The government throws a man in jail for mocking a girl

As usual, there's far more to the story than FOX tells:

Ohio man ordered to jail after mocking 10-year-old neighbor girl with cerebral palsy - NY Daily News

The menacing charge is related to an incident in which the girl's mother claims Bailey threatened to choke the mother with a chain, the newspaper said.

Stark County Sheriff’s deputies had been to both families’ homes to investigate, and have also responded to other name-calling and loud music complaints, according to The Repository.

“This didn’t stop him,” Michael Knight told The Repository. “We do live next to him and it’s ongoing.”
Bailey declined to comment after the hearing.

The story also said that one of the problems between the families is the Knight's reactions to and comments towards Bailey's son's ADHD, which, ironically enough, is not the "recognized" or socially sympathetic disability cerebral palsy is.

Maybe there needs to be a bit more understanding from both families, but that really doesn't account for FOX trying to lay the court's verdict or the man's plea solely at the feet of his mocking behavior without mentioning the menacing he engaged in.

As usual? I can't tell you how many stories I see from other outlets where they omit details and they're at Fox News. So if you want to play the fairness monster then don't pretend it's not going both ways. But yea, it looks like FN may have missed important details in this case.

Ohio dad gets jail for mocking girl with cerebral palsy | Fox News

Let me preface this by saying that that man was being a total ass wipe. But I don't want the government thinking it's their right to throw people in jail for exercising their first amendment rights. That's every bit as despicable as what that ass wipe did.

Canton Municipal Judge John A. Poulos ordered the maximum sentence for 43-year-old William Bailey, who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing.

He admitted breaking the law. Not seeing what your problem here is?

Seriously, you have no sympathy for poor people who need a helping hand, but some asshole who mocks a child is a First Amendment Hero?

I not only have sympathy for the poor, but I volunteer to help them, once a week I go to the church to give out lunches to the homeless and others who need them.

I do not think this guy is a hero in anyway, he's a coward. That doesn't mean I think he deserves jail for mocking a little girl. He definitely needs to be set straight, but I do not believe jail is appropriate in this case. I would however, think CPS should be called because what he was teaching his son was extremely inappropriate. At the very least parenting classes are in order, though I would have been satisfied if the girl's father had beaten the crap out of the guy and left it at that. I don't know why we've become such a litigious society and can't seem to solve our own problems without the cops or the government. I do not think our forefathers intended us to be so dependent on government for everything.

As usual joeb comes crashing a thread and making crazy irresponsible assertions - Pretty much what she said covers it.

My son had, or so the school said, ADHD. I would never threaten him with any such thing, nor would I medicate him. He got a cup of coffee every morning and plenty of fresh air and exercise.

The parents should be horse whipped.

Which parents?

Caffeine is considered self medication.
Hopefully your son had a very mild case of ADHD and grew out of it.
There was a time, before my time :razz:, when schools dx'd many students with ADHD, merely because teachers couldn't handle, or didn't know how to deal with 'fidgeting'.

How is your son doing now?

Near as I can tell, both sets.
Coffee is a damned sight more user friendly than Ritalin.
He's doing great :)

As usual, there's far more to the story than FOX tells:

Ohio man ordered to jail after mocking 10-year-old neighbor girl with cerebral palsy - NY Daily News

The menacing charge is related to an incident in which the girl's mother claims Bailey threatened to choke the mother with a chain, the newspaper said.

Stark County Sheriff’s deputies had been to both families’ homes to investigate, and have also responded to other name-calling and loud music complaints, according to The Repository.

“This didn’t stop him,” Michael Knight told The Repository. “We do live next to him and it’s ongoing.”
Bailey declined to comment after the hearing.

The story also said that one of the problems between the families is the Knight's reactions to and comments towards Bailey's son's ADHD, which, ironically enough, is not the "recognized" or socially sympathetic disability cerebral palsy is.

Maybe there needs to be a bit more understanding from both families, but that really doesn't account for FOX trying to lay the court's verdict or the man's plea solely at the feet of his mocking behavior without mentioning the menacing he engaged in.

