characters to say were great. As we see on the thread. One more to add.......Maxwell Smart!

Never been a fan of Williams. There was always an edge to him, and that signals deep-seated anger and unhappiness. Very much like Letterman. I particularly didn't like his treatment of Catholic priests. He put all the great dedicated men in the same boat as the few abusers.

Last edited:
Hard for me to say. I can't pick one from my favorites list.

Frasier Crane.

intro-1677262217.webp

Al Bundy.

1*nXW_HFADTd2npNndwMpHYQ.jpeg

Dwight schrute.

the-office-dwight-schrute.webp

Frank Reynolds.

frank-reynolds-10-funniest-quotes-from-it-s-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.jpg

Kramer.

Kramer-Clears-Table-for-Board-Game-With-Leg-Seinfeld.gif

Johnny fever.

johnny-fever.jpg

There were a lot I liked from the 60s to the early 2000s but these were the ones that to me were their characters. Sure I liked Gilligan on Gilligan's Island but anyone could have played him, but these guys were the characters.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back