The great depression II

I don't know. I get depressed every time I see his stupid mug on tv mouthing lies and double speak.

I know.
There will, however, be atronomical inflation, brought on by Obama's idiotic strategies to reduce sensible energy production and put into place idiotic "green" friendly, non-workable options...in addition to crippling small businesses and pouring money into programs meant to increase government control over every aspect of our lives...including banking, health care, and every other business known to man.

Pretty soon we'll all have to wear ugly brown, mandarin-collared clothes like the Chinese, because that will be what he'll insist our government-controlled factories produce.

Astronomical inflation will not occur because of what Obama is going to do. If there is going to be astronomical inflation, it will be because of the massive expansion of the Fed's balance sheet and its decision not to contract it once the crisis is over.
when does the government reduce itself?

102554d1314997803-deepest-safe-depth-air-25297d1309921005-intruder-recall-zombie-thread.jpg

"The Great Depression" had an unemployment rate of 29 percent. Hordes of starving people were roaming the US, with their destitute families, looking for work. Factories no longer needed the huge numbers of workers, and there was a drought in the bread basket brought on by industrialized farming before erosion-prevention practices were developed.

Last I checked, we have a fear-induced recession brought on by insistence by the left that there will be a recession any minute, and exacerbated by the complete lack of confidence wall street has in any bail outs.

blind blind blind

I honestly don't know whether or not FDR's policies were beneficial or not. Yes, we came out of the Depression, but how long did it take? Many argue that his policies worsened and prolonged the Depression. That argument can be made but not proven. My point is this; if you believe FDR's policies were correct and we need the same today, then does that mean we are facing a ten year Depression? Or is there a better way?

It is very possible that we are facing an economic debacle the equal of the last Great Depression. With 7 billion human beings on this planet. And global warming in overdrive. Gonna be fun, children!

For God sakes, o.r. we were in worse shape under your good buddy Jimmie Carter. THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

blind blind blind

You on the right gave him the same crap you give him now days after he was elected.

You hate him and dont care about policy

I don't hate him, TM. I do care about his policies, I want them to fail.

Other than either personal hate or tunnel-vision partisanship, there is no reason not to want his policies to succeed. If they succeed, America benefits; if they fail, America suffers.

I want his policies to succeed, but I don't believe they can. His policies can't fully succeed any more than Roosevelt's did in the 1930s, for the same reason: Obama, like FDR, is too conservative. He isn't reaching far enough or proposing any substantial corrections to the wrong turn we took in 1981. At best, he seems to want to go back to the program of the Clinton years with a little more environmentalism and green energy tossed into the mix. While that would be an improvement, it would be a small improvement, and it would not restore the economic boom of the Clinton years, because that was fueled by consumer credit, which can't be repeated at this time.

Of course, what the Republicans propose would be even worse than the half-measures Obama proposes.

It's interesting that the OP called this "Great Depression II" when the downturn had barely begun and there was no sign yet that this was an accurate description. It is, though. The Great Depression wasn't one long recession. The initial recession ended in 1933, and most of the years of the Depression were years of economic growth, not of recession. But the economy had been reset around a lower baseline of performance, and would in the future grow and shrink around that new lower baseline. That's what's happened now, as well. The cause, now as then, is maldistribution of wealth and consequent contraction of the consumer base. The cure, now as then, is narrowing of income gaps and restoration of the middle class.

Unfortunately, now as then, there is strong political opposition to taking this necessary step and we will need to go through perhaps even more internal conflict and trouble before we can do it. Hopefully it won't take, now as then, a world war to get the government to do what needs to be done.

I don't hate him, TM. I do care about his policies, I want them to fail.

Other than either personal hate or tunnel-vision partisanship, there is no reason not to want his policies to succeed. If they succeed, America benefits; if they fail, America suffers.

I want his policies to succeed, but I don't believe they can. His policies can't fully succeed any more than Roosevelt's did in the 1930s, for the same reason: Obama, like FDR, is too conservative. He isn't reaching far enough or proposing any substantial corrections to the wrong turn we took in 1981. At best, he seems to want to go back to the program of the Clinton years with a little more environmentalism and green energy tossed into the mix. While that would be an improvement, it would be a small improvement, and it would not restore the economic boom of the Clinton years, because that was fueled by consumer credit, which can't be repeated at this time.

Of course, what the Republicans propose would be even worse than the half-measures Obama proposes.

It's interesting that the OP called this "Great Depression II" when the downturn had barely begun and there was no sign yet that this was an accurate description. It is, though. The Great Depression wasn't one long recession. The initial recession ended in 1933, and most of the years of the Depression were years of economic growth, not of recession. But the economy had been reset around a lower baseline of performance, and would in the future grow and shrink around that new lower baseline. That's what's happened now, as well. The cause, now as then, is maldistribution of wealth and consequent contraction of the consumer base. The cure, now as then, is narrowing of income gaps and restoration of the middle class.

Unfortunately, now as then, there is strong political opposition to taking this necessary step and we will need to go through perhaps even more internal conflict and trouble before we can do it. Hopefully it won't take, now as then, a world war to get the government to do what needs to be done.

It's always good to see you have an opinion....I just don't agree with it.
If his policies succeed, I feel America suffers. See how it works?

How so? He's trying to rebuild the economy and restore prosperity. Neither of us believes he can do that using the tools he wants to use (although for different reasons), but if he could, why wouldn't that be a good thing?

How so? He's trying to rebuild the economy and restore prosperity. Neither of us believes he can do that using the tools he wants to use (although for different reasons), but if he could, why wouldn't that be a good thing?

If he could...yes, it would be a good thing, but he hasn't a clue on how to fix the economy and his policies are reflecting that. His ideology is interfering with a sustained recovery with both unemployment and the economy.

If he could...yes, it would be a good thing, but he hasn't a clue on how to fix the economy and his policies are reflecting that. His ideology is interfering with a sustained recovery with both unemployment and the economy.

But predicting that he will fail is different from wanting his policies to fail, and you said you wanted them to fail.

All I have read is blame blame blame. Not one solution. I don't care who did it what I want is a plan to fix it. So far Obama is 0 for his 3 years in office, two of which he had control of congress and now it is worse. Does it really make a rats A who did it. Who is going to fix it and Obama is missing in action. Doesn't have a clue. I see a lot of Enron and whose to blame and it is a good point, care to talk about Solyrenda (Sp)
and the missing 550 million that was personally worked on by the man him self, Barak Hussien Obama.

Go Green in 2012 Recycle Obama.

But predicting that he will fail is different from wanting his policies to fail, and you said you wanted them to fail.

Common sense dictates that his policies fail. It's like looking at a fire and just knowing the flames are hot. Is it a prediction or just common sense?

Forum List

Back