The Four-State Solution

According to Wiki, this was a secret offer made to Abbas in 2008 on the condition that it be accepted immediately. Abbas replied that he needed time to study it, and the offer apparently expired.
Don’t believe it for a second; however playing Devils advocate; say it’s true? He hasn’t had enough time to study it? I KNOW what you’re going to say; Netanyahu wouldn’t accept it. So, who cares? Why couldn’t he make himself the “ Hero”
Announce to the World ha accepted a prior offer but Netanyahu won’t abide by it?

Of course it would be great if there weren't hate, bigotry, radical Islam, corrupted politicians. 'Imagine all the people..'

I didn't ask about that. I am more interested in practical terms.
Until they change the education about Jews and Jews having their own country, there are not practical terms.

There is only Israel defending it population and territory.

Only East Jerusalem was offered as a Palestinian Capital. The international City issue was before 1948.
I thought Olmert offered that NO ONE had Jurisdiction over Jerusalem and it would be monitored by approx 4 other Countries

Okay, maybe I mixed some things up. Abbas is more than okay with his current status. Making a fortune out of thin air with no responsibilities.

How many times should I repeat that I am not advocating for Palestinians?
Never said u were

I thought Olmert offered that NO ONE had Jurisdiction over Jerusalem and it would be monitored by approx 4 other Countries
According to one of the documents, the Palestinian Authority was prepared to concede most Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem, as well as the Armenian Quarter, with the exception of Har Homa. The Temple Mount would be temporarily administrated by a joint body consisting of the Palestinian Authority, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United States until a permanent solution was reached.[23]

At the meeting in Jerusalem in November 2007, Tzipi Livni became visibly angry when asked about the demographic composition of the future Israeli state. She was quoted as saying, "Israel the state of the Jewish people—and I would like to emphasize the meaning of 'its people' is the Jewish people—with Jerusalem the united and undivided capital of Israel and of the Jewish people for 3,007 years". The Palestinians team then protested her position on Jerusalem. She responded by saying "Now I have to say, before we continue, in order to continue we have to put out Jerusalem from your statement and from our place. We have enough differences, without putting another one out there".[28]

-------------------
Temporarily.

And no, Israel would never divide Jerusalem.

Don’t believe it for a second; however playing Devils advocate; say it’s true? He hasn’t had enough time to study it? I KNOW what you’re going to say; Netanyahu wouldn’t accept it. So, who cares? Why couldn’t he make himself the “ Hero”
Announce to the World ha accepted a prior offer but Netanyahu won’t abide by it?
Abbas would not accept ANY proposal anymore than Arafat would.

It would be their death sentence. One must understand the Muslim mind about land once conquered by Muslims.

Can Muslims become full citizens of Israel?
Yes. The two million Palestinian people who chose to live, work, worship whatever in Israel are full Israeli citizens with all rights of Jewish Israelis. The only caveat that I believe is still in place is that they are not required to do mandatory military service so that they won't be required to fight against friends and family who live outside Israel in areas that regularly attack Israel. Israel has no state religion and the Palestinians are completely free to worship in their Islamic faith.

They are allowed a fixed number of seats on the Knesset though because Israel must maintain a strong Jewish majority or it will cease to be Israel.

Until they change the education about Jews and Jews having their own country, there are not practical terms.

There is only Israel defending it population and territory.
Then be prepared for another attacks on Israel. Possibly more aggressive, wide-spread, resulting in a regional war with outside powers being involved.

Then be prepared for another attacks on Israel. Possibly more aggressive, wide-spread, resulting in a regional war with outside powers being involved.
Israel has been prepared since 1948. It has no delusions.

And there already are a few Muslim powers involved.
Iran, Lebanon, Yemen, Syria

Yes. The two million Palestinian people who chose to live, work, worship whatever in Israel are full Israeli citizens with all rights of Jewish Israelis. The only caveat that I believe is still in place is that they are not required to do mandatory military service so that they won't be required to fight against friends and family who live outside Israel in areas that regularly attack Israel. Israel has no state religion and the Palestinians are completely free to worship in their Islamic faith.

They are allowed a fixed number of seats on the Knesset though because Israel must maintain a strong Jewish majority or it will cease to be Israel.
Then they are not full citizens.

Then they are not full citizens.
They are full Israeli citizens, many have joined the IDF.

Why not understand the respect Israel gives those Muslims where they are not obligated to serve in the Israeli army due to having families in Gaza or elsewhere?

They vote, they serve in the Knesset, and most are against what Hamas did.

Here is one of them:

2% of the population is not enough to warrant to warrant a separate House. However, they could still vote in whichever House election they wanted (to).
LOL, The LGBTQ bunch in this country don't make up that much of the population and they still demand recognition. Bottom line is all of those superficial traits have no standing --- a person is a human deserving of recognition and shouldn't be elected on the basis of religion, ethnic, gender or any other trait, nor should the reps vote with any of those issues in mind.

