The government throws a man in jail for mocking a girl

because of children with ADHD I'm against parents spanking and whipping their children, I believe that generations ago parents never understood nor knew that kids with ADHD are not really bad they just have a condition.

Problem is that half the kids with 'ADHD' are just little shits in need of a good kick up the bum. Brat plays up in school, he must have ADD. Its bullshit.

Bullshit, no kid is supposed to get whipped, that's child abuse.

because of children with ADHD I'm against parents spanking and whipping their children, I believe that generations ago parents never understood nor knew that kids with ADHD are not really bad they just have a condition.

Problem is that half the kids with 'ADHD' are just little shits in need of a good kick up the bum. Brat plays up in school, he must have ADD. Its bullshit.

Okay, let me rephrase. Most kids who have 'ADHD' need a bit of discipline.

.................. :rolleyes: :eusa_boohoo:

By all means, call in the therapist and start pumping in those drugs at the first opportunity. THAT is child abuse, you flaccid fool.

By all means, call in the therapist and start pumping in those drugs at the first opportunity. THAT is child abuse, you flaccid fool.

Especially when the kid doesn't even need drugs, and is just on them because his/her idiot parent can't be bothered being a real parent and dealing with the problems their child has.

Especially when the kid doesn't even need drugs, and is just on them because his/her idiot parent can't be bothered being a real parent and dealing with the problems their child has.

Okay, I'm a mom of two special needs kids. Both ends of the autism spectrum. Originally, my oldest was diagnosed with ADHD. FYI, those drugs don't work if they don't have it, the drugs have the opposite effect and made the situation worse. For my son, the drug I put him on in first grade work. I took him off of it in third grade when he started developing facial ticks. That medication he was on, one of the side effects were torrette's syndrome, and it was permanent.

One of my friends once said to me about my oldest child "If you spanked him more often, wouldn't he act more normal?" I was never so hurt in my life. You can't spank the special needs out of a child. You can't discipline it out of him.

Not one of you knows what you are talking about.

And FYI, ADHD is not a made up disorder, there is a physical difference in the brain. The problem is, they don't want to put kids through the kind of test to determine that, so they make guesses and usually do a blind study. This kid is put on pills for 3 weeks, a different pill every week, one of them is a placebo and only the one running the study knows which. Then they figure out if the drug was working or not. If it was, they keep the kid on it.

My son was on a drug from 1st - 3rd grade. I took him off due to the side effects.

ADHD do not need to be spanked more, they don't need more discipline, they need accommodations.

My son was so hyper in first grade he couldn't sit still for 5 minutes. The teacher's answer to that was to keep him in at recess and make him sit in his chair, of course, that just made things even worse. I think common sense should be a requirement for teachers.

When I suggested they take him out at recess they were all indignant. "He can't be rewarded for misbehaving." Well recess isn't a reward, it's a requirement. I suggested that instead of trying to make him sit still for recess, they take him out and make him run laps so he will be tired enough after recess to sit still. Again, they were all indignant "We can't do that, that's the teachers break time. No one can watch him, or make him run laps." That school was filled with idiots. And all of them thought my son needed more discipline. What he needed was a class structure that worked with him not against him.

I finally took him out of that school and started homeschooling him. Today he says that he's sorry I ever put him back in the public schools. He thinks he would have been better off without them. I wish I'd kept him home too. I'm sorry, he could pass the tests with an "A" but because he couldn't do their little busy work homework, they wanted to flunk him. They of course didn't follow his IEP which required that they tell ME what his homework assignments were so I could make sure he did them. No, they waited until 2 weeks before the semester ended to give me this gigantic list of homework he hadn't completed. His IEP REQUIRED that they inform me DAILY. I had to fight to get them not to flunk him, and I'm sorry if he knows the subject, how can you flunk him? If YOU didn't follow his IEP, how is it HIS fault?

ADHD, like Autism, is a neurobiological disorder. That means there is a physical difference in the brain. A physical difference in the brain means they didn't just make it up out of thin air. It exists. All the discipline in the world isn't going to make and ADHD person "normal".

Gatsby wrote: But I don't want the government thinking it's their right to throw people in jail for exercising their first amendment rights.

So ridiculing a disabled girl is your idea of free speech??

Avatar wrote: I don't know what's worse, the fact that this guy did this, or the fact that the government thinks they should infringe on our free speech rights because of it.

So you don't know the difference either???
:mad:
Judge Sentences Ohio Man to 29 Days in Jail for Imitating Disabled Girl's Limp
November 28, 2012 - In an apparent case of rudeness being elevated to criminality, a 43-year-old Ohio man has been sentenced to 29 days in jail for mocking a ten-year-old girl with cerebral palsy.
Canton (Ohio) Municipal Judge John A. Poulos ordered the maximum sentence for William Bailey, who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing, the Associated Press reported. According to the The (Canton) Repository, Bailey was captured on a cellphone video imitating the way the girl, who uses crutches and has trouble walking.

