The Four Pillars of Progressivism

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
From near as I can tell, there are 4 pillars of Progressivism which is their foundation. All four of these pillars is an assault on the Constitution. Why? Because the Constitution is a document that attempted to create a government that is limited. In other words, those in government are viewed as not having any superior intellectual capacity or righteous character than the average citizen. Such outrageous thinking must be destroyed so that every aspect in our lives is overseen and regulated by government who are the master race. Why without Big Brother monitoring our every move, we would all be dying in the streets as we render the planet inhabitable environmentally.

1. Illegal Immigration. Illegal immigration is the first pillar. It carries with it the notion that borders are not needed. We hear many Progs today say as much. So if there are no borders, then there are no sovereign nations. If there are no sovereign nations, then the Republic becomes obsolete, along with its documents such as the Constitution. Then an all powerful world government can be set up with a more "enlightened" Constitution that will be offered.

2. Massive debt. Massive debt will eventually destroy the Republic. It is not a matter of if, but when. No nation can continue trillion dollar deficits indefinitely. How they got this far is nothing short of a miracle. And as the Republic folds, again, so do it's documents.

3. Assault on Christianity. Many think that morality and government are separate, but in reality, all laws represent a moral code. Moreover, only a moral society can be trusted with freedom. As Ben Franklin once said, "In these sentiments, sir, I agree to this Constitution, with all its faults, if they are such; because I think that a General government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered; and I believe further that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as toned despotic government, being incapable of any other." If society loses its moral soul and becomes a nation of convicts, then a warden is required to maintain order. Ripping morality out of schools and the rest of society is key to their cause. It's like I've always said, prison is a Prog utopia. Everyone has equal housing, dress, food, education, and health care and all of it is free. Not only that, these are "gun free zones" and every day is a gay pride day.

4. Centralized all powerful government. The last pillar upon which Progressivism rests is an all powerful centralized government. The only time this is not embraced is when it infringes upon one of the other pillars. For you see Progs today run around chanting state rights when it comes to illegal drug legalization or moving illegals around from sanctuary city to sanctuary city. For example, refeer use is a federal crime, as is illegal immigration. Progs are simply openly defying these rules of law as states like Colorado legalize the use of reefer or cities openly declare themselves a refuge for illegals. However, when it comes to any other issue, state rights go bye, bye. Instead, with Obama in office writing EO's that violate federal law on such things as immigration, then all of a sudden the federal government becomes the ultimate authority again. Then when states like Arizona try and stand up to enforce immigration laws on the books, they get sued by Obama and company and forced to comply with the law,. We have now become a nation of men, not laws, which further degrades the Constitution as a meaningless document to be reinterpreted awayor simply ignored by Progs to the point where no one even refers to it anymore.

Last edited:
From near as I can tell, there are 4 pillars of Progressivism which is their foundation. All four of these pillars is an assault on the Constitution. Why? Because the Constitution is a document that attempted to create a government that is limited. In other words, those in government are viewed as not having any superior intellectual capacity or righteous character than the average citizen. Such outrageous thinking must be destroyed so that every aspect in our lives is overseen and regulated by government who are the master race. Why without Big Brother monitoring our every move, we would all be dying in the streets as we render the planet inhabitable environmentally.

1. Illegal Immigration. Illegal immigration is the first pillar. It carries with it the notion that borders are not needed. We hear many Progs today say as much. So if there are no borders, then there are no sovereign nations. If there are no sovereign nations, then the Republic becomes obsolete, along with its documents such as the Constitution. Then an all powerful world government can be set up with a more "enlightened" Constitution that will be offered.

2. Massive debt. Massive debt will eventually destroy the Republic. It is not a matter of if, but when. No nation can continue trillion dollar deficits indefinitely. How they got this far is nothing short of a miracle. And as the Republic folds, again, so do it's documents.

3. Assault on Christianity. Many think that morality and government are separate, but in reality, all laws represent a moral code. Moreover, only a moral society can be trusted with freedom. As Ben Franklin once said, "In these sentiments, sir, I agree to this Constitution, with all its faults, if they are such; because I think that a General government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered; and I believe further that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as toned despotic government, being incapable of any other." If society loses its moral soul and becomes a nation of convicts, then a warden is required to maintain order. Ripping morality out of schools and the rest of society is key to their cause. It's like I've always said, prison is a Prog utopia. Everyone has equal housing, dress, food, education, and health care and all of it is free. Not only that, these are "gun free zones" and every day is a gay pride day.

