The GOP didn't win on tax cuts

one major problem with this whole thing is taxes werent cut. They remain the same.

Who gives a shit which party comes out on top?

If both parties disappeared tomorrow I would still be an American living in America. THAT matters.

The parties are just a cancer eating the nation alive.

Do you morn the loss of the cancer when you survive the disease?

there will always be parties....

or do you propose a one party system or perhaps a saddam style government....

the names may change, the party's platforms may change....but in this country, the party system works the best

one major problem with this whole thing is taxes werent cut. They remain the same.

they were cut...the sunset is setting....

with no action, they remain the same as before the cut

No. They simply aren't being raised now. That's not a cut. That's keeping the status quo.

It keeps there from being negative inpact from an increase of taxes, but it doesn't lower any taxes to spur job creation.

Add to that that we now have more spending and im wondering if this compromise was a good idea at all.

The only real cut i see is with the payroll tax and thats just a holiday not a real cut.

If both parties disappeared tomorrow I would still be an American living in America. THAT matters.

the names may change, the party's platforms may change....but in this country, the party system works the best

How about just plain Statesmen that take time out from thier normal line of work...serve a few years and then go home and let others take up the cause.

Even Washington warned of partisan afilliations over country...But I forgot...he's dead, it was over 200 years ago... so it doesn't matter. Just ask any Statist on these boards.

obama is going to come out on top for this....

the gop screwed up by not agreeing to tax cuts for those over a million

you watch...obama's compromise will win him over with americans....now he can let the pubs hang themselves, calling themselves victors for "winning" this and "causing" obama to capitulate....just for keeping taxes lower for those making over $1 million dollars....i know the 250 was floated...but then it went up to a million....

in one year or less, pubs will regret this

The Republicans got Obama to fold inspite of being the minority party. Obama held the key cards and still gave in to everything the Republicans wanted

Republican temper tantrum worked

What would be the best way for replugs who lost their asses to control government? How about cutting a deal with an unknown Chicago Overcoat black man that Democrats would eat up, and get him seated as president to do their bidding. Not all to obvious, give corporations some breaks, give the rich some big breaks, give the middle class unfunded NHC, always lean the ship to the right when really needed.

For instance, what was giving the unions a temporary exemption when they are only 12% of the working population. What was Obama thinking bailing out banks, corporations, and wall street, as a stimulus? Why are the wars still going for the benefit of hundreds of corporations? Out of sight, out of mind, huh. He didn't give it to the people who elected him, the most obvious eco 101 thing to do. He showed the people no allegiance, just like Bush the conservative.

Put a little thought into that.

You see that was Bush's job, but he was a known conservative.

Last edited:

The price tag on this plan is 900 billion. How much bigger a price tag did you want on it?

If you are concerned about the price. Forget about the unemployment extensions and start lowering taxes. That way people have money. The economy grows. People go to work. More money starts coming in.

And then cut government spending.

Cut money, Cut spending. Get the hell out of our lives.

Put down the bong dude!! Obama’s announcement that he’ll keep all tax rates at the current levels is a HUGE victory for the GOP. Here’s a man who banked his entire presidential run on rescinding “tax cuts for the rich.” It was his central talking point!! Remember that ?? I sure do!!

For him, raising taxes on the “wealthy” wasn’t just "political positioning", it was deeply ideological, part of his core philosophy. Here’s a man who has lamented that the Supreme Court never codified “retribution of wealth” in our legal code!! This is the same asshole who made Joe the Plumber a household name by telling him how wonderful it was to “spread the wealth around.” :lol: :lol: He was totally totally humiliated....

This was a MAJOR victory for the GOP!! Obama is the new Jimmy Carter- a one term failure that ushers in a new reign of conservative DOMINANCE.

In other words the GOP bought a small stake into the Class Warfare scheme?

The GOP has owned a 50% stake in the class warfare meme since it was invented. Why else would they make the central tenet of their election campaign the expiration of a tax on millionaires and billionaires?

I had thought you had an idea what was going on but your last comment still shows your political partisanship. The democrats have had control of Congress for 4 years they are the ones who gave the rich bankers all the money. they are the ones that have given billions to banks.

The price tag on this plan is 900 billion. How much bigger a price tag did you want on it?

Since when did it cost money to let people keep their money??

Where do you progressives get off thinking it is YOUR money? You didn't work for it so its NOT YOURS!!!

This is the fundemental DIFFERENCE between the way you think and the way conservatives think.

In other words the GOP bought a small stake into the Class Warfare scheme?

The GOP has owned a 50% stake in the class warfare meme since it was invented. Why else would they make the central tenet of their election campaign the expiration of a tax on millionaires and billionaires?

I had thought you had an idea what was going on but your last comment still shows your political partisanship. The democrats have had control of Congress for 4 years they are the ones who gave the rich bankers all the money. they are the ones that have given billions to banks.

sorry bloke, but it was under Bush that TARP was enacted. And who nominated Bernanke to the fed chair?

BUSH did!

I am not a partisan, but you are.

Last edited:

Actually it sucks ass. Political parties should be criminalized.

you watch...obama's compromise will win him over with americans....now he can let the pubs hang themselves, calling themselves victors for "winning" this and "causing" obama to capitulate....just for keeping taxes lower for those making over $1 million dollars....i know the 250 was floated...but then it went up to a million....

Your absolutely correct, Obama got exactly what he wanted.

:cuckoo::eusa_liar::confused:

There are no "tax cuts". Its maintaining existing tax tables. NOT raising taxes is not a "tax cut".

Forum List

Back