The GOP didn't win on tax cuts

From 2001 to, weill, 2010, all we heard was that the Bush tax cuts were for the rich, and the working/middle class got squat.

Yes, and there was ZERO job growth during Bush's entire reign AND the economy tanked EVEN THOUGH WE'D HAD 10 YEARS OF THESE BOGUS TAX CUTS. But somehow, MAGICALLY, these tax cuts will now turn the economy around to boom times and jobs will proliferate like rabbits. Because we all know that voodoo economics work SO WELL for this country. God, Americans have to be the stupidest people on the planet to fall for the GOP's never-ending millionaire ass-kissing nonsense. Oh wait, Americans no longer have a voice (well, not 98% of us, anyway)... only corporations, big Agra, big Pharma the MIC, the uber-wealthy and lobbyists matter.

I'll just sit back and wait for the magic to happen.

Last edited:
Yes, and there was ZERO job growth during Bush's entire reign...
Better check that again -- the BLS disagrees with you.
There was positive bob growth even in GWB -first-term.
Aside from that, your red herring doesn't address anything I said.
But somehow, MAGICALLY, these tax cuts will now turn the economy around to boom times and jobs will proliferate like rabbits
So you think The Obama should have allowed all the tax cuts expire?

Better check that again -- the BLS disagrees with you.
There was positive bob growth even in GWB -first-term.
Aside from that, your red herring doesn't address anything I said.
Wrong. There was ZERO net job growth from 2000 to 2008
As I said -- the BLS disagrees with you.

How do you suppose working/middle class families will afford this?

How do you suppose working/middle class families will afford this?
The median salary in this country is around 49K. 250+K is not middle class and CERTAINLY not working class.
This doesn't answer my question.
By allowing ALL of the cuts to expire - as you suggest - taxes go up on EVERYONE, especially working/middle-class families.
How do you expect those working/middle class families to afford that?

This doesn't answer my question.
By allowing ALL of the cuts to expire - as you suggest - taxes go up on EVERYONE, especially working/middle-class families.

No they wouldn't, middle class and working class people would keep their tax cut AND businesses would get their payroll tax cut, spurring job growth. I never said to let the tax cuts on the middle class expire, only on the wealthy. The wealthy would revert backto tax rates under Clinton (when they were STILL wealthy, mind you). It is the lower classes that spend extra money they get. Look at the tax cuts that the uber wealthy have received the last 10 years (which were supposed to create jobs and, er spark the economy)... where are the jobs? Why is the economy not booming? It's because this trickle down crap doesn't work, has never worked and never will work.

Last edited:
No they wouldn't, middle class and working class people would keep their tax cut...
Not if ---ALL--- the tax cuts were eliminated -- as ---YOU--- suggested.

So you think The Obama should have allowed all the tax cuts expire?
Yes. Maybe he could up the limit to 500K or 1 million.

So, again:

obama is going to come out on top for this....

the gop screwed up by not agreeing to tax cuts for those over a million

you watch...obama's compromise will win him over with americans....now he can let the pubs hang themselves, calling themselves victors for "winning" this and "causing" obama to capitulate....just for keeping taxes lower for those making over $1 million dollars....i know the 250 was floated...but then it went up to a million....

in one year or less, pubs will regret this

However? We still have the fight over ObamaCare which is a large TAX in of itself.

Who says that the parts going into effect have to be funded?

Or any other programs have to be funded in the budget?

This isn't over by a long shot. Lots of work to do.

Of course it is... the admin is arguing in court that it is a tax.

Oh boy, another bunch of lefties whining their class envy mantras.. how refreshing.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Evill rich folks... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fucking sad.

However? We still have the fight over ObamaCare which is a large TAX in of itself.

i didn't mean to imply its all over....just this one issue is not the victory many pubs are claiming....

obamacare is atrocious and needs to be repealed....IMO, we need to expand and FIX medicare, we don't need another government run h/c that is totally seperate

i really don't see the justification for pubs holding strong against not letting tax cuts go for those making over a million....

Absolutely. Expand Medicare to cover all American Citizens. Canada provides a good example of how to do it. So, let's do it.
Really? Guess there's problems in the Canadian paradise of healthcare...eh?

CANADA REVISES IT'S HEALTHCARE SYSTEM

Canada has made changes to its universal health care system to try to cut back on soaring costs.

Reuters has reported some changes include a possible new health care tax. And one unpopular idea has Canadians making payments for medical visits that were once free.

Most Canadians do not want any changes to their free health care. Some analysts predict health care will make up 70 percent of the Canadian government's budget in 12 years.

"Our objective is to preserve the quality healthcare system we have and indeed to enhance it. But there are difficult decisions ahead and we will continue to make them," Ontario Finance Minister Dwight Duncan told Reuters.

Rut-roh...:eusa_hand:

obama is going to come out on top for this....

the gop screwed up by not agreeing to tax cuts for those over a million

you watch...obama's compromise will win him over with americans....now he can let the pubs hang themselves, calling themselves victors for "winning" this and "causing" obama to capitulate....just for keeping taxes lower for those making over $1 million dollars....i know the 250 was floated...but then it went up to a million....

in one year or less, pubs will regret this

Of course it is... the admin is arguing in court that it is a tax.

Thing is they've toggled between it was allowed by the Commerce Clause...and then turned around and said it was OK because they had taxing authority.

My question is which is it?

i didn't mean to imply its all over....just this one issue is not the victory many pubs are claiming....

obamacare is atrocious and needs to be repealed....IMO, we need to expand and FIX medicare, we don't need another government run h/c that is totally seperate

i really don't see the justification for pubs holding strong against not letting tax cuts go for those making over a million....

Absolutely. Expand Medicare to cover all American Citizens. Canada provides a good example of how to do it. So, let's do it.
Really? Guess there's problems in the Canadian paradise of healthcare...eh?

CANADA REVISES IT'S HEALTHCARE SYSTEM

Canada has made changes to its universal health care system to try to cut back on soaring costs.

Reuters has reported some changes include a possible new health care tax. And one unpopular idea has Canadians making payments for medical visits that were once free.

Most Canadians do not want any changes to their free health care. Some analysts predict health care will make up 70 percent of the Canadian government's budget in 12 years.

"Our objective is to preserve the quality healthcare system we have and indeed to enhance it. But there are difficult decisions ahead and we will continue to make them," Ontario Finance Minister Dwight Duncan told Reuters.

Rut-roh...:eusa_hand:

It already makes up 55% of the budget in Ontario (up from 40% a decade ago) and around 40% in BC.

Canada will be fucked up the asshole if there aren't drastic changes in the next decade or so.

Forum List

Back