The government throws a man in jail for mocking a girl

Ohio has a history of violating people's rights.

There's this story, what the OP is about.

And this one.
Court orders man to apologize to estranged wife on Facebook - Los Angeles Times

Problem is, people can't fight this thing because there's no way they can afford a lawyer. The guy in the OP probably just thought it was cheaper to do the time than to fight it.

When he gets out, if i was him, I would find some crooked lawyer and sue the state for unlawful imprisonment, lol.

This is a joke.

Haha. I actually know that guy! He used to work for my company. I met him a couple of times when I had traveled to Cincinnati for business.

Canton Municipal Judge John A. Poulos ordered the maximum sentence for 43-year-old William Bailey, who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing.

The judge is just !

Ohio dad gets jail for mocking girl with cerebral palsy | Fox News

Let me preface this by saying that that man was being a total ass wipe. But I don't want the government thinking it's their right to throw people in jail for exercising their first amendment rights. That's every bit as despicable as what that ass wipe did.

Shouldn't wipe away any of his free speech either, don't you think? Free Speech has its consequences, but it shouldn't be disappeared either. No?

As usual Faux New gives their viewers just enough to make them start frothing at the mouth. Surely there is more to the story than the video. Without knowing more I can't say if it's a violation of free speech however if it were my child this asshole was mocking you can bet your ass I'd be giving him some free speech of my own.

Thanks Barb for the extra link.

As usual Faux New gives their viewers just enough to make them start frothing at the mouth. Surely there is more to the story than the video. Without knowing more I can't say if it's a violation of free speech however if it were my child this asshole was mocking you can bet your ass I'd be giving him some free speech of my own.

Have any other news organizations reported this?

Let me preface this by saying that that man was being a total ass wipe. But I don't want the government thinking it's their right to throw people in jail for exercising their first amendment rights. That's every bit as despicable as what that ass wipe did.

he was convicted of aggravated menacing....

you should do research instead of relying on anything that fake news "reports"....

for the taunting of the girl with cerebral palsy, the guy was charged with disorderly conduct, which carries NO JAIL TIME.

for an earlier incident, where he swung a chain at the girl's mother, he was charged with aggravated menacing in the first degree, which carries an a maximum jail time of thirty days...

now read:

Bailey, who works as a truck driver, was charged twice. He was originally charged for aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor of the first degree. In this charge, the victim was Knight, an incident she says took place the same day as the bus stop scene.

Bailey, she said, “was swinging a tow chain on his porch, saying he was going to choke me until I stopped twitching. I sent my kids with my mother-in-law to leave with them. My husband called the sheriff.”

In Ohio, a menacing charge is a misdemeanor fourth degree, which carries a maximum of 30 days in jail.

The second original charge, for the bus stop incident, was disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. A disorderly conduct is a minor misdemeanor and carries no jail time.

Although Bailey’s sentencing technically reflects the charges brought by his actions toward Knight, Hope’s mother, Fitzsimmons explains how the plea deal enabled the sentence to cover his actions toward Hope.

Ohio Man Sentenced to One Month After Teasing Disabled Girl - ABC News

still think the loser was jailed for making fun of the girl?

or do you want to rethink that?

yep...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6419363-post68.html

you should do research instead of relying on anything that fake news "reports"....

for the taunting of the girl with cerebral palsy, the guy was charged with disorderly conduct, which carries NO JAIL TIME.

for an earlier incident, where he swung a chain at the girl's mother, he was charged with aggravated menacing in the first degree, which carries an a maximum jail time of thirty days...

now read:

Bailey, who works as a truck driver, was charged twice. He was originally charged for aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor of the first degree. In this charge, the victim was Knight, an incident she says took place the same day as the bus stop scene.

Bailey, she said, “was swinging a tow chain on his porch, saying he was going to choke me until I stopped twitching. I sent my kids with my mother-in-law to leave with them. My husband called the sheriff.”

In Ohio, a menacing charge is a misdemeanor fourth degree, which carries a maximum of 30 days in jail.

The second original charge, for the bus stop incident, was disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. A disorderly conduct is a minor misdemeanor and carries no jail time.

Although Bailey’s sentencing technically reflects the charges brought by his actions toward Knight, Hope’s mother, Fitzsimmons explains how the plea deal enabled the sentence to cover his actions toward Hope.

rethinking would presume he was capable of thinking at all

that dog won't hunt

His wife told Fox8.com that this is all part of an ongoing dispute and that Hope's family has called her son names

who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing.

So there was an ongoing dispute, and it wasn't just mocking, the man (teaching his son, as the son was doing it too) plead to menacing the little girl.
Read more: Ohio dad gets jail for mocking girl with cerebral palsy | Fox News

Hurting someone's feelings is not menacing, dipshit.

Oops. I called you a dipshit. I apologize for menacing you, asshole.

His wife told Fox8.com that this is all part of an ongoing dispute and that Hope's family has called her son names

who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing.

So there was an ongoing dispute, and it wasn't just mocking, the man (teaching his son, as the son was doing it too) plead to menacing the little girl.

threatening to choke them out with a tow chain is, though

fuckwit

fuckwit

Yes. Threatening with a tow chain is menacing.

Charging him with disorderly conduct for his mocking behavior is bullshit, though, moron.

fuckwit

Yes. Threatening with a tow chain is menacing.

Charging him with disorderly conduct for his mocking behavior is bullshit, though, moron.

tissue?

now read:

rethinking would presume he was capable of thinking at all

that dog won't hunt

good point, del.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Canton Municipal Judge John A. Poulos ordered the maximum sentence for 43-year-old William Bailey, who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing.

He admitted breaking the law. Not seeing what your problem here is?

Seriously, you have no sympathy for poor people who need a helping hand, but some asshole who mocks a child is a First Amendment Hero?

I not only have sympathy for the poor, but I volunteer to help them, once a week I go to the church to give out lunches to the homeless and others who need them.

I do not think this guy is a hero in anyway, he's a coward. That doesn't mean I think he deserves jail for mocking a little girl. He definitely needs to be set straight, but I do not believe jail is appropriate in this case. I would however, think CPS should be called because what he was teaching his son was extremely inappropriate. At the very least parenting classes are in order, though I would have been satisfied if the girl's father had beaten the crap out of the guy and left it at that. I don't know why we've become such a litigious society and can't seem to solve our own problems without the cops or the government. I do not think our forefathers intended us to be so dependent on government for everything.

If that was my child I would of given him a permanent limp which would of been the wrong thing to do.
They put people in jail for pot so let him do some time.

As usual, there's far more to the story than FOX tells:

Ohio man ordered to jail after mocking 10-year-old neighbor girl with cerebral palsy - NY Daily News

The menacing charge is related to an incident in which the girl's mother claims Bailey threatened to choke the mother with a chain, the newspaper said.

Stark County Sheriff’s deputies had been to both families’ homes to investigate, and have also responded to other name-calling and loud music complaints, according to The Repository.

“This didn’t stop him,” Michael Knight told The Repository. “We do live next to him and it’s ongoing.”
Bailey declined to comment after the hearing.

The story also said that one of the problems between the families is the Knight's reactions to and comments towards Bailey's son's ADHD, which, ironically enough, is not the "recognized" or socially sympathetic disability cerebral palsy is.

Maybe there needs to be a bit more understanding from both families, but that really doesn't account for FOX trying to lay the court's verdict or the man's plea solely at the feet of his mocking behavior without mentioning the menacing he engaged in.

ADHD is hocum. I mean, I believe there could be something to it; but scientifically a bunch of quacks have blown it up. ADHD is not comparable to cerebral palsy. The dude was out of line.

Forum List

Back