The Goodness of the 1950s

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
when you could leave your doors unlocked.

A totally superior era in which to live - maybe the best of all time or that ever will be..................

I don't care when you were born if you leave your doors unlocked, you're an idiot.

A totally superior era in which to live - maybe the best of all time or that ever will be..................

And from that superior era ....spawned the hippies and race wars.

Reactionary idiocy.

Segregation

Discrimination

Poll Taxes

Literacy Tests

Restrictions against Jews

And sixty years from now there’ll still be reactionary nitwits longing for the good ol’ days that are today.

I never thought of that...i was born in 1953, my high school years were 1967, graduated in 1971. I guess i really didn't think alot about it because i wasn't like the hippies and no problem with other races.

I never thought of that...i was born in 1953, my high school years were 1967, graduated in 1971. I guess i really didn't think alot about it because i wasn't like the hippies and no problem with other races.

all my dreams of the50s are in black and white

I grew up in san francisco....... ;)

I remember the 50's and from what my decrepit mind recalls it wasn't such a wonderful period, not as glamorous as some would make it out to be.

50s were a great time...

As long as you weren't black, an ambitious woman, gay, foreign, liberal, non-smoker......

On second thought, I prefer today

I remember the 50's and from what my decrepit mind recalls it wasn't such a wonderful period, not as glamorous as some would make it out to be.

I wasnt bron in the 50's

What i do remember is that the children of he 50's turned into the ass holes of the 60 and 70 who shit canned san francisco.

The cars.
The music.
The swinsuits.
The freedom that lay just ahead.

The beach parties.
The fires by the lake.
The boys.
The dangers that lay just ahead.

I loved those days. I can't apologize for loving those days. Pretty much all of my days that came after entailed suffering of some kind. Anyone who wants to begrudge those of us who love that time the good days we had can blow it out your ass. You're just jealous!

Last edited:

I wasnt bron in the 50's

What i do remember is that the children of he 50's turned into the ass holes of the 60 and 70 who shit canned san francisco.

Yeah, we saw all that stuff on TV. In black and white. It was still the 50s here! :clap2:

No one mentioned the Korean war? Which was not a war...

The average lifespan?

100X more deaths from Cardiac problems? No stints or bypass surgery, etc.

Polio still a major problem.

Reagan was a Democrat!

Last edited:

I wasnt bron in the 50's

Yeah, we saw all that stuff on TV. In black and white. It was still the 50s here! :clap2:

i got to see a good deal of of it up close and personal.... and in living color..... the 50's did not produce much of anything good in my opinion.

Forum List

Back