ADHD is hocum. I mean, I believe there could be something to it; but scientifically a bunch of quacks have blown it up. ADHD is not comparable to cerebral palsy. The dude was out of line.

Actually the pharmaceutical companies have made it a cash cow (after causing the problems to begin with, then selling dubious cures), and the schools have made it an excuse to drug little Johnny into submission while tying parent's hands behind their backs should they open the door to the first dose.

Of course he was out of line. Hell, he threatened the girls mother (a death threat!), then taught his son how to be a reprehensible bully. MY point was that the boy in the middle of all this kind of got lost in the shuffle, and that the other story hinted at the other family not exactly being real nice to him, either. They were neighbors, and this has been an ongoing dispute. What are the odds that, other than Bailey, there are no clear demons in this, and no real heroes?

I don't know what's worse, the fact that this guy did this, or the fact that the government thinks they should infringe on our free speech rights because of it.

Avatar, a 43 y/o male vs a 10 y/o female is beyond bullying and probably threatening for the child.

I know you don't agree with this type of behavior.

apparently LaKooty does.....

Ohio dad gets jail for mocking girl with cerebral palsy | Fox News

Let me preface this by saying that that man was being a total ass wipe. But I don't want the government thinking it's their right to throw people in jail for exercising their first amendment rights. That's every bit as despicable as what that ass wipe did.

What do you mean by government? I believe this is a local matter, not a federal government matter, don't use such ad hominem arguments against the federal government.

local GOVERNMENT......where did he mention Federal?....

During their brief lawless run the OWS was engaged in criminal activity but individuals were seldom prosecuted because the group was strong and the agenda was promoted by the liberal media. The fact is that a lone white male who engages in non-criminal but anti-social behavior is vulnerable because the government is motivated by social issues and specializes in easy targets. Goodbye 1st Amendment and hello brave new world of political correctness.

If that was my child I would of[sic] given him a permanent limp which would of been the wrong thing to do.
They put people in jail for pot so let him do some time.

'Would have given him...'

Originally my son was diagnosed with ADHD, later Asperger's Syndrome. I remember when he was younger a little girl telling me basically that my son was stupid (it was much worse but I don't remember the exact words). I said, "My son has ADHD, what's your excuse?" She just walked away.

I don't understand parents today. How can you not have tolerance for people with disabilities of any type? I remember back in the early 60's when I was in 3rd grade, for a short time there was a mentally retarded boy in our class. That's what they called it back then. The other kids were teasing him all the time and I was standing up for him. I was even mad at the teacher because she would complain about him in front of him and the class. You'd think a teacher would have more sense. I told my parents. I don't know what they did, but the boy was removed from our class.

I was in 3rd grade and I knew better than this father does now.

Originally my son was diagnosed with ADHD, later Asperger's Syndrome. I remember when he was younger a little girl telling me basically that my son was stupid (it was much worse but I don't remember the exact words). I said, "My son has ADHD, what's your excuse?" She just walked away.

I don't understand parents today. How can you not have tolerance for people with disabilities of any type? I remember back in the early 60's when I was in 3rd grade, for a short time there was a mentally retarded boy in our class. That's what they called it back then. The other kids were teasing him all the time and I was standing up for him. I was even mad at the teacher because she would complain about him in front of him and the class. You'd think a teacher would have more sense. I told my parents. I don't know what they did, but the boy was removed from our class.

I was in 3rd grade and I knew better than this father does now.

because of children with ADHD I'm against parents spanking and whipping their children, I believe that generations ago parents never understood nor knew that kids with ADHD are not really bad they just have a condition.

because of children with ADHD I'm against parents spanking and whipping their children, I believe that generations ago parents never understood nor knew that kids with ADHD are not really bad they just have a condition.

Problem is that half the kids with 'ADHD' are just little shits in need of a good kick up the bum. Brat plays up in school, he must have ADD. Its bullshit.

Forum List

Back