4. Centralized all powerful government. The last pillar upon which Progressivism rests is an all powerful centralized government. The only time this is not embraced is when it infringes upon one of the other pillars. For you see Progs today run around chanting state rights when it comes to illegal drug legalization or moving illegals around from sanctuary city to sanctuary city. For example, refeer use is a federal crime, as is illegal immigration. Progs are simply openly defying these rules of law as states like Colorado legalize the use of reefer or cities openly declare themselves a refuge for illegals. However, when it comes to any other issue, state rights go bye, bye. Instead, with Obama in office writing EO's that violate federal law on such things as immigration, then all of a sudden the federal government becomes the ultimate authority again. Then when states like Arizona try and stand up to enforce immigration laws on the books, they get sued by Obama and company and forced to comply with the law,. We have now become a nation of men, not laws, which further degrades the Constitution as a meaningless document to be reinterpreted awayor simply ignored by Progs to the point where no one even refers to it anymore.

Comically wrong on all counts.

Maybe you could try actually talking to progressives instead of repeating whatever shit you heard on hate radio.

That might be an awesome idea.

Maybe you could respond to the opening thread instead of falsely accusing me that I heard it on the radio.

That would be an even better idea.

The next post should read, "You are ugly and your breath stinks"

Of course, this is all the Prog mind is capable of in terms of intellectual capacity, that and a bigger and more powerful government will solve all our problems.

Been to Venezuela lately boys?

Of course, this is all the Prog mind is capable of in terms of intellectual capacity, that and a bigger and more powerful government will solve all our problems.

I offered the same amount of support for my position as you did for yours.

Maybe you could respond to the opening thread instead of falsely accusing me that I heard it on the radio.

That would be an even better idea.

I don't give you any credit for original thought unless you actually have one.

But let's take a look at this. Illegal immigration.

Okay, who is causing illegal immigration. Liberals who insist that undocumented workers be treated with some human dignity when they come here?

Or the rich, mostly white, mostly Republican business owners who hire them because they won't complain about low pay, unsafe working conditions and lack of benefits? Because it seems every time you guys try to put a cabinet together, you have a couple people who were paying nannies under the table.

Forget Ronnie Ray-gun gave 3 million of them Amnesty in the 1980's or that Baby Bush tried another Amnesty Scheme in the Mid-Oughts.

We could also discuss how NAFTA caused a lot of this problem by flooding the Mexican market with cheap yellow corn that displaced farmers of traditional white corn.

Here's the thing. We are all kind of responsible for illegal immigration, because we like eating cheap lettuce and we like shitting on clean toilets.

It's a 'pillar' of the Constitution (that thing you invoked) that a supreme federal government has the power to interpret, determine, defend, and enforce the constitutionality of the law in the United States.

Based upon what I have seen of the so-called "progressives" here, I would say there is no real ideology involved. Instead, it's:

1 -- original thought is anathema. Utter lockstep conformity is required.

2 -- label something "right wing" or "conservative" and take the opposite position.

3 -- Support Islamism to avoid being called a "racist".

4 -- When George Soros says "Jump", just say "how high?"

I have Peer Reviewed this post and find it 100% accurate

Maybe you could try actually talking to progressives instead of repeating whatever shit you heard on hate radio.

I have spoken with several. They are for the most part puerile, ill-educated foul-mouthed morons who become very upset when you point out the shortcomings of their political and historical knowledge.

I have spoken with several. They are for the most part puerile, ill-educated foul-mouthed morons who become very upset when you point out the shortcomings of their political and historical knowledge.

Namecalling all you got?

that a supreme federal government...
Where does it say that?

In the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution.

You should try to read that document someday. Based on how you post here, I'm guessing you'd be shocked at what it really amounts to.
Sure maggot breath. You go with that. Meanwhile back in reality it is saying the CONSTITUTION is the supreme law of the land, not the federal government. You dumb bastard.

Article VI
All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Namecalling all you got?

You think that's name calling? You must have been coddled more than most.

I merely presented observations based upon the behavior and intellect of the subjects.

We've read their posts in this forum, including yours. That's all the proof we need.

Namecalling all you got?

You think that's name calling? You must have been coddled more than most.

I merely presented observations based upon the behavior and intellect of the subjects.

Then post when I've done that. I've won every debate I've ever had with you.

Forum List

Back