The Forward Party

I could live with that, as long as we change the system under which they operate.

You're probably not going to understand that.
LOL. And, if you admit that they are the ones who are going to be holding office even up to the day you die, who is going to change the system? Only those in power can change the system and those would be Democrats and Republicans. Let's face the truth, you are throwing your life away chasing a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow which doesn't exist because every time you get closer to it, it either moves further away or disappears. Please list the names of everyone who holds office who won being a member of the Forward Party.

LOL. And, if you admit that they are the ones who are going to be holding office even up to the day you die, who is going to change the system? Only those in power can change the system and those would be Democrats and Republicans. Let's face the truth, you are throwing your life away chasing a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow which doesn't exist because every time you get closer to it, it either moves further away or disappears. Please list the names of everyone who holds office who won being a member of the Forward Party.
The party is not even official yet. Calm down.

You're fine with the ugly status quo. I'm not. Enjoy.

The party is not even official yet. Calm down.

You're fine with the ugly status quo. I'm not. Enjoy.
I'm not fine with the status quo. I hate both parties. But, reality is reality. It's like a black hole. You cannot escape the gravity of a black hole and you cannot escape reality. The only real solution we have is to somehow elect moderates in both parties. Coming up with a new party isn't going to work. It's been hundreds of years since a new party became relevant. Libertarians have probably been the most successful and look at them - zero, zip, nodda.

When you say normal SS eligibility starts at 67.5, do you mean full benefits are earned by waiting until 67.5? Because I can start drawing at 62 if I choose. Just at a reduced amount. Which would also affect my wife's draw when she became eligible.
Yes, I mean full benefits. From 1935 to 2020 or so, full benefits kicked in at 65. Back in the 1980s, the cowardly Congress set the new age to 67.5, but put that off until forty years later when most of them would be dead.

Our life expectancy has increased by a lot more than 2.5 years since then.

We are living longer, we should be working longer.

Choosing a party that can win only 1% of the election is a vote for the status quo
Nope. You have it completely ass backwards.

My vote has to be EARNED. I give my vote to whoever is most closely aligned with my beliefs.

If the major parties are dumpster fires, that is not my fault.

The idiots who keep voting for "the lesser of two evils" are the ones who are perpetuating the problem, not those of us who refuse to give our votes to the assholes who didn't earn it.

My vote has to be EARNED. I give my vote to whoever is most closely aligned with my beliefs.

The idiots who keep voting for "the lesser of two evils" are the ones who are perpetuating the problem, not those of us who refuse to give our votes to the assholes who didn't earn it.
This. Exactly this.

Like it or not your vote for a 1% loser makes you a loser too

flawed as they may be one of the two major parties will call the shots

Like it or not your vote for a 1% loser makes you a loser too

flawed as they may be one of the two major parties will call the shots
Only because you idiots keep voting for them.

Last edited:
People should be retiring earlier, not later. We don't need people to hold onto their jobs longer. That's a terrible idea. We have a huge surplus of young workers.

We see Mac sit around all day making anti-Trump threads and saying how insane the Left is while saying he is for the Forward party.

Why?

If you are for something, explain what it is, right? But no, Mac does not do that, so I have done it for him

Problems to be Solved:​

• The GDP doesn’t reflect differences in the cost of living, inflation rates of the country, economic inequality, or the health and happiness of its people.
  • The United States has plummeted to twenty-seventh or lower along a variety of dimensions, including such basic measures as life expectancy, clean water, and infant mortality.
  • Reelection rates have nothing to do with legislative quality.
  • Currently, Congress doesn’t have any way to measure if they are implementing laws that will improve their constituents’ lives.

So what is the solution?

Solutions:​

• Congress should adopt a series of measurements and goals that can be modified and reexamined over time.
  • Representatives should select from these measures based on what they believe their constituents would care about then suggest how the laws they are passing will improve them.
  • Use measurements such as, but not limited to:
    • Poverty rates
    • Life expectancy
    • Rates of Business formation
    • Clean Water
    • Crime Rates
    • Overdose deaths
    • Government Efficiency
    • Mental Health
    • Income Growth & Average Incomes
    • Affordability
    • Environmental Sustainability
    • Recidivism
    • Labor-force participation Rate
    • Military Readiness
    • Marriage Rates
    • Quality of Infrastructure
    • Rehabilitation Rates
    • Civic Engagement
    • Education Rates
  • My summary: It simply is pointing to what is going on saying this is bad. The best point is showing how government implements a program and then walks away, leaving it to continue whether it is good or detrimental to society.
This party wants to "fix" everything for everyone, so my guess is the would simply clamor for more control and more spending, much like we see the Climate cultists doing today with their war on fossil fuels around the world with the subsequent massive inflation on energy, thus on everything else as well. Why? Cuz they have to save us all. Yes dear friend, every day we go to the gas pumps we are reminded of how they are saving the planet, it is by forcing us all use less and less and less energy.

Good times.
I agree with one or two things in their platform but mostly they're insufferable busy bodies

1658257055311.png

Forum List

Back