The great depression II

The Obama Depression. Took a hill and made it into Mt. Everest. He's toast.

Oh yes Annie, believe the lie that it's Obama fault that things will get bad as they have very quickly.

All these states with 10% or near 10% unemployment (including mine as the highest in the country) obviously skyrocketed in those few weeks Obama has been in office.

Hell, I would of thought it would of taken more then a few weeks to start blaming Obama for all of life's problems.

• Banned
Hillbilly Report: Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act

Phil Gramm would probably call me a whiner, but Mr. Gramm was a sponsor of the legislation that got us to this point (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act) of mortgaging our children's future to bailout the wall street thieves and John McCain voted with Senator Mitch McConnell to pass this piece of shit law, that also included the "Enron loophole" for their morally unrighteous right wing neocon, lazy ass slacker, thieving pals.
Folks like John McCain and Senator Mitch McConnell own this mess and now they need to tell their the morally unrighteous right wing neocon, lazy ass slacker, thieving friends we're going to tax your asses till the cows come home to fund our, John McCain's and Senator Mitch McConnell's, mistake!!!

Last edited:
  • Banned
This is about the most intellectually dishonest thing I have heard yet.

Obama is taking the same course FDR took to end the first Depression which was caused by a completetly republican government.

It worked then and it will work now.

When its over the republican party will be a huge joke.

Phil Gramm would probably call me a whiner, but Mr. Gramm was a sponsor of the legislation that got us to this point (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act) of mortgaging our children's future to bailout the wall street thieves and John McCain voted with Senator Mitch McConnell to pass this piece of shit law, that also included the "Enron loophole" for their morally unrighteous right wing neocon, lazy ass slacker, thieving pals.
Folks like John McCain and Senator Mitch McConnell own this mess and now they need to tell their the morally unrighteous right wing neocon, lazy ass slacker, thieving friends we're going to tax your asses till the cows come home to fund our, John McCain's and Senator Mitch McConnell's, mistake!!!

and who signed that bill into law???

Obama is taking the same course FDR took to end the first Depression which was caused by a completetly republican government.

Prove it. Where's the links? You haven't any and that's the fact. You hate it, just because I'm right! Yeah, it's burning, burning... :lol::lol::lol:

• Banned

Bill Clinton and he shares the guilt with the republicans who said it was a great idea.

Now how about blaming the people who truely deserve the guilt. The entire republican party that held sway as the effects of this passage became all too appearant?

Bush , Greeenspan and the entire republican party leadership who are still in office.

The people will not fall for the wordsmithing and lies anymore.

oh except you sara palin fans , you guys will believe anything as long as it as far from the truth as possible.

Bill Clinton and he shares the guilt with the republicans who said it was a great idea.

Now how about blaming the people who truely deserve the guilt. The entire republican party that held sway as the effects of this passage became all too appearant?

Bush , Greeenspan and the entire republican party leadership who are still in office.

The people will not fall for the wordsmithing and lies anymore.

oh except you sara palin fans , you guys will believe anything as long as it as far from the truth as possible.

no Slick Willy holds all the guilt. He could have vetoed but he didn't

Just as GW holds all the guilt for the bad bills he signed

Just as Obama will hold all the guilt for the bad bills he signs.

THAT is the price of leadership

How we got here.

John Maynard Keynes.

He purported the lie that government spending was actually beneficial to the struggling economy.

Truth be told, both parties are guilty. Republicans allowed the last 8 years of spend crazy and the democrats are purporting the same policies to get us out of this mess?

If the market is allowed to correct, we'd be having a bad year, yes, but it won't last decades. Shame we haven't learned from our mistakes in the 1930s.

Last edited:

I honestly don't know whether or not FDR's policies were beneficial or not. Yes, we came out of the Depression, but how long did it take? Many argue that his policies worsened and prolonged the Depression. That argument can be made but not proven. My point is this; if you believe FDR's policies were correct and we need the same today, then does that mean we are facing a ten year Depression? Or is there a better way?