According to one of the documents, the Palestinian Authority was prepared to concede most Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem, as well as the Armenian Quarter, with the exception of Har Homa. The Temple Mount would be temporarily administrated by a joint body consisting of the Palestinian Authority, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United States until a permanent solution was reached.[23]

At the meeting in Jerusalem in November 2007, Tzipi Livni became visibly angry when asked about the demographic composition of the future Israeli state. She was quoted as saying, "Israel the state of the Jewish people—and I would like to emphasize the meaning of 'its people' is the Jewish people—with Jerusalem the united and undivided capital of Israel and of the Jewish people for 3,007 years". The Palestinians team then protested her position on Jerusalem. She responded by saying "Now I have to say, before we continue, in order to continue we have to put out Jerusalem from your statement and from our place. We have enough differences, without putting another one out there".[28]

-------------------
Temporarily.

And no, Israel would never divide Jerusalem.
Thanks Though Olmert proposed that it be a INTERNATIONAL CITY for EVERYONE

The current Israel-Palestine bifurcation has resulted in seemingly endless conflict. The frequently mentioned "two-state" option would do nothing more than to memorialize this religious/political conflict. Perhaps it is time to expand the concept of what a lasting solution to this problem might look like.

As previously mentioned, this conflict is both religious and political in nature. Israel considers itself to be a Jewish state governed by a secular political system, whereas Palestine considers itself to be a political entity to be governed by Muslim principles. As a result, there are at least four different concepts which must be deal with. Why not divide these concepts and try to conquer the status quo?

A "Four-State" solution would entail the establishment of a single political entity that would recognize the rights and responsibilities of all citizens within its boundaries. This would include a governing legislature comprised of four houses: Israeli, Jewish, Palestinian and Muslim. Each citizen would have to register for and vote in only one house election. In order to pass new legislation, at least three of the four houses would have to agree. Otherwise, the current governmental structure would remain in place.

Wouldn't this provide new opportunities for a way out of the present dilemma? Are there any other feasible solutions out there?

A "Four-State" solution would entail the establishment of a single political entity that would recognize the rights and responsibilities of all citizens within its boundaries. This would include a governing legislature comprised of four houses: Israeli, Jewish, Palestinian and Muslim.

Four states sound great!
Israel....and the "Palestinians" can move to Syria, Jordan and Iran.

Israel has been prepared since 1948. It has no delusions.

And there already are a few Muslim powers involved.
Iran, Lebanon, Yemen, Syria
Taking into consideration the recent attack, I am not so sure about that. Neither about their preparedness, nor about foreign powers' direct involvement.

The conflict is not political at all.
It is all about ALL of the land in Muslim hands.

The only other solution is for all Arab/Muslim countries to stop teaching hatred of Jews, accepting Israel as a country, and living in peace with it.

That will not happen because of what is written in Islamic writings and laws about any rights any Jews have in lands conquered by Islam.

This isn't about religion..

For centuries there was no conflict. In the 19th century the land of Palestine was inhabited by a multicultural population – approximately 86 percent Muslim, 10 percent Christian, and 4 percent Jewish – living in peace

You are doing nothing but exaggerating everything. But thanks for taking the Arab word about everything.

Jews have lived in Gaza since Judaism began.
The only time they did not, was when they were expelled in 1920 by the British for fear of being attacked. That was the excuse. They were not allowed to return until Egypt lost that land in 1967 for attacking Israel again.

Between 1948 and 1967 not ONE Arab ever mentioned a Palestinian State, or the need to get the land from the Egyptians.

In 2005 the Israeli government got all 9000 Jews out of Gaza by force for the Arabs to turn the area into the country they wanted.

Hamas took over and has done nothing but steal and turn everything they could into rockets, etc to attack Israel with.

To resume:

1). No Jews or Israelis in Gaza since 2005

2)Greenhouses were left behind for the Arabs to use. Instead, they destroyed them all.

3) Hamas took over and instead of turning Gaza into a touristic heaven............

4) Millions of dollars from the West, from Arab/Muslim countries......went where?

Israel is not only NOT going to pulverize Gaza, it is only after Hamas and its infrastructure, but it is not going to expel 2 Million Arabs from Gaza either.

And do pay attention on how not only Egypt does not care to help the people of Gaza, but neither does Jordan, in order to take any refugees they can.

Hamas has stolen most of the gas necessary in hospitals to use it against Israel.

Hospitals have been shutting down because Hamas got possession of that gas, and won't give it to the hospitals which need it.

Hamas uses that gas for itself and to help propel rockets against Israel.

Israel is doing the right thing. It is going ONLY after Hamas and other terrorist groups which caused the massacre on 10/7.

Believe all the anti Israel sources you like. It will not change one bit what happened and what Israel is doing and going to finish doing with Hamas.

Before 1967 it was pretty quiet except for Israeli raids into Lebanon and Syria. The West Bank and East Jerusalem were very nice.... No soldiers.

This isn't about religion..

For centuries there was no conflict. In the 19th century the land of Palestine was inhabited by a multicultural population – approximately 86 percent Muslim, 10 percent Christian, and 4 percent Jewish – living in peace
There is a Jewish State now and nothing is going to change it

Forum List

Back