The great depression II

Do you UNDERSTAND what a democracy is?

When Obama says we have to accept his policies or disaster awaits, not the U.S. anymore.

Plus we were founded as a representative Republic, not a mobocracy!

democracy definition | Dictionary.com
de⋅moc⋅ra⋅cy   /dɪˈmɒkrəsi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-mok-ruh-see] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun, plural -cies. 1. government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by themor by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
2. a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies.
3. a state of society characterized by formal equality of rights and privileges.
4. political or social equality; democratic spirit.
5. the common people of a community as distinguished from any privileged class; the common people with respect to their political power.

In a republic you elect someone who is supposed to then make the decisions on your behalf.

A republic is a type of democracy.

You are allowing someone to fill your head with falsehoods about your own coutnry.

Last edited:
When Obama says we have to accept his policies or disaster awaits, not the U.S. anymore.

Plus we were founded as a representative Republic, not a mobocracy!

You do understand we had an election right?

Obtaining 51% of the vote doesn't mean you should have 100% of the power. The Constitution exists for a reason, you know.

He is president , the majority picked him. The congress and house have had elections also and the balence of power was handed to the democrats by the people.

If you dont like the government our founders designed then you could find another country.

Kevin, when you use only one source to try and prove you are right it is very hard to talk about this.

Libertarians have never run anything let alone a government or an economy.

They are there to hoodwink you.

Did you read the numbers I gave on FDRs term?

The numbers prove his efforts worked on an economic level.

Where did mises prove anything they have ever said worked in real life?

If all I ever did was quote Mises it still in no way stops you from debating the information provided.

Since this apparently is not going to be addressed, let me also state that I could, theoretically, do nothing but quote Mises. The site has a vast collection of resources. Hundreds, maybe thousands, of free online books, articles, videos, etc...

All from the same school of thought which has never held office or ran any economy.

You do understand we had an election right?

Obtaining 51% of the vote doesn't mean you should have 100% of the power. The Constitution exists for a reason, you know.

He is president , the majority picked him. The congress and house have had elections also and the balence of power was handed to the democrats by the people.

If you dont like the government our founders designed then you could find another country.

Doesn't mean if a person wins with 51% of the vote he can do what he like a dictator. He still has to answer to the rule of law. This is certainly not the government that our founders had designed, if it's at all clear to you from the last 8 years, and continuing with the next 4.

Why are you claiming that is what is happening?

upon what proof ?

Bush declared he was the desider and I dont remember you being angry about it.

The Obama Depression. Took a hill and made it into Mt. Everest. He's toast.
This is about the most intellectually dishonest thing I have heard yet.

Obama is taking the same course FDR took to end the first Depression which was caused by a completetly republican government.

It worked then and it will work now.

When its over the republican party will be a huge joke.

Speaking as a student of history, let me assure you that Roosevelt's spending programs did NOT work. Some say that was because he did not spend enough. I can not disagree with them. It is only theory and we do not know for certain that Government spending is a cure all.

The fact remains that we climbed out of the Depression only after the war in Europe made demands for American products overseas.

I see Obama's programs as better funded, but he is doing nothing to forstall a house of cards like Service Sector collapse, which right now looks like it is coming with a vengance.

Neither party gave us the Depression of the 1930's. Recessions are cyclical. Sheet happens. The recession of 1930 continued on for the next nine years because Roosevelt's programs were not strong enough to end the recession. A nine year recession became the Great Depression after people had time to talk about it. It was one hell of a long recession, but it was neither Democratic or Republican.

Last edited:
The Obama Depression. Took a hill and made it into Mt. Everest. He's toast.

Obama is taking the same course FDR took to end the first Depression which was caused by a completetly republican government.

Speaking as a student of history, let me assure you that Roosevelt's spending programs did NOT work. Some say that was because he did not spend enough. I can not disagree with them.

The fact remains that we climbed out of the Depression only after the war in Europe made demands for American products overseas.

I see Obama's programs as better funded, but he is doing nothing for forstall a Service Sector collapse, which right now looks like it is coming.

File:US Employment Graph - 1920 to 1940.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are dead wrong

When you look at that chart keep in mind that FDR gave into the Rs in 1937 and backed off his plan to balence the budget, the economy slid and he reinstated the new deal the next year.

Its is all the proof you need to tell the new deal did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Speaking as a student of history, let me assure you that Roosevelt's spending programs did NOT work. Some say that was because he did not spend enough. I can not disagree with them.

I see Obama's programs as better funded, but he is doing nothing for forstall a Service Sector collapse, which right now looks like it is coming.

File:US Employment Graph - 1920 to 1940.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are dead wrong

No, you are wrong. False graphs notwithstanding. The people who were out of work will tell you that it was a recession regardless of what nonsense you post.

Did you ever think of looking at the actual statistics before posting that bogus crap?

When you look at that chart keep in mind that FDR gave into the Rs in 1937 and backed off his plan to balence the budget, the economy slid and he reinstated the new deal the next year.

Its is all the proof you need to tell the new deal did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Do you make it a habit to post bullshit all of the time? Your foolishness makes me laugh. Hopefully that was intended.

For those who might be swayed by a Wiki Graph. Roosevelt instituted several programs that were effectively used to make it look like the unemployment numbers were changing. The CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) put millions of young men to work with shovels and pickaxes. They were paid a pittance for their work, but they did not accomplish that much either, so perhaps the pay was justified. Their average pay was just under a dollar a day. Still, it made the unemployment numbers look better. There was also the WPA, which was more effective. Over its course of several years, it put 9 Million men to work. Again it made the unemployment numbers look better, but it did not put an end to the Depression. That happened when American Industry started hiring men to build weapons of war because of the war in Europe and the expectation of war for the United States.

When Industry hires, the real unemployment numbers go down. Until industry hires, any graphs of lowered unemployment or "full time employment" with men doing "Make Work Jobs" for the government in camps like the CCC camps is bogus.

There is no real Truth in Truth's posts, only propaganda. He sould be ashamed of himself, unless he was just trying to be funny for funny sake. In that case, he made me laugh.

Last edited:
You can live in a fantasy world if you want to but dont expect many to join your fact resistant world.

You can live in a fantasy world if you want to but dont expect many to join your fact resistant world.

Alright, obviously you are a total moron. Have you ever studied history, you clown?

Damn, I hate dumb people like you who pretend to know something about a topic when they are totally unread on same. READ a little before posting. OK?

Last edited:

Do you make it a habit to post bullshit all of the time? Your foolishness makes me laugh. Hopefully that was intended.

For those who might be swayed by a Wiki Graph. Roosevelt instituted several programs that were effectively used to make it look like the unemployment numbers were changing. The CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) put millions of young men to work with shovels and pickaxes. They were paid a pittance for their work, but they did not accomplish that much either, so perhaps the pay was justified. Their average pay was just under a dollar a day. Still, it made the unemployment numbers look better. There was also the WPA, which was more effective. Over its course of several years, it put 9 Million men to work. Again it made the unemployment numbers look better, but it did not put an end to the Depression. That happened when American Industry started hiring men to build weapons of war because of the war in Europe and the expectation of war for the United States.

When Industry hires, the real unemployment numbers go down. Until industry hires, any graphs of lowered unemployment or "full time employment" with men doing "Make Work Jobs" for the government in camps like the CCC camps is bogus.

There is no real Truth in Truth's posts, only propaganda. He sould be ashamed of himself, unless he was just trying to be funny for funny sake. In that case, he made me laugh.
Color me shocked. Can't say I didn't warn you all.

Forum List

Back