"Excepting 1937-1938, unemployment fell each year of Roosevelt's first two terms [while] the U.S. economy grew at average annual growth rates of 9 percent to 10 percent," writes University of California historian Eric Rauchway.

According to Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke, "Only with the New Deal's rehabilitation of the financial system in 1933-35 did the economy begin its slow emergence from the Great Depression." In fact, even famed conservative economist Milton Friedman admitted that the New Deal's Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was "the structural change most conducive to monetary stability since ... the Civil War."

1937-1938 FDR had tried to balence the budget because the republicans had whined enough to make him take notice of their "concerns". The economy started to reverse so he went back the the original plan and it worked yet again.

The people are not going to just sit back and watch the republican party wordsmith and lie any more. You guys always have the WRONG plan and its purely for partisan reasons.

Your party is going to die and its will be the best thing to happen to America in many years.

I honestly don't know whether or not FDR's policies were beneficial or not. Yes, we came out of the Depression, but how long did it take? Many argue that his policies worsened and prolonged the Depression. That argument can be made but not proven. My point is this; if you believe FDR's policies were correct and we need the same today, then does that mean we are facing a ten year Depression? Or is there a better way?

The republicans are doing their damned best to make you and others think there is a question as to wether FDRs plan worked. The truth is that the numbers at the time PROVE it worked. When FDR took his eye off the ball for one year because the Rs of the tiem convinced him to pull back things got worse (1937-1938) he then resumed the old program and the gains went back up.

Its fact that it worked and the hacks cant have you know that or they R party is dead.

The government in the lead up to the GD were an entirely republican gov. Do you SEE a pattern here?

"Excepting 1937-1938, unemployment fell each year of Roosevelt's first two terms [while] the U.S. economy grew at average annual growth rates of 9 percent to 10 percent," writes University of California historian Eric Rauchway.

According to Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke, "Only with the New Deal's rehabilitation of the financial system in 1933-35 did the economy begin its slow emergence from the Great Depression." In fact, even famed conservative economist Milton Friedman admitted that the New Deal's Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was "the structural change most conducive to monetary stability since ... the Civil War."

1937-1938 FDR had tried to balence the budget because the republicans had whined enough to make him take notice of their "concerns". The economy started to reverse so he went back the the original plan and it worked yet again.

The people are not going to just sit back and watch the republican party wordsmith and lie any more. You guys always have the WRONG plan and its purely for partisan reasons.

Your party is going to die and its will be the best thing to happen to America in many years.

rofl, I'd take anything that Ben Bernanke says with a grain of salt. He's been the worst fed chairman in the history of it's infamous existence. I don't like Republicans or Democrats, so don't label me partisan.

Hoover had intervened by bailing out companies, trying to keep prices up, and otherwise preventing the market from correcting. FDR expanded upon Hoover's failed policies and instituted unconstitutional programs that merely exacerbated and prolonged the Depression. Unemployment fell during FDR's years, yes, as that was a signal that the market wanted to resume economic growth, but it was inhibited by FDR until 1945. Why would it take 9 years for a recovery, if the economy wasn't being inhibited? It's revisionist history to say that FDR helped speed up recovery. I don't call a decade a speedy recovery, sorry.

It's really a shame it's going to take a -second- collapse of our standard of living (along with the dollar, most likely) to learn what we should've learned the first time around-- intervention in the markets are the cause of all suffering.

Last edited:

I listened to a podcast this morning of the Presidential historian who edited the Reagan diaries. In his diaries, Reagan wrote that he admired FDR and what he did, voting for him four times. According to the biographer, Reagan wasn't trying to reverse the New Deal, though he was trying to reverse LBJ's Great Society.

19 mins. Worth the listen.

In Praise Of Reagan, Communicator Extraordinaire : NPR

Reagan also kicked off the biggest debt and the republicans insane path of lies and myth instead of fact.

Forum List

Back