An earlier report in The Repository said Bailey and his nine-year-old son walked away from the bus stop, dragging one leg. They were videotaped by the girl's mother, Tricia Knight, who took the video to local television stations, where it was played on-air. William Bailey reportedly said he was reacting to name-calling and taunts directed at his son by the Knight family.

Municipal Court Judge John A. Poulos on Tuesday ordered Bailey to report to the Stark County Jail on Jan. 2 to begin a 29-day sentence. The Repository said he must also pay $400 in court costs plus fines. Bailey apologized to the girl and her family in court. Jennifer Fitzsimmons, Canton’s assistant city prosecutor, was quoted as saying, "It's unfortunate that it had to come to this,” but she also said the case would bring "recognition to the problem" of bullying.

MORE & Video

Is the first amendment based upon you can say what you want but only if you're really nice about it? We start throwing guys like this in prison today and tomorrow it's protestors against the government.

Not only that..but the cost to jail him is from our pockets.

Canton Municipal Judge John A. Poulos ordered the maximum sentence for 43-year-old William Bailey, who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing.

The (Canton) Repository reports that Bailey was caught on cellphone video at a school bus stop in October making fun of how the 10-year-old disabled girl walks.

The video of him seemingly imitating her limp was disseminated online and on local TV news. Bailey denied he was mocking the girl, saying he was reacting to name-calling directed at his 9-year-old son.

The video was shot in October by Hope Holocomb's grandmother at a bus stop, and shows what appears to be both Bailey and his son each walking with a pronounced limp.

Bailey, for his part, declined to talk on camera, but at the time told The New York Daily News that he was injured on the job and was suffering from bruised ribs and twisted back when the video was shot.

His wife told Fox8.com that this is all part of an ongoing dispute and that Hope's family has called her son names.

So, a 43 year old ADULT parent of a 9 y/o boy, who (Mom claims) had been called names:
*what names :confused:
*what context :confused:
*who called the 9 y/o names :confused:

mocks a 10 y/o disabled girl and includes his son along for the adventure.

The children can't settle the dispute themselves?
Seriously, at that age both children probably would have grown out of this stage had not the parent involved himself.

WTH is wrong with this country??

It's not the country...it's the people who reside here who abuses their rights.

Gatsby wrote: But I don't want the government thinking it's their right to throw people in jail for exercising their first amendment rights.

So ridiculing a disabled girl is your idea of free speech??

Avatar wrote: I don't know what's worse, the fact that this guy did this, or the fact that the government thinks they should infringe on our free speech rights because of it.

So you don't know the difference either???
:mad:
Judge Sentences Ohio Man to 29 Days in Jail for Imitating Disabled Girl's Limp
November 28, 2012 - In an apparent case of rudeness being elevated to criminality, a 43-year-old Ohio man has been sentenced to 29 days in jail for mocking a ten-year-old girl with cerebral palsy.
Canton (Ohio) Municipal Judge John A. Poulos ordered the maximum sentence for William Bailey, who pleaded no contest Tuesday to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing, the Associated Press reported. According to the The (Canton) Repository, Bailey was captured on a cellphone video imitating the way the girl, who uses crutches and has trouble walking.

An earlier report in The Repository said Bailey and his nine-year-old son walked away from the bus stop, dragging one leg. They were videotaped by the girl's mother, Tricia Knight, who took the video to local television stations, where it was played on-air. William Bailey reportedly said he was reacting to name-calling and taunts directed at his son by the Knight family.

Municipal Court Judge John A. Poulos on Tuesday ordered Bailey to report to the Stark County Jail on Jan. 2 to begin a 29-day sentence. The Repository said he must also pay $400 in court costs plus fines. Bailey apologized to the girl and her family in court. Jennifer Fitzsimmons, Canton’s assistant city prosecutor, was quoted as saying, "It's unfortunate that it had to come to this,” but she also said the case would bring "recognition to the problem" of bullying.

MORE & Video

If we threw people in jail for saying stupid and mean things, this board would be barren and I'd be overworked.

It IS free speech, and we all know the difference.

Do you really think this assholes behavior rises to a jail sentence?

Wow.

No, it is NOT free speech. It's bullying. A grown man mocking a disabled child can also be seen as menacing.

"Free speech" NEVER means one has the right to torment another. Ask any attorney that's worked a domestic abuse case.
Wow, another one.

What speech or actions shall we do away with next? After all, we are basing the rights of people on the fact that we can never offend anyone at all.

Unpopular speech is the speech that requires the most protection.

If you are a grandmother as you name claims, I would have thought you'd have learned that by now.

The Lord save us from people who wish to limit others on the bases of their outrage.

Forum List

Back